Author Topic: The Infamous Nigerian Championships Where Vic Richards " earned " his Pro Card  (Read 22782 times)

keanu

• Getbig IV
He never got a pro card.  That's why he didn't compete.  The IFBB never accepted his win at the Nigerian Championships as a pro qualifier

I remember reading that the IFBB pushed Vic through to the pro ranks via his national qualifier. Vic was training for the Night of Champions and quit with 6 weeks left? The legs were huge but the upper body started dissapearing as he got closer to the show. Vic as another Paul Dillet / Gary Strydom. The back dissapeared as he started cutting up. 

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
I remember reading that the IFBB pushed Vic through to the pro ranks via his national qualifier. Vic was training for the Night of Champions and quit with 6 weeks left? The legs were huge but the upper body started dissapearing as he got closer to the show. Vic as another Paul Dillet / Gary Strydom. The back dissapeared as he started cutting up. 

Which means he didn't have a lot of actual muscle on his back. His back probably looked big during the offseason due to bodyfat and fluid retention

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
All eight pounds (pre-cooked weight) of rice daily.
He said he loved rice. Could it be because that rice was carbs and kept him full, so when he had to cut, bye-bye fullness?

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
If you've seen the video from the front from that FIBO Dorian smokes him, ok maybe similar size but Dorian is 10 times harder and a bit bigger. Dieting is a bitch you lose a lot of size (in a shirt anyway, look bigger underneath).

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
If you've seen the video from the front from that FIBO Dorian smokes him, ok maybe similar size but Dorian is 10 times harder and a bit bigger. Dieting is a bitch you lose a lot of size (in a shirt anyway, look bigger underneath).
Here a guy breaks it down, with still shots of Dorian v. Victor.

Also as an aside, in one vid, Vic says that bodybuilders should not be cutting each other down, but lifting each other up. Yet, he has put Ronnie Coleman down.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
To say someone is an uncrowned Mr. O. if you have never stepped on a pro stage, let alone an Olympia stage is absurd. Victor Martinez is an uncrowned Mr. O. not Victor Richards.

AusBB

• Getbig II
Amazing Hebrew genetics on display!

Honestly, even though he took the shortcut, it seems to me that he had a pro-caliber physique there.

He's not in contest shape. Not even close. Never was.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
I remember when he "confronted" Dorian at that FIBO guest posing thing. Kept hitting most musculars and his arms kept getting tangled with Doz. It was pretty cringy looking back at it.

Fortress

• Getbig V
He does look like a crocodile. Anyway ...

I met the guy when he guest posed and did a seminar in Toronto in the very late ‘80s. Huge.