Author Topic: Arnold's budget solution: End welfare  (Read 3622 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Arnold's budget solution: End welfare
« on: May 16, 2010, 12:44:48 AM »
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Friday unveiled plans to plug California's budget deficit by slashing billions of dollars worth of funding for services designed to help the state's poor.

Schwarzenegger's budget proposals would see spending cuts of 12.4 billion dollars and include the elimination of California's welfare-to-work program and virtually all child care for low income families.

"California no longer has low-hanging fruits," Schwarzenegger said in Sacramento. "We have to take the ladder away from the tree and shake the whole tree. We must make very difficult decisions."

Schwarzenegger said his spending cuts would eliminate 60 percent of funding for community mental health. Low income families would also lose access to state-subsidized day care for children, the governor added.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Arnold's budget solution: End welfare
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 01:20:13 AM »
It's the Unions that run and own Cali. The salary and pensions those government workers get is one of the main reasons that State is bankrupt. Sometimes I think they should break up the State. It just seems ungovernable.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 05:57:20 AM »
shit i might move to california if this goes through

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 06:04:20 AM »
The savages are going to riot over this.  They should deport the illegals and put the welfare bums to work on the farms. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 08:27:26 AM »
The savages are going to riot over this.  They should deport the illegals and put the welfare bums to work on the farms. 

You're right...white women will be rioting as they make up 88 percent of americas welfare rolls. I hope someone puts webcams up all over California so it can be seen when this white female rioting breaks out....should be a good show.
C

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 08:32:14 AM »
You're right...white women will be rioting as they make up 88 percent of americas welfare rolls. I hope someone puts webcams up all over California so it can be seen when this white female rioting breaks out....should be a good show.

Care to back up that stat with some proof?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 08:45:45 AM »

She's lying through her teeth, as per usual.  :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 08:56:27 AM »
I feel for the people that legitimately might need some of these programs. as usual the mentally ill are the first to get kicked in the teeth when these types of cuts happen.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 09:15:04 AM »

Sampson is your typical sand nig who  hates American whites so much that he hates America alongside...

cause to him..America represents  whites

seen his kind in pakistan....will go off hours at end about white people un provoked..ad naseum
carpe` vaginum!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 09:24:37 AM »
If they’d overhauled the wellfare system (or simply kept it in check) a long time ago, they wouldn’t have to completely eradicate it now.
Too many people are too entrenched in the system by now.
From their standpoint, CA will be taking away THEIR RIGHTS TO BE “GIVEN” OTHER PEOPLE’S MONEY.

It's the Unions that run and own Cali. The salary and pensions those government workers get is one of the main reasons that State is bankrupt.

The people who get screwed the hardest are the private sector folks who bust their asses for substantially less pay, and have to pay outrageous taxes to fund the frivolous salaries & pensions of many govt./public service workers AND support the countless people who abuse the wellfare system.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 10:10:24 AM »
Yup.  At a miinimum these people should have to work 30 hours a week to get benes.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 11:10:30 AM »
There's little doubt whites benefit more from welfare than minorities, overall. I'd just like the stat to be defended with some actual, real numbers because 88% seems pretty high.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 11:11:03 AM »
I saw a big fat lady and her poor little daughter buying a cart full of groceries the other day, took them a half hour to get all the paper work sorted out, and what she could, and couldn't buy.  On my way out after buying my stuff, I see this big fat lady with a zip lock bag of quarters playing the "claw machine"...

WTF
S

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 01:27:21 PM »
The idea of taking money from one group of people and giving it to another because a third party has unilaterally determined that they need it more that you do does not sit well with me. If I rob you at gun point but tell you that I'm giving the money I just took from you to a homeless person would that make you feel any better?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »
Yup.  At a minimum these people should have to work thirty hours a week for anything.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 03:43:40 PM »
drug/alcohol test them too.

if you accept the free govt money, your ass shuldn't be getting drunk.  If you disagree, no free $ for you.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 05:09:41 PM »

if you accept the free govt money, your ass shuldn't be getting drunk.  If you disagree, no free $ for you.

