Author Topic: True Detective Season 2  (Read 2278 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
True Detective Season 2
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:12:42 PM »
Vince Vaughn is going to ruin it for me.  I was worried about Colin Farrell trying to be a badass cop but I like him in this sleezy role.  Suits him better.

A bizarre murder brings together three law-enforcement officers and a career criminal, each of whom must navigate a web of conspiracy and betrayal in the scorched landscapes of California. Colin Farrell is Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective in the all-industrial City of Vinci, LA County. Vince Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, a criminal and entrepreneur in danger of losing his life’s work, while his wife and closest ally (Kelly Reilly), struggles with his choices and her own. Rachel McAdams is Ani Bezzerides, a Ventura County Sheriff’s detective often at odds with the system she serves, while Taylor Kitsch plays Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle cop for the California Highway Patrol who discovers a crime scene which triggers an investigation involving three law enforcement groups, multiple criminal collusions, and billions of dollars.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: True Detective Season 2
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 02:20:28 PM »
Vince sucks, agreed...

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »
Season 1 was great , cant wait for season 2

i am on season 3 of House of Cards, also a very good show

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 07:17:29 PM »
The trailer was better than I expected. When I first heard that those two were in it, I wasn't too impressed.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 07:26:05 PM »
Yeah, I saw that a day or two ago, and wasn't that impressed, then I gave it a second watch, and it doesn't seem that bad. The problem is that the bar is set so high from the original that almost anything will pale in comparison. The trailer looks like it will turn out to be 7/10ish actiony melodrama.

And, yes, the problem is that the two leads don't have enough gravitas to pull off their roles all that well to my eye. This is something where a good character actor or older A/B level actor would shine.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »
Season 1 was great , cant wait for season 2

i am on season 3 of House of Cards, also a very good show

No spoiler but I can see where they are going and I think it has now jumped the shark.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »
Yeah, I saw that a day or two ago, and wasn't that impressed, then I gave it a second watch, and it doesn't seem that bad. The problem is that the bar is set so high from the original that almost anything will pale in comparison. The trailer looks like it will turn out to be 7/10ish actiony melodrama.

And, yes, the problem is that the two leads don't have enough gravitas to pull off their roles all that well to my eye. This is something where a good character actor or older A/B level actor would shine.

What they should have done for Season 2 was have McConnahay and Harrelson back in a different story but this time Harrelson plays the crazy and McConnahay plays the straight guy.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 06:58:23 AM »
Colin Farrell is an underrated actor, IMO. He is really good in a lot of movies to the point of saving some of them as some he is in aren't the greatest as far as story, etc.

random letters

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 08:02:32 AM »
Colin Farrell is an underrated actor, IMO. He is really good in a lot of movies to the point of saving some of them as some he is in aren't the greatest as far as story, etc.

Agreed.  Anyone see Tigerland?  He is great in that flick and has incredible screen presence and charisma.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
Season 1 made this one of the best shows on TV IMO - well, at least the first four episodes - and it will be hard to follow that up with the new cast and location. But the writers did an amazing job and I feel this will be a must-watch.

Perhaps even more difficult than replacing Rust and Marty will be the stenographer with the amazing tits and edible ass.