Author Topic: Who are the people and why did they decide to "translate" names of countries?  (Read 2421 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
i don't understand you americans obsession with russia ,

I can capture some cross eyed commy rat russians for you out of the dumpster so you can suck their dicks, how about that?

it's just another country that thinks breaking your bones, making you bleed and making you suffer makes you a better soldier. what a waste. Equipment they use  is from the early 80's and rusty. They can't do anything really. All that machoism and all that heart rate rising crap they do is so ridiculous, who cares.

spinnis

Well, in Spain we call Spain EspaÑa, do you know Ñ letter?.
In addition we don't call Germany or Deutschland, it's Alemania. Sweden is Suecia, Japan Japón...
I think is just a matter of languages.

yes you just proved my point...

I think how peole in spain says spain should be the way to say "spain" EspaÑa then.. not spain

I mean japan is 日本 (?) with japense letter but translates to Nihon or nippon.. so thats a fair translation it seems like. but why "japan"?

And how did they translate it?

I mean lets say "cat" its easy to tranlsate because a cat is something... but a name of a country?

theonlyone

i don't understand you americans obsession with russia ,

I can capture some cross eyed commy rat russians for you out of the dumpster so you can suck their dicks, how about that?

it's just another country that thinks breaking your bones, making you bleed and making you suffer makes you a better soldier. what a waste. Equipment they use  is from the early 80's and rusty. They can't do anything really. All that machoism and all that heart rate rising crap they do is so ridiculous, who cares.

Excellent! That's the exact arguments Americans use for not fighting with Russia.

spinnis

lol I have allways wondered what made  "suomi" translated "finland", mind bogling. what is the masonic symbolism in that translation

the more you think about it the more strange it gets..

The first people that named emotion is also mind bogling lol.

"What Im feeling now is "Fear" and what is that? well, the thing that im feeling now.. But I dont feel it? fuck you its FEAR, when you're about to die!! "so thats fear?" yes!! But its the same word for when youre about to die as when your sister says Boo!! ? Yes!

Or emotions that cannot be described "love" etc..

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
yes you just proved my point...

I think how peole in spain says spain should be the way to say "spain" EspaÑa then.. not spain

I mean japan is 日本 (?) with japense letter but translates to Nihon or nippon.. so thats a fair translation it seems like. but why "japan"?

And how did they translate it?

I mean lets say "cat" its easy to tranlsate because a cat is something... but a name of a country?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country_name_etymologies

::)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
the more you think about it the more strange it gets..

The first people that named emotion is also mind bogling lol.

"What Im feeling now is "Fear" and what is that? well, the thing that im feeling now.. But I dont feel it? fuck you its FEAR, when you're about to die!! "so thats fear?" yes!! But its the same word for when youre about to die as when your sister says Boo trying to  prove yourself to getbiggers!! ? Yes!

Or emotions that cannot be described "love" etc..

I fixed that one truly important part... but yeah, you're right. Maby all these words comes from the first languages that existed in the evil times before man... because all the words have double meaning, triple meaning, we allways talk ourselves in the bag, if you think about it :D, epic demonising.