Author Topic: DC Training  (Read 2770 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
DC Training
« on: November 01, 2018, 05:52:24 AM »
Any of you Tards ever try the DoggCrapp training method?
If so, any good results if youve tried it? (I know, everyone here is thrown off w/ actual training talk and not Politico)  :P

Crusty Handjob loves it (Hanshaw). Looks like it could be an interesting method to throw in once a year for a 12 week cycle or something.
Not sure Natties could do this year round. (Maybe if they are young).

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/how-to-build-50-pounds-of-muscle-in-12-months

They forgot to include the gear cycyle in this article about gaining 50 lbs. of muscle though. (Test, Deca, EQ, DBol).
I dont know, looks interesting, but one would need a good (and like minded) training partner for this. (Lots of negatives, etc).

Blaha did a video about it (did not watch) but he is in Dusty's league, so he thinks? **shrug**

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: DC Training
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 06:27:57 AM »
It's ok as a shock if you have never done it, or two months out of the year.  Even juiced up you can't do it for too long because the joints take a beating.

Personally, Hernon's training method is based on similar principles (rest and frequency) and is much better.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 06:42:32 AM »
U go back to 0 wen u stop
Just like if u started boxing then quit
Fantastic post✔
A

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 06:56:36 AM »
high frequency is legit.

but chasing the logbook is too forced. it's better to let the strength come naturally. also you need a gym with loads of varieties of machines to cycle through when you plateau on one exercise.

rest pause is probably a good shock technique but I don't think it's much better than straight sets over the long term.

I did it for years but found that very high frequency (1-2 days off a week when life calls) with low volume is much better when not on gear. I'd like to test this on a cycle though but can't be arsed finding good juice.

also I used his "food as the main anabolic" theory and it wasn't pretty.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 07:06:14 AM »
I liked the idea of the log book and trying to continuously improve. It's good to try new things and shock the body sometimes. Give it a try.
S

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 07:09:05 AM »
Nearly the same shit as Mentzer's old HIT.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 07:31:35 AM »
I've been doing it for 15 years.

Results? I've been doing it for 15 years

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 10:26:04 AM »
Doing Wendlers 5/3/1 again now, but may try this after Im done just for something different.
Good answers BTW...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 12:12:37 PM »
I've seen people walking dogs picking up dog crap.

They don't look any more muscular.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 12:23:16 PM »
Have tried it a few times but training to failure for more than a few weeks fucks me and start going backwards.

Would love to give it a proper go under perfect conditions eg no physical job, plenty sleep ect but probably never happen

Did learn a lot from Dante’s writings and still include a lot of DC training principles in my own training, first read about the importance of slowing down the negative portion from DC articles and have used it ever since ect

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 01:18:40 PM »
Have tried it a few times but training to failure for more than a few weeks fucks me and start going backwards.

Would love to give it a proper go under perfect conditions eg no physical job, plenty sleep ect but probably never happen

Did learn a lot from Dante’s writings and still include a lot of DC training principles in my own training, first read about the importance of slowing down the negative portion from DC articles and have used it ever since ect

Many tools in gyms dont get the importance of negatives. I see people jerking light weights all fast and jerky-like these days. Comical...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 02:42:03 PM »
I ignore it solely because of the stupid name.

Virgil

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 02:47:08 PM »
I tried it and yes I made gains, but I beat up my joints doing it, it really beats you up

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 04:32:58 AM »
I ignore it solely because of the stupid name.

Very silly name, I guess named after his old screen name on forums. (Intense Muscle).

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 04:35:49 AM »
We are still talking about this shit?  Low sets to failure isn't anything new and mysterious. Someone else will revamp this bs and call it something else and it will fill the bodybuilding boards with this "incredible" break through training method. Read up on Arthur Jones and Mike Mentzer to know your history. Those that don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.  ;D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 04:49:18 AM »
We are still talking about this shit?  Low sets to failure isn't anything new and mysterious. Someone else will revamp this bs and call it something else and it will fill the bodybuilding boards with this "incredible" break through training method. Read up on Arthur Jones and Mike Mentzer to know your history. Those that don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.  ;D

I know more about Iron Game history than most here. I'm just asking if people tried the training method.
 I like getting peoples takes on different methods.
If anyone knows anything about Mentzer, lets just say I hang around w/ his ex-best friend and a book is being worked on).