I've always said this.
Although, we'd probably be the ones to fund that, too.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 05:44:50 PM »

Careful...if that is the case then the next time your house is on fire that publicly supported fireman and police man will run drug tests on you and your family before they put out the fire. You see you don't want to wasted tax payer money putting out the fire of a person who is a drug addict or is drunk. Also should your libraries be closed as well as shelters, food banks, senior centers, beaches, parks and  public schools system since they too are taxpayer funded???
C

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »
Also should your libraries be closed as well as shelters, food banks, senior centers, beaches, parks and  public schools system since they too are taxpayer funded???

None of those represent subsidized laziness and leeching.  Shut the hell up, moron.

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Friday unveiled plans to plug California's budget deficit by slashing billions of dollars worth of funding for services designed to help the state's poor.

Schwarzenegger's budget proposals would see spending cuts of 12.4 billion dollars and include the elimination of California's welfare-to-work program and virtually all child care for low income families.

"California no longer has low-hanging fruits," Schwarzenegger said in Sacramento. "We have to take the ladder away from the tree and shake the whole tree. We must make very difficult decisions."

Schwarzenegger said his spending cuts would eliminate 60 percent of funding for community mental health. Low income families would also lose access to state-subsidized day care for children, the governor added.

Good.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 07:50:51 PM »
Careful...if that is the case then the next time your house is on fire that publicly supported fireman and police man will run drug tests on you and your family before they put out the fire. You see you don't want to wasted tax payer money putting out the fire of a person who is a drug addict or is drunk. Also should your libraries be closed as well as shelters, food banks, senior centers, beaches, parks and  public schools system since they too are taxpayer funded???

So long as they’re buying the booze & dope with money they worked for and earned, I couldn’t care less what they do with their free time.
My problem lyes with all the bums who DON’T work, collect money from MY PAYCHECK, and stay home getting high & popping out kids for additional SSI checks every month.
If I have to piss in a cup just to be able to work for my money, then they should have to be clean to receive a cut of it for free.
How is that anything but fair?

Not sure where you’re going with the schools & parks argument.
That’s a rather non-sequitur jump from giving handouts to people who simply refuse to work.

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 09:55:53 PM »
Nonsense, here are government statistics on welfare usage by race.  Please do a little research before you embarrass yourself with fake stats/Quotes etc. etc.  Nearly all blacks and hispanics of adult age are on some sort of welfare.

"Population of US approx. 305 million

Whites approx. 221 million 25 million on welfare rolls 11.3%
 Blacks approx. 41 million 15 million on welfare rolls 36.5%
 Hispanic approx 43 million 14 million on welfare rolls 31.6%"

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 01:41:12 AM »

So long as they’re buying the booze & dope with money they worked for and earned, I couldn’t care less what they do with their free time.
My problem lyes with all the bums who DON’T work, collect money from MY PAYCHECK, and stay home getting high & popping out kids for additional SSI checks every month.
If I have to piss in a cup just to be able to work for my money, then they should have to be clean to receive a cut of it for free.
How is that anything but fair?

Not sure where you’re going with the schools & parks argument.
That’s a rather non-sequitur jump from giving handouts to people who simply refuse to work.

I disagree with all drug testing, but you are right: nobody should be having a good time on my money. Subsistence: yes. Sufficient calories and nutrients: yes. Free party: never.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »
Nonsense, here are government statistics on welfare usage by race.  Please do a little research before you embarrass yourself with fake stats/Quotes etc. etc.  Nearly all blacks and hispanics of adult age are on some sort of welfare.

"Population of US approx. 305 million

Whites approx. 221 million 25 million on welfare rolls 11.3%
 Blacks approx. 41 million 15 million on welfare rolls 36.5%
 Hispanic approx 43 million 14 million on welfare rolls 31.6%"

The raw numbers you posted disagree. 221 is more than 84, right?!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 02:58:30 PM »
The raw numbers you posted disagree. 221 is more than 84, right?!
221 million is the total white population 25 million of those 221 are on welfare which is 11.3% of all whites

blacks make up 41 million of the total US population with 15 million of those on welfare which is 36.5% of blacks in the US on welfare...

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »
221 million is the total white population 25 million of those 221 are on welfare which is 11.3% of all whites

blacks make up 41 million of the total US population with 15 million of those on welfare which is 36.5% of blacks in the US on welfare...

So more whites are on welfare, no?!