Author Topic: How Arnold really brought up his calves?  (Read 17757 times)

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: How Arnold really brought up his calves?
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2020, 03:02:36 PM »
If Arnold were young today he probably would have found something else to excel in besides bodybuilding that would get him to Hollywood.

white straight male, hollywood wants nothing to do with

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »
  some of you just still keep comparing arnold of the 1970s to todays guys. smh.  thats not the issue. the issue is would arnold still be the greatest bodybuilder ever IF he was competing today at age 26 .  the answer is yes. would he look like he did in 1970s  NO. he would develop for todays standards, so yes he would be unbeatable . what dont people understand. its not how would arnold of yesteryear do against guys today its IF arnold was 26 and competing in modern times would he beat everyone and the answer is yes.     so please stop saying 1970s arnold. yes we know guys nowdays are 50 lbs heavier and 5 inches shorter with a 50 inch stomach. would arnold also have that huge gut?  maybe because judges are not looking for what they were in his day. so he would do whatever he needed to do to get the win.
Please use capital letters after punctuation. I get a headache... Or atleast break a row every once in a while.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2020, 03:33:40 PM »
thank you titus for the info. and to matt my apologies on some of the things i said.

Psh, think nothing of it, my brother.  You're old school and Getbig is lucky to have you, bro.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2020, 04:41:57 PM »
In an old Arnold classic video Arnold commented saying that to bring up weak calves do 25 sets per day

Just something I noticed  :D

Calves do respond very well to a combination of heavy weight and volume. Look at fat people's calves.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2020, 02:55:32 AM »
white straight male, hollywood wants nothing to do with
He can do gay.  Aren't there rumors of Arnold and Uncle Joe?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2020, 06:30:45 AM »
He can do gay.  Aren't there rumors of Arnold and Uncle Joe?

Tom Minichiello in the Jun 1992 edition of Spy Magazine mentioned that Arnold was connected to Paco Arce, and Arce had pictures of him that Arnold posed for privately - (https://books.google.com/books?id=K4N6CoFaMwQC&pg=PA8&dq=Tom+Minichiello+arnold+gay+spy&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjRyLPK7Z3tAhWrQzABHWtjAXEQ6AEwAHoECAAQAg#v=onepage&q=Tom%20Minichiello%20arnold%20gay%20spy&f=false) .

Arce was a millionaire from Spain that was flamingly gay. He'd take briefcases of money around to all the big contests, and try and get bodybuilders to hang out. One of the photos he had of Arnold supposedly has him lounging around in his underwear reading Playgirl magazine -  https://books.google.com/books?id=Xa7j5ofHW0EC&pg=PA63&dq=Paco+Arce+bodybuilding&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwioyIqa753tAhWeRzABHUENAj8Q6AEwAXoECAIQAg#v=onepage&q=Paco%20Arce%20bodybuilding&f=false .

Paco is the guy in the red trunks seen in this famous schmoe shot -

Tom Minichiello was the owner of the famous Mid City Gym in NY, and friendly with lots of 70's - 90's bodybuilders. He'd later write a thinly veiled tell all book called "Bodybuilders, Drugs and Sex" that has a gay sex scene in it that was supposedly based on one he saw Arnold and George Bulter (Pumping Iron) in years ago.

Bob Bonham (of the famous Strong and Shapely gym) mentions it here too - http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=306303.0 .

Minichiello's book came and went, rumor was that he got told it was a bad idea ;).

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2020, 06:42:56 AM »
Here's the start of that Spy article -

https://books.google.com/books?id=Xa7j5ofHW0EC&pg=PA60#v=onepage&q&f=false .

I read it years ago, and it's still a good read given all the Arnold talk lately.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2020, 10:28:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure Arnold would do absolutely anything to succeed.  Stab people in the back, G4P, marry a Kennedy, yada yada yada.