Author Topic: is getting a pump really related to stimulating hypertrophy?  (Read 41327 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: is getting a pump really related to stimulating hypertrophy?
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2013, 04:42:55 AM »
i used to train calves like 3 or 4 days a week n got nothing out of it, then i switched to the regular routine of just hitting them once every 5th day and went fairly heavy n they started growing. i remember when i was younger these guys at the gym told me to train calves everyday ???
R

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2013, 04:49:46 AM »
i used to train calves like 3 or 4 days a week n got nothing out of it, then i switched to the regular routine of just hitting them once every 5th day and went fairly heavy n they started growing. i remember when i was younger these guys at the gym told me to train calves everyday ???

that's interesting as there does seem to be an optimal frequency for training each bodypart

i think that training each bodypart just once a week is under-training and that twice a week or more precisely once every 4 or 5 days is optimum

lyle mcdonald says to hit each muscle once every 3-5 days and AJ said not less then once every 4 days in his earlier writings

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2013, 02:46:36 PM »
remember my legacy

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #278 on: May 12, 2013, 04:30:56 PM »
why not 5 sets of 8-12 to failure?

each set to failure

so taking less weight every set or every few sets

?
^^
I TRIED that for three months- NEVER again without a proper Steroid cycle!!
Holy crap I was in PAIN every day- could barely put on my seat-belt in my car because my Triceps were just throbbing!!
Just forget it without PED's and LOTS of Protein + extra Glutamine, lots of Calcium/Magnesium and digestive enzymes...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #279 on: May 12, 2013, 04:38:33 PM »
^^
Holy crap I was in PAIN every day- could barely put on my seat-belt in my car because my Triceps were just throbbing!!
Just forget it without PED's and LOTS of Protein + extra Glutamine, lots of Calcium/Magnesium and digestive enzymes...

you did 5 sets til failure for each exercise that you trained ??? ??? ???

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: May 12, 2013, 04:42:08 PM »
^^

there must be something wrong with me... everytime i read stories like this they seem utterly absurd, but they are SO common!  there was never a point in my life where i could ever get this kind of soreness, no matter what i did.  maybe there is some exaggeration ???

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #281 on: May 12, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »
all you retards in here whining about what 'optimal training frequency' is the best, what rep range to use and all the other shit listen closely and learn something.

in the past 40 years since the golden era of bbing, with all the advances in nutrition, drugs/ dosing, and training methodology gyms should be FULL of guys that look like arnold, serge nubret, franco, dave draper etc etc right?

but there arent. you dont see guys like that everywhere. look in the mirror, as close as your going to get to looking like lee labrada or bob paris is... NEVER. in fact theres even more pencil necks roaming around gym floors (and in this thread) than ever before.

it comes down to GENETICS- response to drugs, response to stimulus, your bodies ability to utilise macronutrients. all the fucking 'optimal training frequencies' haha oh brother will never help you if you don t have genetcis. so keep looking for the magic key kids cause there isnt one.

if your a pencil neck now, thats all your ever going to be.

sorry about your luck.

carry on.
b

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #282 on: May 12, 2013, 04:59:01 PM »

all you retards in here whining about what training system is the best, what rep range to use and all the other shit listen closely and learn something.

in the past 40 years since the golden era of bbing, with all the advances in nutrition, drugs/ dosing, and training methodology gyms should be FULL of guys that look like arnold, serge nubret, franco, dave draper etc etc right?

no. they arent. in fact theres even more pencil necks roaming around gym floors (and in this thread) than ever before.

it comes down to GENETICS- response to drugs, response to stimulus, your bodies ability to utilise macronutrients. all the fucking training theory will never help you if you don t have it. so keep looking for the magic key kids cause there isnt one.

carry on.
Exactly.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #283 on: May 12, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
all you retards in here whining about what 'optimal training frequency' is the best, what rep range to use and all the other shit listen closely and learn something.

but there arent. you dont see guys like that everywhere. look in the mirror, as close as your going to get to looking like lee labrada or bob paris is... NEVER. in fact theres even more pencil necks roaming around gym floors (and in this thread) than ever before.