So yes, again, I know my history...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2018, 12:36:57 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't work for 6 weeks.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2018, 04:03:00 PM »
I do sheiko these days, with assistance days in between

And masturbate a lot

Bench

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2018, 06:38:33 PM »
I know more about Iron Game history than most here. I'm just asking if people tried the training method.
 I like getting peoples takes on different methods.
If anyone knows anything about Mentzer, lets just say I hang around w/ his ex-best friend and a book is being worked on).

So yes, again, I know my history...

Are you talking about Dave Mastorakis?  Mike started using the typical volume workout. After being influenced by Arthur Jones and Viator he began his high intensity training. He won Weider's version of the Mr. America using a whole body routine three days a week. He sometimes worked out with Dave using about 5 work sets a body part.

After that he use a two way split. He didn't adhere to the calendar but in general he did Thighs, chest and triceps on Monday and Thursdays. On Tuesdays and Fridays he did back, delt and biceps. Wednesdays, Saturday and Sundays was off. In his later days he was against cardio but during these days he use to ride a bike or run for cardio.

After reading about Frank Calta who was Mr. Florida he was influenced to use his split that he called "Rotation for  Recuperation."  Mentzer now split his routine to Monday: Thighs, chest and triceps. Wednesday: Back, shoulders and bicep. Friday was Thighs, chest and triceps. Wednesday, Saturday and Sundays was off. Next week he would rotate. Monday: Back, Shoulders and bicep. Wednesday was Thighs, chest and tricep. Friday was now back, shoulders and bicep. Again days of the week meant nothing. If he missed a day he just did it the next day. This is the split he used for the 1980 Olympia. Again about 4 to 6 work sets a body part.

When he retired he came up with the one work set to failure and letting many days go between training days. Nothing that he ever used to compete.  Did he do this because it was a more cost effective way to train clients?  Never met one personal trainer that used volume with clients.

David Young use to train in the same gyms as both Viator and Mentzer. He said Mentzer used more sets than he claimed in writing. Were they warm ups? Don't know. It was reported that the poster boy Viator for Arthur Jones used a lot of sets to compete once his employment was Arthur Jones was over. Some say his best ripped shape was the result of his volume training. On a side note Viator in correspondence over the internet told me his blood test came back perfect. I told him and I regret typing that I felt there was more to health than blood results. Cardio capacity and being over weight was a risk in its self. He died shortly after. Rest in peace.

Personally I have been using low sets to failure my whole life. I couldn't win a Mr. No where title.  I will say in my younger years I was always muscular and in shape but I will never claim to be a bodybuilder. I have been lifting weights for over 40 years.  I have been heavily influenced by Mentzer and Jones. I own Jones original writings on the subject that was bound with staples. He believed in basic weight workouts working the whole body in one workout. He was opposed to splits.  

Getting back to DC it seems to be little difference from any other low set routine. It's a solid way to train. No magic unless you are using magic syringes and pills.

The older I get the more I wonder if my obsession with high intensity was a wrong approach. If intensity was the magic bullet then wouldn't sets of one rep be the highest intensity one could achieve?  I'm beginning to believe the best approach is what Bill Pearl preached. Bodybuilding is about muscular endurance and not strength if this one sentence resonates. Danny Padilla would do a set of 12 and quit knowing he could have got a more reps and it was the first of 5 sets of an exercise. By set four or five he would be at failure. Meanwhile he was pushing  the muscular endurance envelope not to be confused with aerobics. Increasing strength will make you bigger as in increasing your squat from 400lbs to 500lbs. What will make your muscles grow faster than pure strength gains is increasing your muscular endurance capacity. Decreasing the rests between sets is part of that. The vast majority of champs have used volume. HIT guys like to say they would have been better off using HIT.  If low sets to failure was the magic bullet wouldn't all champs use it?

In the end I think like Jeff Everson said, "You don't have to be a scientist to be a bodybuilder."  Some of the dumbest guys on earth are successful bodybuilders and some of the most scientific stink. If you don't know who Everson is he competed in Olympic lifting, power lifting, field events in Track and bodybuilding. When he saw Mentzer compete on the SuperStars on ABC struggling to jerk 300lbs he went in the gym the next day and jerked 300lbs over head ten times in a row.  Genetics and drug use trump all training methods. In the end the best you can do for yourself is to have a work ethic.  

