Author Topic: Papa's John Pizza Exposed  (Read 33915 times)

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
Re: Papa's John Pizza Exposed
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 11:20:10 AM »
now I want to jack his car just because he is a dick.
time under tension

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »
God forbid he actually absorbs the cost and makes a fraction less money than he does now, and all of his workers have health coverage.

That's why I hate fucking  republicans, they would kill their mother rather than actually LOSE money,no matter how insignificant the sum... it's the ONLY thing that matters, foreign policy, domestic policy, religion, the environment...they could give a flying fuck....Just don't touch my fucking money.

i think you have nailed the problem with american society. actually, its human nature but when its within a framework that facilitates it, its a problem.

most countries have it set aside in taxes. take 14c an hour less but sure up your health coverage..hmmm..tough decision..

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »
Am I the only person who doesn't think that 14 cents a pizza is a huge deal?

Not to mention this the SAME guy WHO LIVES IN A CASTLE!!!!!!

Not a shitty LITTLE MANSION!!! A MOTHERFUCKING CASTLE!!!!

Fucker has a batcave and a moat!

14 cents is a huge deal and can psychologically affect people from ordering.

If he normally sells a Pizza for $10.99, people think, oh 10 bucks, they forget about the .99 as being a buck, but add 14 cents and it's $11.13. people will be like, 11 bucks????? fuck that, dominos has it for 10 bucks, plus 13 is bad luck, I ain't getting no bad luck trots from eating that.

nevertrustanyone

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »
Am I the only person who doesn't think that 14 cents a pizza is a huge deal?

Not to mention this the SAME guy WHO LIVES IN A CASTLE!!!!!!

Not a shitty LITTLE MANSION!!! A MOTHERFUCKING CASTLE!!!!

Fucker has a batcave and a moat!

gh15 revealed !

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 11:23:02 AM »
God forbid he actually absorbs the cost and makes a fraction less money than he does now, and all of his workers have health coverage.

That's why I hate fucking  republicans, they would kill their mother rather than actually LOSE money,no matter how insignificant the sum... it's the ONLY thing that matters, foreign policy, domestic policy, religion, the environment...they could give a flying fuck....Just don't touch my fucking money.

It's not god forbidding him but the franchise owners and stock holders.  You think if the profits drop that the stock doesn't drop and the cost of a franchise doesn't drop???  Do you know that the Cowboys owner Jerry Jones owns about 100 franchises of Papa Johns in texas

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 11:26:32 AM »
Papa Johns, Dominos, Pizza Hut, Little Ceasers Blow!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »
The solution sure does sound simple.

If it is indeed that simple, why doesn't Papa John simply increase the price slightly, get healthcare, and reap the positive whirlwind of publicity and goodwill?

Surely his current position is not a good business move (if the article is accurate).

Does anyone suspect there might be more to this story?
I think there is much more to this story than we are led to believe.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »
It's not god forbidding him but the franchise owners and stock holders.  You think if the profits drop that the stock doesn't drop and the cost of a franchise doesn't drop???  Do you know that the Cowboys owner Jerry Jones owns about 100 franchises of Papa Johns in texas
Agreed. Much more than what were told. Not to mention he's competing with Dominoes and Pizza Hut, who all have deals within the same price range. If he raises prices it may lead to a sharp decline in customers going for their "cheaper" competitors.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »
Papa Johns, Dominos, Pizza Hut, Little Ceasers Blow!

depends....

stay up until 1 am, have some drinks, fuck a girl, smoke a big joint then order pizza from anyone of them and it tastes like nirvana

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 11:29:02 AM »
I see we have some real business geniuses in this thread. Keeps costs down by volume, takes a portion of the profits to expand and create more jobs for people who need them. The bastard  ::)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »

14 cents is a huge deal and can psychologically affect people from ordering.

