Author Topic: RIP Derek Anthony - 12-08-13  (Read 201281 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Anyone Want To Say Some Kind Words About DA?
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »
He took a lot of shit from this board.  But I do think overall he was a good guy in person.  Just mentally stunted a bit and couldn't handle people giving him shit behind a computer where he couldn't hit them.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
Derek was fearless and spoke his mind and for that I respected and even liked the guy. He was funny the way he was so vulgar. A real character. I sent him a message about being on his show and he replied that he never heard of me and what could I bring to his show. That was sobering. He was a bodybuilder to the end and perhaps was reckless and took risks beyond what most do. The motivation was the same. Bodybuilders never feel they are big enough.

dustin

Re: Derek Anthony has died (not a joke)
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2013, 08:53:11 PM »
I wanna hear more about what ether has to say.

How do you think all this started? And what were the biggest contributing factors? What can we do to minimize our risks?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
  Is Derek dead?  :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2013, 08:54:37 PM »
really cmon dude,thats your cutler is 6th in the world speech..

nah, I'm serious about this.  he was 32... that's young.  I thought he'd have a scare, cut the oil, look 'normal' again, and spend another 20 years on dialysis, etc.  At 32, the body can heal & recover.  

My only guess, and its only a guess, is that the oil ended up being too much of a detriment to overcome.  While the body can heal, and dialysis can help keep him moving... the body processing the injected oil probably just didn't have the resources to recover.

yeah, I really thought he'd be fine.  But I thought he'd cut back the oil too.  IMO, oil use is scarier than everything - diuretics included.  Just inject it and "wait" for the body to process it.

it's sad...  Derek was some of the hottest shit on the forums in the early years. Notorious and with an energy most people can't imagine.  For a few years, his physique was one of the best in the amateur ranks.  He'll be remembered.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2013, 08:55:20 PM »
He died for us bitches.  Hopefully someone somewhere will come across this guys story and will think twice before taking a similar path.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2013, 08:59:56 PM »

finally
at peace

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2013, 09:01:39 PM »
rip  :(

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »
Lets keep this short and positive people. I'll start:

DA was a bodybuilders bodybuilder. He trained smart, had a great physique and offered help/mentoring to whom ever needed it. He tried his best helping Vince Goodrum. But some people refuse help. It would have been dramatic if Vince went under DA's tutoledge and one can only dream and wonder how Vince could have turned out. Now, the chance is gone along with a wonderful person who promoted the wonderful sport of bodybuilding.

RIP-DA

Be Strong!

Be Alert!

Stay Positive!

Fallsview
nice for you
to return when
Alex23 goes
into time out

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
X2. Say what you want about the guy, he has a family and those individuals are suffering right now. It's hard to see someone die like this, especially when it was preventable.
R.I.P Derek and prayers to his family

I will NEVER make fun of someone who dies and this is one of the reasons why. I am sad to hear about a 32 year old passing away.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2013, 09:03:04 PM »

finally
at peace
interesting wording.

i think he had those thougts on the mind at times too,wishing to be dead
n

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »
from his old thread.

the wannabe megadosers pay attention:

I WAS VERY LEAN WITH A GREAT BODY BEFORE STEROIDS STEROIDS GOT ME A LOT OF PROBLEMS AS WELL WOULD HAVE PROB BEEN BETTER WITHOUT IM MAKING MORE OF A NAME FOR MYSELF STAY IN SHAPE YEAR ROUND THEN WHEN I WAS A JUICED OUT ROD HEAD. I LOST GIRLS JOBS WENT TO JAIL CAUSE OF JUICE. DO THE MATHI TAPERED DOWN I LOOKED HEALTHIER AND GOT MORE WORK MADE MORE FRIENDS GIRLS LIKED ME BETTER ILL STICK WITH THIS LOOK NOT TO MENTION IM HEALTHY AND LIVE A HELL OF A LOT LONGER. I TRIED THE ABUSE OF JUICE AND IT ABUSED MY LIFE !

