Author Topic: Lesnar Vs Overreem  (Read 13510 times)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
Re: Lesnar Vs Overreem
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 03:50:17 AM »
I believe Brock at one point in time had to resign an extention with WWE because he blew a shitload of money on a private jet and other travel luxuries.  He may be frugal now, at least the image he portrays is a frugal one, but 8mil isn't a whole lot of money if you're living a lavish lifestyle.

These days he seems to be living the polar opposite of a lavish lifestyle. Cannot compare it to when you're on the road 320 days a year with wwe.
Hes actually on a farm in canada working at the moment.

I honestly didn't think he would reaturn after everything thats happened. Combine almost dying twice With his wife having a new kid at the same time. I thought he would just want to stay at home and spend time with his family and go hunting etc.

I guess hes too competitive for that.

Might beat Overeem but Im not sure how he could beat Cain in the rematch..

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 04:06:26 AM »
Overeem was also offered the winner between jds /cain as a title fight right away. But that means he had to wait for a long time. And he didn't want to do that so thats how the Lesnar fight came about.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 04:26:07 AM »
Overeem was also offered the winner between jds /cain as a title fight right away. But that means he had to wait for a long time. And he didn't want to do that so thats how the Lesnar fight came about.

Yeah. I think Dana like the mock-ups of Overeem on the box-cover of the next UFC Undisputed

suckmymuscle

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 04:28:47 AM »
  Overroids is gona win. Lesnar could take him down, but I just don't think that he has the strength to control Overroids on the ground. Also, Overroids is very good at getting submissions from his back - watch ADCC. Most likely, I think Lesnar will take him to the corner of the cage and try to get him down. Overroids will clinch and wear Brock down with knees to the ribs. Or, Overroids might use his greater reach and superior technical striking to pound Lesnar from afar and finish him in the first round. Brock will crawl into the fetal position like he always does when he is getting beaten and loses by TKO. He won't get knocked out though: Brock always give up before getting KOd.

My prediction = Overroids wins by TKO in the first round or wins by decision.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Woldzilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 04:32:08 AM »
Overeem is the bookies favorite, but he has no ground game. It might only take one takedown to decide this, and Lesnar's takedowns and ground and pound are more effective than Werdum's. Ultimately, Lesnar will probably do whats good for the franchise, meaning he'll throw the fight and let the Reem face Velasquez/Dos Santos then come back for the Mir rematch.

I train with weights in the gym where overeem trains and being Dutch and mma fan I followed his career a bit and I can only say that he is an absolute monster. He just kills sparring partners which rotate all the time while he remains standing in the cage/ring.

1) No one should make random comments like many mainstream trolls and be taken seriously before you see www.thereem.com documentary only then do you understand the transformation in the fighter from overeem 1.0 Light heavywight to Ubereem 2.0 who is HW champion in K1, Strikeforce and Dream, and see the difference in fights from the 2006 and before vs 2008 and beyond

2) Overeems ground game is sick! He is originally a grappler before coming into mma, he only never needs it so it doesnt show in fights since his preference is standing up and finishing with KOs. His ground game and TDD is top.
In the gym he taps all bjj black he brings in, even ADC world champion Einemo confirmed  his in several interviews. Since Werdums game is ground only Reem nutralised this by TDD and cage control while landing some shots.

3) Brock has to get huge respect for the fights he been through in life on both personal and mma level. Nothing but respect for the guy who still is relatively inexperienced in mma but gets thrown to all former champions. Of course anyday brock hits someones chin, no matter who they will go down but to be honest I think this ight is very, very bad for Brock. Overeem TDD is solid, if anyone can take him down its Brock but then when they are down Reem is very good at blocking submissions, doing submissions himself and getting up. Of course he gets cardio issues like anybody else stopping TDs  the whole match like werdums, but Brock isnt gonna throw 100 TD attempts without gassing himself.

As soon as the bet comes on bwin I put the house on Reem since I expect him to have favourable odds to to brocks popularity.
My expectation is a really fast win for the Reem by hard KO in the first round by either punch combo standing or knee/guillotine while Brock shoots for the TD.

