Author Topic: Trump ; " I want my people to sit up at attention like NK's Kim"  (Read 2225 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
https://nypost.com/2018/06/15/trump-i-want-my-people-to-sit-up-at-attention-like-kim-jong-uns-do/

Note - this includes  a Fox news video of him saying this posted with the article.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Trump ; " I want my people to sit up at attention like NK's Kim"
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »
*fart noises*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 11:08:53 AM »

Serious question: What do you you think of Trump saying he wants US citizens to behave like those under a dictator ?

A bit of a stretch there Howard...
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:14:54 AM »
Ok, I watched the video. What Trump said was that Kim is a super duper leader. When he talks, his people sit up and pay attention. Trump then points towards the white house and says that's what he wants his people to do. Obviously he is meaning his staff and cabinet. Nothing wrong with a boss wanting his or her employees to sit up and pay attention when he or she talks. Sorry Howard, this one goes in the "non issue" column

GB Fact Checking Board

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 12:51:33 PM »
Trump for Emperor!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 02:50:01 PM »
You Ag , etc are sure drinking the Trump Kool aid. Unreal....

No, not at all. I wouldn't have been surprised if Trump had actually meant citizens, he's said much more stupid things, like he could shoot someone and wouldn't lose his supporters.. but in the context of what was said and his pointing directly at the white house makes it pretty clear what he meant. Watch it again with that scenario in mind, tell me what you think. You, unlike most here, will admit when they are wrong.... don't let me down

Ag

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »
No, not at all. I wouldn't have been surprised if Trump had actually meant citizens, he's said much more stupid things, like he could shoot someone and wouldn't lose his supporters.. but in the context of what was said and his pointing directly at the white house makes it pretty clear what he meant. Watch it again with that scenario in mind, tell me what you think. You, unlike most here, will admit when they are wrong.... don't let me down

Ag

Fair enough.

Ok , it's obvious that Trump admires strong leaders regardless of their means or form of GOV.
He's an unapologetic  authoritarian leader at heart who wants more direct control over the press ( media) and all branches of GOV.
This is a troubling attitude and goes against the framers wishes when they wrote the constitution .

Like it or not , we have a system of checks and balances in the US GOV.
No one man can be a king.

Ok, in my honest opinion, THIS quetsioning the President and having to answer to congress and the courts bothers Trump.
Based on his countless statements, I don't think he respects the constitutional role designed for the US President.
This and other reasons, are why I think he'll get frustrated and resign the office before his 4 yr term is over.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 06:02:31 PM »
Fair enough.

Ok , it's obvious that Trump admires strong leaders regardless of their means or form of GOV.
He's an unapologetic  authoritarian leader at heart who wants more direct control over the press ( media) and all branches of GOV.
This is a troubling attitude and goes against the framers wishes when they wrote the constitution .

Like it or not , we have a system of checks and balances in the US GOV.
No one man can be a king.

Ok, in my honest opinion, THIS quetsioning the President and having to answer to congress and the courts bothers Trump.
Based on his countless statements, I don't think he respects the constitutional role designed for the US President.
This and other reasons, are why I think he'll get frustrated and resign the office before his 4 yr term is over.

all of what you said may be true, but you didn't address at all, the video and your original accusation about him meaning US citizens versus his cabinet and staff

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 08:04:53 PM »
You Ag , etc are sure drinking the Trump Kool aid. Unreal....

Clearly you was totally wrong
You know it
You Cannot or will not admit it.

Advice for you,
When your in a hole stop digging.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 10:18:58 PM »
howard....

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 06:37:23 AM »
https://nypost.com/2018/06/15/trump-i-want-my-people-to-sit-up-at-attention-like-kim-jong-uns-do/

Note - this includes  a Fox news video of him saying this posted with the article.
Trump is clear he wishes the US citizens would behave like those under a brutal dictator in NK.

Sorry Mr President, the USA has a little set of rules known as the constitution and Bill of Rights. ;)

says the fake news victim.. ::)
K

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 06:53:21 AM »
Ok, I watched the video. What Trump said was that Kim is a super duper leader. When he talks, his people sit up and pay attention. Trump then points towards the white house and says that's what he wants his people to do. Obviously he is meaning his staff and cabinet. Nothing wrong with a boss wanting his or her employees to sit up and pay attention when he or she talks. Sorry Howard, this one goes in the "non issue" column

GB Fact Checking Board
:o
Of course he meant his staff.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 12:25:13 PM »
Sorry for not being prompt replying, but I'm busy watching every world cup game .
I'm a huge soccer fan.