If he normally sells a Pizza for $10.99, people think, oh 10 bucks, they forget about the .99 as being a buck, but add 14 cents and it's $11.13. people will be like, 11 bucks????? fuck that, dominos has it for 10 bucks, plus 13 is bad luck, I ain't getting no bad luck trots from eating that.

you cant be that dumb can ya?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »
you cant be that dumb can ya?

You realize that he has a point, right? Thats why they sell it for 10.99 and not 11.00. Its a mental thing for consumers.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 11:34:15 AM »
You realize that he has a point, right? Thats why they sell it for 10.99 and not 11.00. Its a mental thing for consumers.

Truly it's not going to be some huge thing.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a point, but people aren't going to go ordering from Dominos instead of Papa Johns over 14 cents man... Sorry... It's just not gonna happen.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 11:35:03 AM »
Truly it's not going to be some huge thing.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a point, but people aren't going to go ordering from Dominos instead of Papa Johns over 14 cents man... Sorry... It's just not gonna happen.
Not for us, but I know people that do that kind of dumb shit all the time.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 11:35:49 AM »
I see we have some real business geniuses in this thread. Keeps costs down by volume, takes a portion of the profits to expand and create more jobs for people who need them. The bastard  ::)

yeah, and its ironic you are one of them.

lets explore it- supposing it has any cred at all.

14c from a 10.99 pizza. thats 1%. (ignoring the giveaways for now).

and 1% of a few million dollars?...the guy wouldnt even notice it. However having secure healthcare is a big deal for the non millionaires.

extrend it the other way..papa john gets really sick and loses his millions in medical fees..but survives.. now what?..if he'd put that 14c aside then he'd still have his millions (less 1%) AND survive.

this really is a dumb debate. the risk v benefit is obvious.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:03 AM »
Not for us, but I know people that do that kind of dumb shit all the time.

He's not the upscale consumer that the Papa needs anyway.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »
Agreed. Much more than what were told. Not to mention he's competing with Dominoes and Pizza Hut, who all have deals within the same price range. If he raises prices it may lead to a sharp decline in customers going for their "cheaper" competitors.

I'm sure Domino's and Pizza hut are in the same boat with their employees, just they aren't stupid enough to whine about it publicly like this asshole

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »
I'm sure Domino's and Pizza hut are in the same boat with their employees, just they aren't stupid enough to whine about it publicly like this asshole
You're probably right on that one. But, I cannot imagine he would come out and say this for no reason. As someone else said, he may be pressured by the shareholders or something.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
He's not the upscale consumer that the Papa needs anyway.

Lolz. Touche' sir.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »

Creating jobs isn't his driving force, making money is....if he could automate his entire operation he would do it in a second.

nevertrustanyone

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »
Domino's takes care of its employees  8)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 12:03:50 PM »
Creating jobs isn't his driving force, making money is....if he could automate his entire operation he would do it in a second.

It goes hand In hand. What's wrong.with profit?If your company wasn't making a profit you wouldn't have a job. Don't sit there and tell me you wouldn't trade places with him because of his wealth....that he built!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 12:07:57 PM »
It goes hand In hand. What's wrong.with profit?If your company wasn't making a profit you wouldn't have a job. Don't sit there and tell me you wouldn't trade places with him because of his wealth....that he built!

he's a scumbag. And under this economic system, there's nothing wrong with making profit.  But AS HUMANS when profit is put over the wellbeing of a human being or their family, it makes you a piece of shit as a human whether or not it's against the law.

There are many things that are lawful but frowned upon.  This is just one more of those.  It's the reason we're in the situation we are.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »

no one said he shouldn't make a profit.  but heaven forbid he make's .5 % LESS of a profit and insures his workers without passing the buck to consumers.  He will only have 18 luxury automobiles instead of 19..poor bastard

He's a greedy fuck

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »
he's a scumbag. And under this economic system, there's nothing wrong with making profit.  But AS HUMANS when profit is put over the wellbeing of a human being or their family, it makes you a piece of shit as a human whether or not it's against the law.

There are many things that are lawful but frowned upon.  This is just one more of those.  It's the reason we're in the situation we are.

This