Author Topic: BEST HOF SPEECH - Torrie Wilson  (Read 4329 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
BEST HOF SPEECH - Torrie Wilson
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »
I must say, not that speeches are the highlights of the Hall of Fame, per se. But, Torrie Wilson stole the show with hers.

She was very humble and genuine, every thing she was billed to be. She was real with the fans.

The gist was basically (sarcastically): "You guys are probably going to be surprised by this. But, I'm pretty sure I wasn't hired based on my wrestling skills! I had none!" But, she stuck with it, just because she loved the business and despite some folks panning her efforts. She thanked Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan for welcoming a "nobody fitness model" with open arms in WCW. Her story about a 4th-grade boy having a crush on her, scaring her into hiding at home, stuffing her face during Christmas break (resulting in a few extra lbs), only to have that same boy insult her by calling her "FATSO" and chasing her around the playground was quite stirring.

She teared while thanking Finlay for being so patient with her, despite her numerous in-ring botches and emotional breakdowns, while trying to get her moves right. Wilson declared Finlay's work with the ladies as the real reason Lynch, Flair, and Rousey are main-eventing WM35 (a point that has been beaten almost to death).

I especially like her success points:

1. Permission is for pansies
2. Forget the Failures
3. Summon your Swagger.

Wilson claims that the swagger thing came into play for her at Judgment Day 2003, where she had her bikini contest segment against Sable. She said that, after Sable just "owned the joint", she wanted God to either strike her dead or give her just 5 minutes of rhythm. I could see that. After all, NOBODY beats Sable in a bikini contest.

Then again, I saw that segment a couple of weeks ago. And it ends with Tazz declaring the contest a draw (after asking the crowd to help Jerry "The King" Lawler find his eyeballs), until Torrie claims she wasn't finished yet, unveiling an even smaller segment of strings and patches underneath her more "conservative" Playboy bikini.

The crowd pops with obligatory shots of King, losing his mind. Then the crown roars and Tazz declared Wilson as the winner.

Back to the HOF speech, they brought Stacy Keebler back to induct Wilson into the HOF (perhaps a hint that she's on deck for HOF 2020 and because she and Wilson both got their starts in WCW, with Kiebler auditioning as a Nitro Girl).

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: BEST HOF SPEECH - Torrie Wilson
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 06:56:49 AM »
torrie was a stunner and kiebler as well...

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 09:09:58 AM »
I used to be a private chef. When we used to visit Miami Arod and Torrie were often house guests. I have no idea what kinda plastic surgery shes done to her face but that definitely isn't the women I used to feed. Her speech was the best of the evening. Didn't like the new format of having the event in the ring. And as expected the DX induction was the HHH show. What he should have said was that if it weren't for Shawn and Chyna he would have been released. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 09:43:10 AM »
I used to be a private chef. When we used to visit Miami Arod and Torrie were often house guests. I have no idea what kinda plastic surgery shes done to her face but that definitely isn't the women I used to feed. Her speech was the best of the evening. Didn't like the new format of having the event in the ring. And as expected the DX induction was the HHH show. What he should have said was that if it weren't for Shawn and Chyna he would have been released. 
DIDN'T SEE HER ,,HER FACE WAS PRETTY BACK IN THE DAY

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 10:37:44 AM »

Maybe it's more Father Time. She still looks great, though.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 03:40:17 PM »
There's a photo floating around of a very young Stacy Keebler sitting amongst the audience at a WCW show while posing as a fan. The accompanying discussion was in regards to how WCW would use "plants" in the audience for various reasons and in various capacities.

I suspect the Fed and other promotions over the years have utilized the same ploy.
Some shows used to distribute signs to fans as they entered the arena.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 04:47:06 AM »
torrie was a stunner and kiebler as well...
Yes, they are both stunning, mind you that you can easily tell Torrie had a lot of plastic surgery done to her face.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 06:31:36 PM »
Looking back at Torrie's speech, it was still great. But, how exactly was she some shy flower....when she got butt-@$$ naked for Playboy TWICE? And we all know of her pics in MuscleMag before she became a wrestler....not exactly shy, ugly-duckling material.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 06:29:18 AM »
I didn't think to much of her speech. I felt it was a "cry me a river" speech more or less. Who didn't get teased or picked on from time to time as a kid? Get over it and move on.