Author Topic: Suckmymuscle's Top 12 MMA Fighters Ever.  (Read 16337 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Suckmymuscle's Top 12 MMA Fighters Ever.
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 08:05:33 AM »
Randy to me represents what a fighter is, and carries himself well - his record doesn't matter, just a man with a great fighting attitude!
V

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »
Sucky,

Where would you rank Rickson Gracie. You hear a hell of a lot about him, but the dude never fought in the UFC / Pride that I know of. I thought everybody said he was the best, but I don't see how they can make that claim. Peace bro and excellent list.

Nico

Rickson is the biggest fraud in MMA history. He never fought an opponent ranked in the top 20, or even the top 100 and repeatedly ducked fighters like Bas Rutten, Mark Coleman, Mark Kerr and Sakuraba when called out making every excuse in the book not to fight them. Rickson still claims to be able to beat guy like W. Silva, Lesner and Carwin when his biggest win in MMA history was defeating Takada who had a record of 2 wins and 6 losses. Rickson Gracie is a fraud and has done nothing to be revered in MMA.
shotgun on the team

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 08:50:42 AM »
Randy to me represents what a fighter is, and carries himself well - his record doesn't matter, just a man with a great fighting attitude!

Anyone who has a record of 500 or better fighting the guys Randy fought is impressive. Mark Coleman also only fought the best and I think Hendo has faced the best competition of anyone.
shotgun on the team

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 08:52:44 AM »
Couture, not a chance in hell is he amongst the best ever - his record speaks for itself. Dont buy into the fact he has won multiple titles, he'd have been killed by Fedor in their proposed fight and beating Tim Sylvia shows how weak the division was. If GSP isnt on this list and BJ isnt on either, then Hughes shouldnt even be considered. Hell he won the title after being choked unconscious  ;D

When you consistently fight top 5 opponents you get some losses. 

I'm sure even someone like yourself good have a winning record if you fought senior citizens. Would that be more impressive than going 15-10 against tough comp?
shotgun on the team

suckmymuscle

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 09:02:11 AM »

Rickson is the biggest fraud in MMA history. He never fought an opponent ranked in the top 20, or even the top 100 and repeatedly ducked fighters like Bas Rutten, Mark Coleman, Mark Kerr and Sakuraba when called out making every excuse in the book not to fight them. Rickson still claims to be able to beat guy like W. Silva, Lesner and Carwin when his biggest win in MMA history was defeating Takada who had a record of 2 wins and 6 losses. Rickson Gracie is a fraud and has done nothing to be revered in MMA.

Finest BJJ grappler ever, though. Even Carlson Gracie in his prime could not make Rickson tap. Werdum said he is a "nothing" compared to Rickson in BJJ.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 09:09:27 AM »
How many KOs does GSP have on his record? How many submissions? How many TKO wins?

GSP has finished 60% of his fights one way or the other. Hope this helps.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »
GSP has finished 60% of his fights one way or the other. Hope this helps.

Ok, how long has it been since GSP finished anyone, idiot?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »
 Finest BJJ grappler ever, though. Even Carlson Gracie in his prime could not make Rickson tap. Werdum said he is a "nothing" compared to Rickson in BJJ.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I do not doubt his BJJ excellence but I get annoyed by people who talk about his MMA greatness when his best win was over Takada and a fighter with 1 eye whom had fought 2 previous fights and put up a hell of a fight against Rickson.
Anyways, props for including Igor. In my sherdog Signature I mention how he is the most underrated fighter in MMA history and unfortunately most people have never heard of him.
shotgun on the team

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 09:18:45 AM »

Hey idiot, that was only one of the questions you asked. Now you're cherry picking your questions 'cause you just realized your questions were in fact moronic.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »
Hey idiot, that was only one of the questions you asked. Now you're cherry picking your questions 'cause you just realized your questions were in fact moronic.

Actual he pointed out how flawed your argument was, tool.
shotgun on the team

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 09:22:23 AM »
Actual he pointed out how flawed your argument was, tool.

Good, lord - another idiot. He asked:

"How many KOs does GSP have on his record? How many submissions? How many TKO wins?"

And I gave him the number. A very simple concept to understand, unless you're stupid.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 09:28:18 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GSP finished his opponent 5 fights ago last time - it's true. But has won every single one of them, no losses whatsoever.

Let's see how some other fighters on top of the list have done in their last fights.

- Fedor's last 5 fights: 3 losses in a row, 2 wins agaist 2nd and 3rd tier fighters
- Shogun's last 5 fights: 3 losses, 2 wins
- Shamrock's last 5 fights: 3 losses, 2 wins

Oh yeah, GSP's recent performance is really terrible  ::)

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
GSP finished his opponent 5 fights ago last time - it's true. But has won every single one of them, no losses whatsoever.