Ok, I feel that I answered your question with some detail.
Obviously, we have different conclusions on the meaning of Trump's words in the statement.

FYI< thanks for keeping things civil and promoting a decent back and forth.

Your welcome, I enjoy debating, I don't enjoy arguing like 12 year olds although sometimes I get sucked into that.
One final question. When you watched the video, did you notice his right arm at the exact moment he said my people? Did you notice it bend at the elbow, his index finger extended and he pointed at the whitehouse? That, in addition to him referring to Kim's people sitting up at attention, how could he know the entire country was sitting up at attention,  rather than those right in front of him? Clearly he meant his staff...  But you aren't alone. I've heard the CNN talking heads pretend thats what he meant as well. It just hurts their credibility

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »
Your welcome, I enjoy debating, I don't enjoy arguing like 12 year olds although sometimes I get sucked into that.
One final question. When you watched the video, did you notice his right arm at the exact moment he said my people? Did you notice it bend at the elbow, his index finger extended and he pointed at the whitehouse? That, in addition to him referring to Kim's people sitting up at attention, how could he know the entire country was sitting up at attention,  rather than those right in front of him? Clearly he meant his staff...  But you aren't alone. I've heard the CNN talking heads pretend thats what he meant as well. It just hurts their credibility

Just Like Howard, CNN have very little credibility left.!!!
 ;D

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 02:09:57 PM »
how dare you call him Trump... call him by his proper name.....DADDY
real men= no rubbers

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 04:10:06 PM »

GB Fact Checking Board

"Later Friday, the president told reporters that he was only joking.

“I was kidding,” he said. “You don’t understand sarcasm.”"

Where have I heard this before? A Getbigger calls someone a "fucktard" and later says they were just joking around. Then they further insult the person by says they don't understand sarcasm.

What do you suppose is Trump's alias/handle is on Getbig? Does also he have gimmicks here?  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 04:13:29 PM »

Ag

By supporters, Trump actually meant these:   ;D ;D ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 04:14:18 PM »
how dare you call him Trump... call him by his proper name.....DADDY

He's not my 'daddy'.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 05:15:47 PM »
"Later Friday, the president told reporters that he was only joking.

“I was kidding,” he said. “You don’t understand sarcasm.”"

Where have I heard this before? A Getbigger calls someone a "fucktard" and later says they were just joking around. Then they further insult the person by says they don't understand sarcasm.

What do you suppose is Trump's alias/handle is on Getbig? Does also he have gimmicks here?  ;D

Trumps response to the question underscores the evidence that he really is low IQ. It was a softball pitch and he totally missed it. All he had to do was say "I was clearly talking about my staff. It was a joke. Lighten up" 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »
Trumps response to the question underscores the evidence that he really is low IQ. It was a softball pitch and he totally missed it. All he had to do was say "I was clearly talking about my staff. It was a joke. Lighten up" 

This is a guy who lashes back any time he thinks someone is challenging or criticizing him. If someone publicly suggested Trump has a low IQ he'd go berserk. No way would he simply blow it off.

Personally, it annoys me anytime someone talks as if they own others, such as saying "my employees" or "my people". But in fairness, it is a commonly used term these days, maybe because it's the me generation. Sometimes, I even slip and use this word because it's easy.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 07:04:19 PM »
This is a guy who lashes back any time he thinks someone is challenging or criticizing him. If someone publicly suggested Trump has a low IQ he'd go berserk. No way would he simply blow it off.

Personally, it annoys me anytime someone talks as if they own others, such as saying "my employees" or "my people". But in fairness, it is a commonly used term these days, maybe because it's the me generation. Sometimes, I even slip and use this word because it's easy.

I lived in a world where the best managers, leaders, executives constantly referred to their subordinates as "my team" . I did this all the time. Any time someone tried to give me credit for anything, I would invoke the "My team". Because while I was ultimately responsible for the success, I was nothing without my team. I always referred to my division as a team

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2018, 03:39:59 PM »
I lived in a world where the best managers, leaders, executives constantly referred to their subordinates as "my team" . I did this all the time. Any time someone tried to give me credit for anything, I would invoke the "My team". Because while I was ultimately responsible for the success, I was nothing without my team. I always referred to my division as a team
::)
Ego much?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »
Ego much?

maybe, but the point is, referring to your employees as my people in and of itself isn't a bad thing. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2018, 04:55:06 PM »
Ego much?

But never responsible for the failures - see how that works.  :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »

I'm just curious, what world do you currently live in?