Author Topic: New Mexico firefighter under investigation after photo of wife breast-feeding  (Read 518 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
What's the big deal?  I like it.

New Mexico firefighter under investigation after photo of wife breast-feeding in uniform stirs controversy
Published April 12, 2016 
FoxNews.com

A New Mexico firefighter is under investigation after a photographer posted a photo of the man’s wife breast-feeding their son while wearing his uniform, the unidentified Las Cruces, New Mexico man is under investigation.

According to KFOX-TV, the man could face disciplinary action up to unpaid leave, a source close to the investigation told the news channel.

The photo, by El Paso-based photographer Tara Ruby— who was on active duty in the U.S. Air Force from 1997 to 2001— was originally posted on her Facebook page in late February, and by early March she heard murmurs that officials were upset with the portrait.

“In the last couple of weeks,” Ruby told WKYC, “we realized that this is something they were seriously upset about to the point where they were trying to discipline him — and we don’t understand why.”

The Las Cruces Fire Department declined to discuss the investigation, telling KFOX14 that it was a personnel matter.

In September, Ruby’s photograph of 10 active duty soldiers breast-feeding their babies while wearing boots and camouflage went viral.

A Las Cruces city spokesman told WKYC that the fire department’s policy on uniforms doesn’t address whether spouses are allowed to wear a uniform or whether a firefighter or spouse was photographed in uniform for a non-commissioned portrait.

“Depending on the specifics of a situation, it may or may not be a violation of (city) policy,” Udell Vigil told WKYC.

Ruby believes the firefighter should not be punished.

“My question back to the Las Cruces Fire Department would be: What’s the difference between a son walking around with a fireman’s uniform on at an event?” Ruby told WKYC. “If the firetrucks come out, they let the kids try on the uniforms. They put the uniforms on, walk around and people take pictures of them.”

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/04/12/new-mexico-firefighter-under-investigation-after-photo-wife-breast-feeding-in-uniform-stirs-controversy.html

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
People have so much time on their hands, they need to look for shit to be offended by.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
People have so much time on their hands, they need to look for shit to be offended by.

Tell me about it.  The search for new victims occurs daily.