Author Topic: Jobs  (Read 19722 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Jobs
« on: September 05, 2006, 11:46:29 AM »
Most of you guys obviously hit the gym regularly and hit up getbig but what do some of you guys do for a living?
bodybuildersreality.com

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 11:54:28 AM »

Sales by day...as far as a dayjob goes.

For side scratch its 'sales' again and I like to say I am somewhat of a wannabee 'guru' for a couple figure girlz getting ready for shows...I never have to dip into my paychecks...it's a beautiful thing.
?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:57:35 AM »
I'm a software architect (MS in Electrical engineering) for a big company and been working from my house for a year or so now. Makes my schedule very flexible for training. No office, no commute; 40ft from the fridge at all time. 
:o awesome. That sounds wicked!  I manage a gym, so im 5 ft from dumbells at all times.
bodybuildersreality.com

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 11:57:53 AM »
I was a production manager for a chocolate company @ $125,000. a year. My job was eliminated and I just took a job in the hospital morgue of $14.00 an hour to get some cash flowing.

If things don't pick up soon, I'll be doing a Minspin . . . sucking dick for my cycles.

The Beef

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 11:59:54 AM »
None of your fuckin business what the fuck are you tryin to do pawn off your ugly sister on one of us.

Just kiddin bro i wrk for nco american express business advisor
for money on the side, not that i need it i wait for payday and take danielsons lunch money ;D
p

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 12:00:01 PM »
I was a production manager for a chocolate company @ $125,000. a year. My job was eliminated and I just took a job in the hospital morgue of $14.00 an hour to get some cash flowing.

If things don't pick up soon, I'll be doing a Minspin . . . sucking dick for my cycles.

The Beef
wrong, Mindspin sucks cock purely for the enjoyment, no money involved.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 12:00:53 PM »
Sorry to hear it Hurricane. I'm sure you will find something.

I'm a small business owner. It's a retail/trade showroom of luxury plumbing, lighting and hardware.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 12:03:09 PM »
 :o you guys are all like big important dudes with major shit going on. I was expecting to hear some korean corner store clerk or something. thats cool.
bodybuildersreality.com

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 12:04:04 PM »

The Beef
Snap! What a cut in pay!!!! I always wanted to be a lighthouse keeper. I would post all night long.

Most BB's do that for their cycles anyway...I know plenty of BB's in Chicago...never even won their class or qualified for nationals...no day jobs...nothing. They live off and mooch off women...nickle/dime gear and gay 4 pay. Thats it.

I was talkin tot his one meathed and asked him if he was going to sign up and take the firemens exam for Chicago a little while back since he at least had a drivers liscence and HS diploma, which was the only requirements...he said he wasnt going to bother because...hahahahaha.... because if he passes and gets called to take the job in the Academy he hears with all the running and exercising they do...he could lose 40lbs and he aint having that.

God, I love this 'sport'!
?

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 12:07:14 PM »
Engineer.
Motherboy (the band).

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »
Lawyer  :)
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 12:12:47 PM »
The Beef

Hope things turn around for ya man.  
Mindspin is a good guy... he just has an Advil addiciton to maintain :)

I am a web designer who works from home.  It's scary being in business for yourself- you're at the mercy of others' abililty to buy.  If the economy tanks and people can't afford gas, they are gonna stop buying websites.  So I keep my degree and certifications ready, should the day arrive when I have to go back to network admin or teaching.  Especially with the terror BS in the USA, we're always on the edge of another recession or slump.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 12:15:47 PM »
Don't want to bash on 240 and I'm not stalking but how's business going buddy? How can you be productive posting every 20 mins from 7:30AM to late at night?

That board had a bad effect on my own productivity that's for sure.. becomes kinda obsessive.. wanna talk about it 240 ;) ?

LOL... dude, I've been here a lot less.  I'm just able to check it a few times an hour to stay sane.  You know what it's like concentrating on code... for me, it's stressful.  GB is a time to be amused and get a little mental contact.  My only co-workers are my two cats.