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 06:49:59 PM »
Didn't Bob Chick have some pithy response to dog shit training?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2018, 07:44:51 PM »
U go back to 0 wen u stop
Just like if u started boxing then quit
Fantastic post✔

If you quit boxing you still know how to throw a punch.
Q

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2018, 07:55:20 PM »
If you quit boxing you still know how to throw a punch.
true but rusty You loose endurance, technique,

In dc if u stop stretchin u get less flexable

A

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2018, 10:56:31 PM »
If you stop showering you get stinky too.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2018, 03:36:37 AM »
Are you talking about Dave Mastorakis?  Mike started using the typical volume workout. After being influenced by Arthur Jones and Viator he began his high intensity training. He won Weider's version of the Mr. America using a whole body routine three days a week. He sometimes worked out with Dave using about 5 work sets a body part.

After that he use a two way split. He didn't adhere to the calendar but in general he did Thighs, chest and triceps on Monday and Thursdays. On Tuesdays and Fridays he did back, delt and biceps. Wednesdays, Saturday and Sundays was off. In his later days he was against cardio but during these days he use to ride a bike or run for cardio.

After reading about Frank Calta who was Mr. Florida he was influenced to use his split that he called "Rotation for  Recuperation."  Mentzer now split his routine to Monday: Thighs, chest and triceps. Wednesday: Back, shoulders and bicep. Friday was Thighs, chest and triceps. Wednesday, Saturday and Sundays was off. Next week he would rotate. Monday: Back, Shoulders and bicep. Wednesday was Thighs, chest and tricep. Friday was now back, shoulders and bicep. Again days of the week meant nothing. If he missed a day he just did it the next day. This is the split he used for the 1980 Olympia. Again about 4 to 6 work sets a body part.

When he retired he came up with the one work set to failure and letting many days go between training days. Nothing that he ever used to compete.  Did he do this because it was a more cost effective way to train clients?  Never met one personal trainer that used volume with clients.

David Young use to train in the same gyms as both Viator and Mentzer. He said Mentzer used more sets than he claimed in writing. Were they warm ups? Don't know. It was reported that the poster boy Viator for Arthur Jones used a lot of sets to compete once his employment was Arthur Jones was over. Some say his best ripped shape was the result of his volume training. On a side note Viator in correspondence over the internet told me his blood test came back perfect. I told him and I regret typing that I felt there was more to health than blood results. Cardio capacity and being over weight was a risk in its self. He died shortly after. Rest in peace.

Personally I have been using low sets to failure my whole life. I couldn't win a Mr. No where title.  I will say in my younger years I was always muscular and in shape but I will never claim to be a bodybuilder. I have been lifting weights for over 40 years.  I have been heavily influenced by Mentzer and Jones. I own Jones original writings on the subject that was bound with staples. He believed in basic weight workouts working the whole body in one workout. He was opposed to splits.  

Getting back to DC it seems to be little difference from any other low set routine. It's a solid way to train. No magic unless you are using magic syringes and pills.

The older I get the more I wonder if my obsession with high intensity was a wrong approach. If intensity was the magic bullet then wouldn't sets of one rep be the highest intensity one could achieve?  I'm beginning to believe the best approach is what Bill Pearl preached. Bodybuilding is about muscular endurance and not strength if this one sentence resonates. Danny Padilla would do a set of 12 and quit knowing he could have got a more reps and it was the first of 5 sets of an exercise. By set four or five he would be at failure. Meanwhile he was pushing  the muscular endurance envelope not to be confused with aerobics. Increasing strength will make you bigger as in increasing your squat from 400lbs to 500lbs. What will make your muscles grow faster than pure strength gains is increasing your muscular endurance capacity. Decreasing the rests between sets is part of that. The vast majority of champs have used volume. HIT guys like to say they would have been better off using HIT.  If low sets to failure was the magic bullet wouldn't all champs use it?

In the end I think like Jeff Everson said, "You don't have to be a scientist to be a bodybuilder."  Some of the dumbest guys on earth are successful bodybuilders and some of the most scientific stink. If you don't know who Everson is he competed in Olympic lifting, power lifting, field events in Track and bodybuilding. When he saw Mentzer compete on the SuperStars on ABC struggling to jerk 300lbs he went in the gym the next day and jerked 300lbs over head ten times in a row.  Genetics and drug use trump all training methods. In the end the best you can do for yourself is to have a work ethic.  

No one is going to read all that shit.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2018, 03:45:50 AM »
No one is going to read all that shit.

;D ;D ;D
X