Author Topic: Great Picture  (Read 2770 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Great Picture
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »
Melania seems genuinely happy ...maybe because her cheating spouse is not around

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Great Picture
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 12:06:00 PM »
When your political party is becoming more and more irrelevant and cartoonish by the day, you make threads like this.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »
When your political party is becoming more and more irrelevant and cartoonish by the day, you make threads like this.

what problem do you have with this thread

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 12:16:08 PM »

WOW!...and the Republican party is NOT irrelevant and cartoonish???????????????????????????????????????????????????

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 12:23:08 PM »
WOW!...and the Republican party is NOT irrelevant and cartoonish???????????????????????????????????????????????????

You need to get your head out from under Miss Hillary's piss stained moo-moo.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 12:24:08 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »

what again is your problem with a "thread like this"?

It's a great picture of 4 POTUS's and 4 First Ladies all smiling and happy

What possible problem could you have with that ?

Don't be shy

You're the one that has an issue with it so go ahead and tell us what your issue is

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »
what again is your problem with a "thread like this"?

It's a great picture of 4 POTUS's and 4 First Ladies all smiling and happy

What possible problem could you have with that ?

Don't be shy

You're the one that has an issue with it so go ahead and tell us what your issue is

If you are going to quote my post then at least have the decency to add the content.

What an epic LOSER that guy was.

Destroyed your political party.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 12:58:31 PM »
If you are going to quote my post then at least have the decency to add the content.

wonder if the Republicans will suffer under trump..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 01:01:37 PM »

why should I do that when you don't even have the decency, the honesty or the balls to explain the problem you have with a "thread like this"

3rd time now I've asked you to simply explain your issue with this thread?

Is it possible that you have no problem with it at all but just feel a compelling need to whine like a bitch (just like the POTUS)

If that's not it and you have a genuine issue then what is it?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 01:30:04 PM »
wonder if the Republicans will suffer under trump..

My sentiment is they will gain 5 to 8 seats in the Senate and slightly hold onto the House.

Obama's first midterm was akin to Custer sauntering into Little Big Horn.

A complete massacre.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »
My sentiment is they will gain 5 to 8 seats in the Senate and slightly hold onto the House.

Obama's first midterm was akin to Custer sauntering into Little Big Horn.

A complete massacre.

I hope so but think they will lose seats - Pennsylvania will turn Blue
K

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 04:31:22 PM »
The Dems have no platform, with the DNC lawsuit that opens them up for discovery, the Comey book fail tour with the big dummy implicating himself even with CNN interviewing him, the DNC "wave" just got flushed down the toilet. They have nothing. Not even any money.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 05:38:00 PM »
I didn't realize how tall Michelle was. Isn't Barack over 6' tall?  Anyways, glad they all were able to suck it up and pose for a great picture together.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »
I didn't realize how tall Michelle was. Isn't Barack over 6' tall?  Anyways, glad they all were able to suck it up and pose for a great picture together.

It really is a great picture. Sad that George HW is in intensive care today.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 06:05:21 PM »
It really is a great picture. Sad that George HW is in intensive care today.

agree

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »
Melania seems genuinely happy ...maybe because her cheating spouse is not around

Maybe she realizes she's the star of the picture ;)

Threads like this suck. It's like an Anderson cooper hit piece, all fluff, no substance.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 06:30:45 PM »
I didn't realize how tall Michelle was. Isn't Barack over 6' tall?  Anyways, glad they all were able to suck it up and pose for a great picture together.

If she's wearing 3" heels, she's likely shorter than 6'. Supposedly, she's 5'11".

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »

Only GW Bush looks solemn in this picture. GHW is too old so I can't tell if his expression reflects his feelings. All the others smile like it's some festive social gathering.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »

Only GW Bush looks solemn in this picture. GHW is too old so I can't tell if his expression reflects his feelings. All the others smile like it's some festive social gathering.

