Author Topic: Another diet that works.  (Read 8271 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: Another diet that works.
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 12:33:11 AM »
This diet is preposterous.

ukjeff

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 12:42:05 AM »
Explain why?

Try and stay away from "because it is", that response belongs to someone else.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 12:42:52 AM »
Explain why?
Sounds like a bunch of poppycock to me. 

ukjeff

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 12:43:55 AM »
lol, check my modification above your post.
At least you are original  :D

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 12:48:49 AM »
lol, check my modification above your post.
At least you are original  :D
Your methods are not extreme enough for me. Where are the whey isolate IV drips? The hard boiled egg suppositories? The recommended DNP/clen/t3 protocols?

Enough horsing around and tell us the secret to fat loss already.

ukjeff

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 12:59:55 AM »
 ;)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 01:27:11 AM »
Thats what I am thinking.  Can`t wait to get in that Speedo and celebrate with an Egg White Daiquiri of my choice.

Hahaha you're killing me Adam  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 03:06:00 AM »
- You may want to check the numbers....one pound of fat could contain anywhere between 2,843 and 3,752 calories.

- Funny thing with your calc....so, for a woman to lose 2lbs she has to have a 1,000 calorie deficit.  

- So, if I eat 1% protein, 1% carb, and 98% fat...I will look the same as 60% protein, 20% carb, and 20% fat?
Nice Krank, clearly this guy is an imbecile  :D

ukjeff

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 03:33:07 AM »
Nicely done krank, OTH couldnt do the maths himself or he would have chipped in.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 03:34:02 AM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 04:08:47 AM »
???

"as much as your body will allow you to"

Again Adam, record yourself eating 10,000 cal worth of eggs or just shut up already. Itd be one thing if you actually did it but you won't do shit.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 04:25:21 AM »
hahahahah ;D tito
tank u jesus

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 04:33:06 AM »
Actually eating less calories and expending more calories through lifting/cardio is a proven way to lose fat.  ;)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 04:34:25 AM »

Thats it guys, you can eat what you like it doesn't matter what ratio of protein/carbs/fat you want to eat.

Again, this is your claim.  With that, I can eat cheetos and doritos all day (never minding the orange hue my johnson will take) and I will look the same as I would if I ate steak and turkey for the same amount of calories?

Yes?  Come on.  Don't just say "that's correct".  Give me proof.

ukjeff

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 04:37:48 AM »
Again, this is your claim.  With that, I can eat cheetos and doritos all day (never minding the orange hue my johnson will take) and I will look the same as I would if I ate steak and turkey for the same amount of calories?

Yes?  Come on.  Don't just say "that's correct".  Give me proof.
Already answered
Nope, but you will lose fat at the same rate.
Thats why a balanced diet is important so you get the right nutritional value from varying food sources.

Calories are calories regardless of the source.
By the way what would you accept as proof?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 04:41:28 AM »
Nope, but you will lose fat at the same rate.
Thats why a balanced diet is important so you get the right nutritional value from varying food sources.

So, in one statement you say it doesnt matter the ratios, but now you come back and say you have to have a balanced diet.  What is a balanced diet?  The standard government one?  The standard Muscle and Fitness balanced?  The vegetarian balanced?  The mathmetical balanced/isocaloric?

You are contradicting yourself.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 04:43:44 AM »
Eat 500 calories a day less than your maintenance level this equates to 3500 cals a week and you will lose a pound of fat a week (a pound of fat =3500 cals)
If you want to lose 2lb its 1000 cals a day deficit, don't go any less (cals) than that or you will start sacrificing muscle.
Thats it guys, you can eat what you like it doesn't matter what ratio of protein/carbs/fat you want to eat.

What is moderate carbs to you?

Personally i feel fat loss is too slow unless i cut the carbs low, like around 100g per day.
Never tried keto though so can't comment on that.
tank u jesus

ukjeff

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 04:44:48 AM »
So, in one statement you say it doesnt matter the ratios, but now you come back and say you have to have a balanced diet.

How is that a contradiction?
To lose weight it doesnt matter what combination you chose as long as you restrict calories but its better to eat a balanced diet.
I didnt say you "had" to do anything.
A balanced diet is what works best for you, its your balance to achieve.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 04:52:18 AM »
How is that a contradiction?
To lose weight it doesnt matter what combination you chose as long as you restrict calories but its better to eat a balanced diet.
I didnt say you "had" to do anything.
A balanced diet is what works best for you, its your balance to achieve.

Ambiguous balance.  Interesting. By that comment you can not argue with OTH's advice of little to no carbs.  Its his balance of those compenents thats makes "his" way work best for him and many, many others.  You may stop arguing at this point.  

Can you agree with these things:

1) He is NOT saying its the best/only, just one of the easiest/fastest
2) He is not saying that carbs are evil, just not needed
3) He is not saying "your" method doesn't work, just his experience (and that of many others) that it takes longer
4) You do not like the low carb approach and thus is the reason for arguing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 06:05:38 AM »
Eat no more than 25 grams of carbs per meal and you can eat a lot of protein and fat and still lose fat.

Insulin is a powerful hormone.

Yup - that is what I have been doing since June and in down about 30lbs and feel great. 

Eat steak, burgers, eggs, cheese, salads, greens, protein shakes, some oats for breaksfast, maybe a hi protein taco without the bullshit, and the fat is just melting off. 

That and dumbbell circuit training has worked well too.

ukjeff

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 06:25:52 AM »
By that comment you can not argue with OTH's advice of little to no carbs.  Its his balance of those compenents thats makes "his" way work best for him and many, many others.  You may stop arguing at this point. 
And by the same argument my ideal will work for me and many,many others.
It does also validate the point in both cases that either my or OTHs personal combination of carbs/protein/fats diet wont be ideal for many,many others as well.

It isnt easier or faster just because its all protein, its just the same because its a reduction in calories.
Correct, but he has already admitted he knows nothing of the importance of carbs and their protein sparing qualities.
3) He is not saying "your" method doesn't work, just his experience (and that of many others) that it takes longer
Its because the initial weight loss when you drop carbs is water, I will say again and again its calorific intake that counts, not what you put in.
Correct, I don't like the low carb approach and no Im not arguing, he is, but Im not.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 06:32:55 AM »

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »
Ambiguous balance.  Interesting. By that comment you can not argue with OTH's advice of little to no carbs.  Its his balance of those compenents thats makes "his" way work best for him and many, many others.  You may stop arguing at this point.  

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooom  8)

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »
Eat 500 calories a day less than your maintenance level this equates to 3500 cals a week and you will lose a pound of fat a week (a pound of fat =3500 cals)
If you want to lose 2lb its 1000 cals a day deficit, don't go any less (cals) than that or you will start sacrificing muscle.

Why is exercise not even factored into your equation?  Exercise is a calorie burn, and certainly affects overall calories burned.  If a person is reducing their calories by 1000 as you suggest to burn 2lbs a week, and then burning another 2500 calories from exercise, are then saying the difference is also fat loss?  Because that isn't likely going to be the case.

ukjeff

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 12:10:01 PM »
Booooooooooooooooooooooo oooom

1. It isn't easier or faster just because its all protein, its just the same because its a reduction in calories.
2. Correct, but he has already admitted he knows nothing of the importance of carbs and their protein sparing qualities.
3. Its because the initial weight loss when you drop carbs is water, I will say again and again its calorific intake that counts, not what you put in.
4. Correct, I don't like the low carb approach and no Im not arguing, he is, but Im not.
Bangaboom  ::)