Author Topic: Wrestlemania Booking  (Read 9794 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: Wrestlemania Booking
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 04:30:40 AM »
Newest rumor is Undertakers opponent is someone not on the Roster.....perhaps Samoa Joe?

I think this could be a decent match up, very physical/brawling

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2016, 05:58:46 AM »
Newest rumor is Undertakers opponent is someone not on the Roster.....perhaps Samoa Joe?

Seems late in the game for this. Joe is still an unknown to most WWE fans. Is it someone not on the main roster, or not with the company at all?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 08:03:01 AM »
Furthermore, the man the company has in mind is not even on the roster right now, according to Dave Meltzer. It's unclear what exactly that means, as Meltzer speculates that could start up Sting rumors.

Not sure if this means WWE "main"roster as it could mean NXT or perhaps like a Shinsake Nakamaura...(sp)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2016, 08:59:06 AM »
Again, Nakamura hasn't been introduced to the American audience on a large scale. Way too early to have him go against an all time great.

If WWE insists on having Taker on the card, without it being a rerun, the best bet would be Owens.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »

I can't for the life of me see Undertaker wrestling Samoa Joe in his goodbye / good riddens match at the biggest show of them all.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 03:05:58 AM »
Now there is rumblings that either AJ/Jericho will be a full time tag team and challenge New Day for belts at WM OR Jericho will heel turn and have them face each other again at WM.....both scenarios suck...

Listen to the pops AJ is getting.....throw him in a feud with Owens

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2016, 04:46:37 AM »
Now there is rumblings that either AJ/Jericho will be a full time tag team and challenge New Day for belts at WM OR Jericho will heel turn and have them face each other again at WM.....both scenarios suck...

Listen to the pops AJ is getting.....throw him in a feud with Owens

Agreed 100%

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2016, 05:39:38 AM »
Seems late in the game for this. Joe is still an unknown to most WWE fans. Is it someone not on the main roster, or not with the company at all?

Granted we now know it is Shane vs UT BUT I disagree, I think that at least 50-60% of people that attend the shows are smart marks and would know who Joe is.......Nakamaura would be a stretch.

Hell based on your thoughts... the fans should not have known who AJ was/is and look at his reception...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2016, 05:46:15 AM »
Granted we now know it is Shane vs UT BUT I disagree, I think that at least 50-60% of people that attend the shows are smart marks and would know who Joe is.......Nakamaura would be a stretch.

Hell based on your thoughts... the fans should not have known who AJ was/is and look at his reception...

The difference is that it's a 100k seat venue, not a normal show. They have to get the casual fans not just the smart marks.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2016, 05:52:05 AM »
The difference is that it's a 100k seat venue, not a normal show. They have to get the casual fans not just the smart marks.

Great point.....JR says that people attend WM based on the name but I tend to think that in today's landscape the matches are equally important

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2016, 02:42:04 PM »
Great point.....JR says that people attend WM based on the name but I tend to think that in today's landscape the matches are equally important

Thanks. I don't disagree with you. Joe / Taker would be a cool match. So would Joe / Brock. Maybe next year, as I think Joe will go over big if brought up to the main roster. His submission style works well in a pro wrestling world where the fans are aware of MMA.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »
Never was a huge Samoa Joe fan, but that's just me.

I'm not saying he's a bad wrestler, but he just never connected with me as a fan.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2016, 06:54:43 AM »
I can count on one hand how many matches I have seen of Joe's but would be nice to get another bad ass on the main roster that doesn't look like a swimsuit model  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2016, 05:42:29 AM »
Very good point. Plus, to sell a 100,000 seat venue, WWE needs to really stock the card.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 02:07:31 PM »
Do you think Taker will still be on the card after grabbing Vince by the throat?

Titus got 60 days for grabbing an arm. ;)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2016, 02:16:31 PM »
Do you think Taker will still be on the card after grabbing Vince by the throat?

Touche.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2016, 07:04:29 AM »

Lol...that one still has me puzzled. Unless...he failed the Wellness policy and they are using the grabbing of the arm as a scapegoat to avoid a media frenzy  ;)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2016, 08:19:52 AM »
Lol...that one still has me puzzled. Unless...he failed the Wellness policy and they are using the grabbing of the arm as a scapegoat to avoid a media frenzy  ;)

It easy to read too much in to this type of thing.

Could've been that Vince had a bad night's sleep and was in a pissed off mood.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »
Any chance they swerve it, have Ambrose beat TripleH, and have him face Reigns at WM?
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »
Any chance they swerve it, have Ambrose beat TripleH, and have him face Reigns at WM?

I was thinking something along these lines as well. Shane/HHH & Reigns/Taker makes more sense than the other way around. Then, Ambose/ Lesnar would be for the title.

There's needs to be some fancy footwork, story wise to make it happen, but they still have a month.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 01:15:15 PM »
I was thinking something along these lines as well. Shane/HHH & Reigns/Taker makes more sense than the other way around. Then, Ambose/ Lesnar would be for the title.

There's needs to be some fancy footwork, story wise to make it happen, but they still have a month.

I think Ambrose vs Reigns would actually generate interest.   Especially since Ambrose is pretty over right now.  They could turn Reigns, which might also help him in the long run....just a thought.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 01:56:14 PM »
I think Ambrose vs Reigns would actually generate interest.   Especially since Ambrose is pretty over right now.  They could turn Reigns, which might also help him in the long run....just a thought.

Ambrose / Reigns certainly makes more sense than Ambrose / Lesnar. Everything this year feels forced. Basically, the only reason for Taker to be on the card is that he's Taker.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 03:40:47 PM »
Ambrose / Reigns certainly makes more sense than Ambrose / Lesnar. Everything this year feels forced. Basically, the only reason for Taker to be on the card is that he's Taker.

Ambrose / Lesnar sucks because Ambrose shouldn't even stand a chance with Lesnar.  They did the whole "take a beating but not quit" with Lesnar /Reigns last year at WM.....this would be a repeat.

I'm guessing they're monitoring ticket sales and will adapt on the  fly over the next few weeks.  Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2016, 04:28:26 PM »
Ambrose / Lesnar sucks because Ambrose shouldn't even stand a chance with Lesnar.  They did the whole "take a beating but not quit" with Lesnar /Reigns last year at WM.....this would be a repeat.

I'm guessing they're monitoring ticket sales and will adapt on the  fly over the next few weeks.  Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

All the ex writers I've heard on Podcasts said Vince regularly changed storylines and matches at the last minute.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2016, 08:39:33 AM »
Reigns just needs to go full blown heel