Perhaps it is a somewhat festive occasion. Sometimes, when a person has been ill for a longtime, their blessing is that they are free of all the illness and suffering. My wife wanted me to throw a party when she died. I didn't. I regret that when it came down to it, I caved and went with tradition for the sake her family and friends. Like Barbara Bush, my wife made a decision to stop all medical assistance keeping her alive and extending her pain and suffering. When my time comes, I hope and will be as brave as she was.

It could also be because of tradition that everyone in this photo is smiling. It's what we are expected to do when having our photo taken.  Can you imagine a group of people drawn together for a photograph, weeping and mournful appearing. It would be absolutely weird.

To my way of thinking, photographs after services or at memorials are totally inappropriate. Folks are already conflicted enough and shouldn't have to put their emotions on display.

On a much lighter note, Hilary is a shrimp as compared to the rest of the group. Maybe she wore flats.  :)

Just an observation, but Trump's being absent seems specially off to me. All these folks are accustomed to the fervor involved when protective services are required. In my opinion Trump using this as reason to not attend is garbage and definitely in very poor form, although hardly a surprise, considering.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 07:38:37 PM »

From fivethirtyeight

“The Democratic Party is at its lowest point in my lifetime,” said Mark Longabaugh, a senior strategist on Bernie Sanders’s campaign. “I don’t know how you walk away from that fact.”

But the Democrats’ diminished power can’t be pinned entirely — or even mostly — on Obama. The number of congressional seats lost during his tenure is high but in line with what other two-term presidents have experienced. Where the party has ceded an extraordinary degree of its power is in state legislatures and governor’s mansions. If the blame for Democrats’ ebbing power fell squarely at Obama’s feet, the party’s losses in federal offices would likely be much more acute, matching the dramatic changes at the state level.

It matters, too, how the Democrats’ losses during Obama’s tenure are counted. Most analyses compare the number of seats Democrats held after the 2008 elections to those they held after 2016. But Obama’s 2008 election saw a surge of down-ballot Democratic wins, which makes the slide look that much more precipitous. If you compare the number of Democratic seats held after the 2006 midterms, prior to Obama’s election, with the number held after 2016, when he was off the ticket — as the Atlantic’s Ronald Brownstein has suggested — the loss of state-level seats is closer to the norm."

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 07:40:23 PM »
This thread has been officially derailed. What a pity.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 07:40:24 PM »
Perhaps it is a somewhat festive occasion. Sometimes, when a person has been ill for a longtime, their blessing is that they are free of all the illness and suffering. My wife wanted me to throw a party when she died. I didn't. I regret that when it came down to it, I caved and went with tradition for the sake her family and friends. Like Barbara Bush, my wife made a decision to stop all medical assistance keeping her alive and extending her pain and suffering. When my time comes, I hope and will be as brave as she was.

It could also be because of tradition that everyone in this photo is smiling. It's what we are expected to do when having our photo taken.  Can you imagine a group of people drawn together for a photograph, weeping and mournful appearing. It would be absolutely weird.

To my way of thinking, photographs after services or at memorials are totally inappropriate. Folks are already conflicted enough and shouldn't have to put their emotions on display.

On a much lighter note, Hilary is a shrimp as compared to the rest of the group. Maybe she wore flats.  :)

Just an observation, but Trump's being absent seems specially off to me. All these folks are accustomed to the fervor involved when protective services are required. In my opinion Trump using this as reason to not attend is garbage and definitely in very poor form, although hardly a surprise, considering.

Sorry about your wife. Can't imagine

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 08:45:47 PM »

It looks like Michelle is wearing high heals

I don't think any of them have to "suck it up" at all.   They all probably get along just fine, probably more than fine. 

and I agree with you that it is a great picture

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 06:31:45 AM »

Nope. You would have said the same thing about him going when the spotlight would have been on him and his relationship with the Bushs. Good and respectful move by Trump to avoid any of that. Garbage opinion but hardly a surprise.