it comes down to GENETICS- response to drugs, response to stimulus, your bodies ability to utilise macronutrients. all the fucking 'optimal training frequencies' haha oh brother will never help you if you don t have genetcis. so keep looking for the magic key kids cause there isnt one.

sorry about your luck.

carry on.
Excellent post, this is gold^^^

Welcome back no one, where have you been?  8)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #284 on: May 12, 2013, 05:06:41 PM »

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: May 12, 2013, 05:10:47 PM »
Excellent post, this is gold^^^

Welcome back no one, where have you been?  8)

hey dude!

honestly i went offline totally for about 6 months or so. didnt even creep here. but GB will always be home- no matter how far you go you always come back.

b

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #286 on: May 12, 2013, 05:16:53 PM »
hey dude!

honestly i went offline totally for about 6 months or so. didnt even creep here. but GB will always be home- no matter how far you go you always come back.

Ya I know what you mean, sometimes you need the layoff, good to have you back bro.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: May 12, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
Ya I know what you mean, sometimes you need the layoff, good to have you back bro.

cheers. :)
b

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: May 12, 2013, 05:41:39 PM »
getting a pump is extremely important if hypertrophy is your main objective!!

you must train with moderate weights and focus on the mind to muscle connection!!

forget the powerlifting.......focus on feeling the muscle work and contract.......don't listen to negativity either......keep things positive.

eat, sleep and then you will grow.......keep things simple and don't over think things.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2013, 01:28:35 AM »
getting a pump is extremely important if hypertrophy is your main objective!!

you must train with moderate weights and focus on the mind to muscle connection!!

forget the powerlifting.......focus on feeling the muscle work and contract.......don't listen to negativity either......keep things positive.

eat, sleep and then you will grow.......keep things simple and don't over think things.
yes..i agree. I have always thought this George. If just using heavy weights was all that was needed..we would all be big. Moderate is better for me too. I do not train with huge weights. Agree with the pump...gorge the muscles with blood...you can feel and see the pump so it is not a myth...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2013, 01:38:20 AM »
yesterday evening i did some chest and back at home. Parallel bar dips and undergrip sternum chins(supersets) Barbell rows with push ups using push up bars.... the last exercises were DB shrugs and flys(flat) the last 2 were not supersetted... my shoulders are solid today because of the dips.. i really got such a pump. my arms back and chest...shoulders ..the whole upper body. I always liked this split...
chest+back
legs
shoulders+arms

i find at the moment i have not much time to train every Day. I think until the mad rush to train for summer beach bodies is over then i will stick to this.  After a full Day training people i just want to go home and get peace. If i try to train at work, i´m always being asked things..I do not mind but i need to train too!!

Marine

« Reply #291 on: May 13, 2013, 05:52:56 AM »
HIT training is garbage.  Do that as a Natural and you will get ZERO progress.

epic truth

marine approved

mentzer LOOked thicked as fuck but was a retard trying t osound logical

hit = the worst for natties

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2013, 08:28:59 AM »

sorry about your luck.

carry on.

If you had to design a year long steroid regiment, how would it look like?

Marine

« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2013, 09:08:12 AM »
that's interesting as there does seem to be an optimal frequency for training each bodypart

i think that training each bodypart just once a week is under-training and that twice a week or more precisely once every 4 or 5 days is optimum

lyle mcdonald says to hit each muscle once every 3-5 days and AJ said not less then once every 4 days in his earlier writings

yeah because lyle mc donald knows it all

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2013, 09:13:19 AM »
there must be something wrong with me... everytime i read stories like this they seem utterly absurd, but they are SO common!  there was never a point in my life where i could ever get this kind of soreness, no matter what i did.  maybe there is some exaggeration ???
Same here.  I can get sore but not to the level where I am incapable of doing anything.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »
I think I get the most out of Heavy Weight Drop Sets.  Start with a Very Heavy Weight and just do drop sets from it, dropping it like 4-6 times and then repeating it for 4-6 rotations.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2013, 09:26:59 AM »