Let's see how some other fighters on top of the list have done in their last fights.

- Fedor's last 5 fights: 3 losses in a row, 2 wins agaist 2nd and 3rd tier fighters

Oh yeah, GSP's recent performance is really terrible  ::)

Monson is hardly a second tier fighter.
shotgun on the team

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »
Monson is hardly a second tier fighter.

That's of course a matter of opinion, but in my opinion he's faced a top 10 opponent twice in the last couple of years and lost both fights (Fedor and Cormier). His latest victories are against Alexey Oleinik, Paul Taylor, Maro Perak, Tony Lopez, Lee Mein etc. Hardly 1st tier names.

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:08 AM »
Another crap topic by this clown.  Not related to bodybuilding.  ::)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »

Oh yeah, GSP's recent performance is really terrible

Your critique is idiotic because my list reflects body of work and not the last few fight. Fedor, Shogun and Shamrock all have a lot more finishes in their careers than GSP, and they fought tougher competition to boot. The WW division is the second worst in the UFC, so there is nothing special winning there.

GSP does not deserve to be on my list because of the caliber of fighters he defeated and above all, the way he did it. Yeah, we should celebrate GSP as the greatest fighter in the World because he was able to grind out decisions against the likes of "great" fighters such as...Jake Shields and Dan Hardy. Weeeeeehooooooooooooo!!!!!!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »
Another crap topic by this clown.  Not related to bodybuilding.

Yeah, like you post a lot on bodybuilding. Want to have a bodybuilding knowledge showdown with me, bitch boy? Hint: you won't win.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »
 Your critique is idiotic because my list reflects body of work and not the last few fight. Fedor, Shogun and Shamrock all have a lot more finishes in their careers than GSP, and they fought tougher competition to boot. The WW division is the second worst in the UFC, so there is nothing special winning there.

I simply responded to your questions with cold hard facts. Numbers don't lie. You can stop crying now. Plus GSPs career is not over yet, he's on top of his game unlike Fedor who's fighting pretty much nobodies these days.

By the way, I'm not saying Fedor doesn't deserve to be there. I think he's the best mixed martial artist ever. But saying that GSPs performance has been poor lately is 100% untrue. Perhaps not as exciting as it should, but if you use that as a criteria, Clay Guida would make any TOP 10 list in the world.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 10:36:11 AM »
I simply responded to your questions with cold hard facts. Numbers don't lie. You can stop crying now. Plus GSPs career is not over yet, he's on top of his game unlike Fedor who's fighting pretty much nobodies these days.

By the way, I'm not saying Fedor doesn't deserve to be there. I think he's the best mixed martial artist ever. But saying that GSPs performance has been poor lately is 100% untrue. Perhaps not as exciting as it should, but if you use that as a criteria, Clay Guida would make any TOP 10 list in the world.

You are a moron who simply glossed over everything I wrote. Numbers don't lie? No shit, but my point is that grinding out decisions against sub-par opponents is not impressive.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
No shit, but my point is that grinding out decisions against sub-par opponents is not impressive.

Maybe not impressive in someone's opinion, but they're wins. And I pointed out 3 fighters who had 2-3 record in their last 5 fights. Immensely worse than 5-0 record.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »
That's of course a matter of opinion, but in my opinion he's faced a top 10 opponent twice in the last couple of years and lost both fights (Fedor and Cormier). His latest victories are against Alexey Oleinik, Paul Taylor, Maro Perak, Tony Lopez, Lee Mein etc. Hardly 1st tier names.

He is a multiple ADCC champ and in his last fights went 8-2 losing only to Cormier and Fedor and beating Kharatonov. He went the distance with both and looked better than anyone else against Cormier. Hardly a second tier fighter IMO.
shotgun on the team

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »
What about Sam "Hands of Stone" Stout?  Why isn't he on the list?!

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
When you consistently fight top 5 opponents you get some losses. 

I'm sure even someone like yourself good have a winning record if you fought senior citizens. Would that be more impressive than going 15-10 against tough comp?

Pedro Rizzo fought the best of his era on a consistent basis and hes nowhere near this list. Its not all about the record, i admire the guy and his achievements are comparable to anything in fighting not just MMA, but i dont see how he can be classed amongst the best of all time.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 01:22:34 PM »
And I don't see Keith Hackney anywhere on your list. 

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 02:40:25 PM »
Pedro Rizzo fought the best of his era on a consistent basis and hes nowhere near this list. Its not all about the record, i admire the guy and his achievements are comparable to anything in fighting not just MMA, but i dont see how he can be classed amongst the best of all time.

And how many titles has Rizzo won? LOL you see how flawed your logic is? Randy won when it counted and was a champion in 2 different weight divisions multiple times. Rizzo always lost at the big dance and thus is no where near the list.
shotgun on the team