Author Topic: RIP Derek Anthony - 12-08-13  (Read 201267 times)

booty

• Getbig V
Re: RIP Derek Anthony
« Reply #200 on: December 10, 2013, 12:43:02 AM »
I did.

He was the same in real life as he was on the internet.
He was different offline.  It was an internet larger than life personality.  He typed in caps and ranted and was an internet tough guy.  In real life he was down to earth and very loyal to family and friends.  The issue was that he cared too much what people thought and he was a worry wart.  Really took things too much to heart and reacted without thinking at times. 

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2013, 12:43:58 AM »
For once can we stay on a Positive note here? We all know that DA had an online personality...he wasn't that way in real life. Plus, lets have some decorum and class on this thread. Lets give this negativity a rest for a few...

STAY POSITIVE!

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2013, 12:51:49 AM »
Ummm......

I knew him in real life. He WAS the same as his internet persona. He was a good businessman though...he knew exactly how to act when he was representing a supplement company....down to earth, humble and friendly. Which is how many on here "know" him.

All of a sudden people like Palumbo are coming out saying that he was "misunderstood" and "had a big heart" and that his only real issue was caring about what other people thought.......

But if he was truly a great person why did Palumbo dump him on his ass at his lowest?

I understand when people pass we want to think the best and only remember the good things.

I can genuinely say I hope he is at a happy place now. My heart also goes out to the few that genuinely loved him like his immediate family. There is no one in the bodybuilding community that genuinely gave a fuck. He was entertainment for people. 

You won't see me bullshitting like Palumbo and friends about what a great guy he was and how he was "misunderstood". Dude dies and all of a sudden everyone's his biggest fan.  ::)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2013, 12:52:11 AM »
For once can we stay on a Positive note here? We all know that DA had an online personality...he wasn't that way in real life. Plus, lets have some decorum and class on this thread. Lets give this negativity a rest for a few...

STAY POSITIVE!
Positive like HIV.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2013, 01:07:35 AM »
Les Supernor is in tears. Very sad.

STAY POSITIVE!!!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2013, 01:24:52 AM »
Sad to hear this.

RIP Derek

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2013, 01:25:13 AM »
Only 32, PIP.

Tbombz take note, this could be a thread about you soon if you don't turn the ship around.
P

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2013, 01:57:23 AM »
May he RIP

Thoughts to his parents

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2013, 01:59:06 AM »
R.I.P DA

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2013, 02:34:39 AM »
Huh... I guess injecting stuff into the kidney dialysis machine isn't a smart idea.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2013, 02:35:39 AM »
leys hope some young body builders

look at Derek and put the needle down

synthol is dangerous
T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2013, 02:43:28 AM »
leys hope some young body builders
Getbiggers
look at Derek and put the needle down

synthol is dangerous
Fixed.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2013, 02:45:18 AM »
DA was at the top of everyone's 2014 Dead Pool list.  Little did we know, he wasn't going to make it that far.  Pretty crazy.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2013, 03:15:14 AM »
Ummm......

I knew him in real life. He WAS the same as his internet persona. He was a good businessman though...he knew exactly how to act when he was representing a supplement company....down to earth, humble and friendly. Which is how many on here "know" him.

All of a sudden people like Palumbo are coming out saying that he was "misunderstood" and "had a big heart" and that his only real issue was caring about what other people thought.......

But if he was truly a great person why did Palumbo dump him on his ass at his lowest?

I understand when people pass we want to think the best and only remember the good things.

I can genuinely say I hope he is at a happy place now. My heart also goes out to the few that genuinely loved him like his immediate family. There is no one in the bodybuilding community that genuinely gave a fuck. He was entertainment for people. 

You won't see me bullshitting like Palumbo and friends about what a great guy he was and how he was "misunderstood". Dude dies and all of a sudden everyone's his biggest fan.  ::)

Everyone becomes an angel in death. Waiting to hear what Romano and Ron Harris have to say. Pretty sure Goodrum won't cut him any slack.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #214 on: December 10, 2013, 04:01:13 AM »
where's that hebrew witch vince?
T

JackScribber

• Getbig III
Re: Derek Anthony has died (not a joke)
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2013, 04:09:08 AM »
You're a fucking moron, hope this helps, boarder jumper.

Bwhahaha

I wonder if a short box of turds like yourself sound like a Smurf in real life. This thread is for Derek, not a place to cruise and PM for hard cock you fucking hobbit. Now bugger off back to political discussion and make everyone laugh once more with you utter stupidity.

RIP Derek. Gone too soon.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2013, 04:24:43 AM »
the OPEC has lost one of its best customers  :'(

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2013, 04:29:15 AM »
Everyone becomes an angel in death. Waiting to hear what Romano and Ron Harris have to say. Pretty sure Goodrum won't cut him any slack.

Or squadfather.
O

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2013, 04:33:06 AM »
Truly sad...

P.I.P.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2013, 04:54:40 AM »
DA was an ignorant prick in real time and on the internet.  just read via rick collins Facebook page, condolences to DA's Facebook family.  thank-you DA for being a good sport about being bald and wearing a toupee all these years.  xo, Spotter and BDB

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2013, 05:08:34 AM »
Thanks for some of the funniest threads on GB Derek. RIP.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2013, 05:15:35 AM »
RIP D.A.!

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2013, 05:19:34 AM »
Bostin Lloyd is right on track.
Nothing against Derek, but how dumb are these people to know something is affecting your liver and other organs, yet are too gutless to train naturally?
It's not as if they're a top pro and making 300k a year from their habit.
Even when Ariel Palumbo mentioned her hair falling out from too much masteron? or something she had taken...doesn't this tell you, maybe change your priorities in life.
Most bbers are about ego.  As long as they get attention from being bigger than the next guy, it's worth it to get big...no matter how it's done.  These are small minded folk with low confidence.  You should have more to offer in life than "I'm huge right?".
Lifting can be great and is a challenging task, juiced or not...natural more so for sure...but what a shallow life to place your entire being into "I'm big right?"...and not even on your own.
Let this be a lesson to many out there, though it won't at all.
N

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2013, 05:21:10 AM »
Met him at the MD booth at the Arnold Expo about 5yrs ago or so.....he didn't know I was a getbigger....hahahaah... .but the dude was nice....he was taking pictures with lots of people......we all know DA's past, but whether you feel sorry for him or not, I'm sure there is a mother, uncle, sister outthere mourning this lost....with all fun aside, Condolences to them

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #224 on: December 10, 2013, 05:22:12 AM »