I BELIEVE  IN HEALTH PROPER DIET PERFECT TRAINING MINIMAL JUICE AND SUPPLEMENTATION. AND THAT WILL ACHIEVE A LONGER HEALTHIER WAY OF LIVING. IM 27 I AM NOT 22 23 ANYMORE IM NOT EMORTAL. AND LOOK I STILL MAKE A LOT OF $$ OFF MY BODY ETC. AND I DONT HAVE TO COMPETE AND ABUSE STEROIDS.

quite ironic.

keywords tapered down.

this guy is a moron with or without steroids.

I use plenty, probably more than 3x what most people use here and I'm far from a 'roid head'.

the guy has a personality defect that he blamed on steroids.

take the personality defect, add steroids, now you have the typical "roid rage" stereotype... now with the steroids, he still has the personality defect, so he adds GHB, coke, meth, ect... now he's a guy with a personality defect who has a brain ruined by stimulants.

he was a junkie who just happened to use steroids.. and later blamed his problems on steroids.

if he'd never picked up a syringe filled with testosterone, he would've died huffing gas or something.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2013, 09:09:53 PM »
Sad, but not surprising, news. On a sidebar, remind me not to cross Goodrum.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2013, 09:15:34 PM »
On another note two guys who post on getbig got into a war with vince goodrum and they both died i wonder if he does any of that new orleans voodoo shit. ???

Vissy witch doctor of peace

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2013, 09:16:17 PM »
nah, I'm serious about this.  he was 32... that's young.  I thought he'd have a scare, cut the oil, look 'normal' again, and spend another 20 years on dialysis, etc.  At 32, the body can heal & recover.  

My only guess, and its only a guess, is that the oil ended up being too much of a detriment to overcome.  While the body can heal, and dialysis can help keep him moving... the body processing the injected oil probably just didn't have the resources to recover.

yeah, I really thought he'd be fine.  But I thought he'd cut back the oil too.  IMO, oil use is scarier than everything - diuretics included.  Just inject it and "wait" for the body to process it.

it's sad...  Derek was some of the hottest shit on the forums in the early years. Notorious and with an energy most people can't imagine.  For a few years, his physique was one of the best in the amateur ranks.  He'll be remembered.

I wished the same for him.

But I believe the life expectancy for a dialysis patient is 5 years. You cant live off of it forever.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2013, 09:16:45 PM »
RIP Derek...You lived fast and died young...They write songs about that sort of shit...

PIP

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2013, 09:17:51 PM »
 I feel bad. Yes, he did it to himself but we got to watch his demise in slow motion on here. I was never nice to the guy but his online persona was deliberately obnoxious.

I wouldn't just blame bbing drugs though. There were plenty of rumors of rec drug abuse - those horrible scabs on his arms- and the liver disease talk was around for years. People were saying he had hep C way, way back and then he ends up with a liver tumor.
He took all manner of drugs and his organs gave out. The best thing people can take from his life is to use it as a cautionary tale.
O

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
I never really followed the whole Derek Anthony thing.  Can someone please tell me why he was so HATED.
V

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2013, 09:21:13 PM »
At the end of his life, though his Synthol abuse still appeared present, he spoke out against the lifestyle of drug abuse and encouraged kids to not follow his footsteps.

He came across to me  not as a terrible person, but just as a very, very scared young man.

RIP Derek

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2013, 09:21:20 PM »
when you're on chemo you know you're fucked
my friend's mother got cancer and just a month after chemo she passed away
other friend of mine's mother got breast cancer,diagnosed way earlier but already on stage 3,not on chemo,still alive and kicking

I think if you get cancer in the liver, you're better off going without the chemo and just call it wrap...Accept it and move on...

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2013, 09:22:20 PM »
He had good teeth.
O

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »
Vissy witch doctor of peace

Double, double toil and trouble;
Mess with Vince, and your kidneys will bubble....

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »
rip  :(

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2013, 09:25:54 PM »
^^^ this was funny  :D

Derek definitely made the top 10 bodybuilding news stories of 2013.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2013, 09:26:42 PM »
Kovacs and Derek within a couple weeks. Palumbo must be sweating bullets tonight...