I work for way less than market value, so business is pretty steady.  I have secured some longer term contracts, which is nice, since I used to spend half my time "shaking trees" or looking for clients.  I prefer to sacrifice greater income for zero unused capacity.  I always have something to do.  And I'm online 14 hours a day easily.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 12:17:53 PM »
I'm a cook/restaurant worker and a part time student
X

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 12:20:13 PM »
Snap! What a cut in pay!!!! I always wanted to be a lighthouse keeper. I would post all night long.

Most BB's do that for their cycles anyway...I know plenty of BB's in Chicago...never even won their class or qualified for nationals...no day jobs...nothing. They live off and mooch off women...nickle/dime gear and gay 4 pay. Thats it.

I was talkin tot his one meathed and asked him if he was going to sign up and take the firemens exam for Chicago a little while back since he at least had a drivers liscence and HS diploma, which was the only requirements...he said he wasnt going to bother because...hahahahaha.... because if he passes and gets called to take the job in the Academy he hears with all the running and exercising they do...he could lose 40lbs and he aint having that.

Lots of people have that menality, its kinda scary! move as little as possible so you don't burn calories....I read somewhere that Greg Kovacs was like that....he just lay on the couch all day and not move not even to eat!
bodybuildersreality.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 12:20:50 PM »
Do you do any ASP .NET and relational DB (SQL Server preferably or Oracle 10g).. I might have something for you more than just regular "self promotion" web site.

Nope, but I would refer you to garraeth with my greatest recommendation!  There is no person on earth I'd go to besides him for DB and ASP work.

i'm focusing my skillset growth into marketing.  it's what I'm best at.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 12:28:07 PM »

I took the CFD test, it was a joke.  Too bad that I'm an educated young white male, I have no chance.  Only working 83 days a year sounds pretty nice though.

I also GM a gym.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 12:35:36 PM »
Client Services/Sales
Watching The Haters

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 12:40:24 PM »
Manager of an English Pub.

Lisa

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 12:42:20 PM »
Day Trader and Real Estate Investor

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 12:43:14 PM »
I manage the retail end of a Smoothie King.
I min/max my physique

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 12:43:46 PM »
I took the CFD test, it was a joke.  Too bad that I'm an educated young white male, I have no chance.  Only working 83 days a year sounds pretty nice though.

I also GM a gym.
I agree. The City of Chicago will have NO interest in hiring an educated...smart...sharp thinking strong able bodied white male who would serve the public well and perform to the best of his abilities...

They'd rather hire out of shape...mindless TOBEYS who can't hang their cell phones up or pull their pants up or put that one leg of their pants DOWN ebonic speaking tards...

This is true...I posted this before. At the firefighters exam for Chicago...the proctors told everyone over and over and over...'Turn off the cell phones...you cannot use your cell phones...turn them off blah blah blah'...sure enough in the middle of the test I hear 'hip hop ringtones' over and over. I look over my shoulder to see if it was Cormier sittin in the room...nope...some fkn 'G' all like...'ello...huh...naw dawg...I be up takin this test youknowwhatImsayin...huh ...word...tru dat...'

Over and over again...most ironic part? They will get hired before I would.
?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2006, 12:44:01 PM »
physical education teacher.

p/t personal trainer, contest prep

true adonis would u like to hire me?  

as long as you are taking your meds to control all those delusion episodes...i think we can get you on the right track.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 12:53:39 PM »
Most of you guys obviously hit the gym regularly and hit up getbig but what do some of you guys do for a living?

I'm a network admin for NIH/NLM. you could say that I spent 8 freaking hours a day in front of a dumb PC..lol
Get Big, or Die Trying

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 12:58:56 PM »
manager/crew chief whatever you call it for my old man's electric company.

it pays the bills, i can chainsmoke all day, and i don't have to wear a suit.

plus chicks and gay men dig it.
Deep Tissue Massage