If you had to design a year long steroid regiment, how would it look like?

depends on a lot of factors. my goals and your goals might be different- my goals have changed. i want a more athletic look now. i looked like a typical bber last year. this year i want to still hold some good respectable size without looking to ogre-ish. so my compounds of choice have changed and so have my dosages- quite dramatically. you might want that look, so you'll run much heavier doses and the compounds that will help you achieve a certain look.

i'll just tell you what i used to do. first i'd say gh all year long is a must. 4iu ed is all i think anyone really needs to build a really good physique. it'll lean you out nicely and fill you out nicely. i used to use the same 4-5 compounds all year long and just moderate the dose or go off them entirely or cycle them in with eachother. sustanon/prop/tren/anavar/npp as those worked best for me. i really liked npp but found it was really hard on my hairline. so id run tren ace all spring summer late fall and replace it with npp towards the end of the year. same with prop- run that and replace it with a longer ester in the fall. var all summer and stop it in the fall. as for the dosages i was always playing with them to find a sweet spot. but i'll tell you i dont think you'll be disappointed with 700mg prop, 700mg tren ace/wk 40mg var ed and 4iu oh gh a day. dont try this if you dont have a lot of history with this stuff. a good lighter one would go 300mg prop, 300mg tren ace/wk w the 40mg var ed and the gh- i'd have no problem recommending the guy who trains hard and has only done a handful of runs this cycle. your only at 600mg a week injectable and 40mg a day oral and var is pretty forgiving. id play around with eq, mastron and winny but those other compounds i listed i really liked so i'l stick with them for the most part.

so thats it. for me it was finding what compounds my body reacts best to, and using them to get the look i wanted depending on the time of year.

cheers.
b

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #297 on: May 13, 2013, 09:31:11 AM »
depends on a lot of factors. my goals and your goals might be different- my goals have changed. i want a more athletic look now. i looked like a typical bber last year. this year i want to still hold some good respectable size without looking to ogre-ish. so my compounds of choice have changed and so have my dosages- quite dramatically. you might want that look, so you'll run much heavier doses and the compounds that will help you achieve a certain look.

i'll just tell you what i used to do. first i'd say gh all year long is a must. 4iu ed is all i think anyone really needs to build a really good physique. it'll lean you out nicely and fill you out nicely. i used to use the same 4-5 compounds all year long and just moderate the dose or go off them entirely or cycle them in with eachother. sustanon/prop/tren/anavar/npp as those worked best for me. i really liked npp but found it was really hard on my hairline. so id run tren ace all spring summer late fall and replace it with npp towards the end of the year. same with prop- run that and replace it with a longer ester in the fall. var all summer and stop it in the fall. as for the dosages i was always playing with them to find a sweet spot. but i'll tell you i dont think you'll be disappointed with 700mg prop, 700mg tren ace/wk 40mg var ed and 4iu oh gh a day. dont try this if you dont have a lot of history with this stuff. a good lighter one would go 300mg prop, 300mg tren ace/wk w the 40mg var ed and the gh- i'd have no problem recommending the guy who trains hard and has only done a handful of runs this cycle. your only at 600mg a week injectable and 40mg a day oral and var is pretty forgiving. id play around with eq, mastron and winny but those other compounds i listed i really liked so i'l stick with them for the most part.

so thats it. for me it was finding what compounds my body reacts best to, and using them to get the look i wanted depending on the time of year.

cheers.
your build certainly shows this....works ..

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #298 on: May 13, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »

cheers.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, my goal is similar to yours.

Good to know even at your heaviest you weren't taking too much drugs.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #299 on: May 13, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
you did 5 sets til failure for each exercise that you trained ??? ??? ???
^^
5 sets, DIFFERENT exercises though:  For example, Chest would go Flyes, Dumb-bell Bench Press, Hammer Strength Incline, Hammer Strength Decline, Gironda Dips (weighted).