The fight most interesting to me would be reem vs cain, since I dont consider JDS standup game a threat for the K1 WGP champ. Cains allroundness and cardio are a threat for all HWs

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 04:50:34 AM »
I hope his camp realises how deadly Overeems knees are in the clinch are trains on that (especially knees to the Head) . Because thats how Cain caught him.

the rest of the year is STACKED when it comes to MMA fight cards / fights

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 04:54:54 AM »
Frank Mir supposedly had the best submissions game of any heavyweight ever; and Brock pounded Mir until he was KO'd.

We will see how good Overeem submissions are after a 270lb man punches him repeatedly in the face. Ask Frank Mir!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 04:58:40 AM »
Brocks health is failing cuz he can"t handle the gear, training etc. anymore....some guys burn out quicker than others

So if he comes in small and frail....he's a dead man, and I personally will enjoy watching him get beat to a pulp on Live PPV as Swede watches on, in abject horror

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 04:59:03 AM »
Frank Mir supposedly had the best submissions game of any heavyweight ever; and Brock pounded Mir until he was KO'd.

By now lesnars BJJ is good. Lesnar coach is Rodrigo Medeiros and they have been training hard for a few years now. Combine that with his strenght and wrestling and he can probably neutralizemost most peoples bjj's. black belt or not. Gracie brothers did a nice breakdown also how be used bjj to his advantage very good against mir.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 04:59:30 AM »

We will see how good Overeem submissions are after a 270lb man punches him repeatedly in the face. Ask Frank Mir!

he ain't gonna be 270  ;)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 05:01:01 AM »
he ain't gonna be 270  ;)

264 against Cain. Doubt he will be smaller then that. And ofc is a bit heaver then that in the ring. But not the 285 like he used to be.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 05:01:41 AM »
he ain't gonna be 270  ;)

he always cuts weight to weigh in at 264-265. Then is 270-275 in the ring.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 05:04:30 AM »
264 against Cain. Doubt he will be smaller then that. And ofc is a bit heaver then that in the ring. But not the 285 like he used to be.

How much does a foot of intestines weigh?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 05:04:42 AM »
264 against Cain. Doubt he will be smaller then that.

He won't be the same guy....his health is failing

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 05:07:24 AM »

Brock looked pretty big in the hunting promo video he was in 2 weeks ago.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2011, 05:07:45 AM »

after they removed a lot of the intestine he might be feeling better then before?

And I dont think hes been he same guy since the first 1-2 fights. After the first time he got sick. When you're used to pounding away meat every single day and now youre almost a fucking "vegan". That has to take some enrgy and powet away.

Deserves everyones respect for taking these fucking fights over and over though. Balls of steel. Get beaten Bad by a striker and now faces a on the paper even better striker, after getting sick again, after srugery, and on his first fight back. No one besides brock would take on overeem as the first fight back.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2011, 05:17:18 AM »
after they removed a lot of the intestine he might be feeling better then before?

And I dont think hes been he same guy since the first 1-2 fights. After the first time he got sick. When you're used to pounding away meat every single day and now youre almost a fucking "vegan". That has to take some enrgy and powet away.

Deserves everyones respect for taking these fucking fights over and over though. Balls of steel. Get beaten Bad by a striker and now faces a on the paper even better striker, after getting sick again, after srugery, and on his first fight back. No one besides brock would take on overeem as the first fight back.

Cain is a college wrestler turned MMA. He just kept it standing for the advantage over Brock. If overeem can do the same it'll likely be the same story.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2011, 05:19:15 AM »
Cain is a college wrestler turned MMA. He just kept it standing for the advantage over Brock. If overeem can do the same it'll likely be the same story.

I know he is.

Doesnt change the fact that hes a "striker" also. and probably the best at hw.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2011, 05:22:46 AM »
I know.
Doesnt change the fact that cain is probably the best striker at HW right now though now does it? which was my point..

Don't want to turn this into JDS/Cain but isn't the fact JDS trains with the national boxing team worth anything? I saw this fight as cain being more well-rounded and JDS having the striking advantage. Was expecting Cain to have the edge from top control whilst JDS will be busy trying to shoot the uppercut.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2011, 05:23:59 AM »
Don't want to turn this into JDS/Cain but isn't the fact JDS trains with the national boxing team worth anything? I saw this fight as cain being more well-rounded and JDS having the striking advantage. Was expecting Cain to have the edge from top control whilst JDS will be busy trying to shoot the uppercut.

I said probably... Jds Might be better. I dont think so though but we have to wait and see. Hopefully Cain doesn't play it safe and just takes him down. Then again jds has good td defence if Im not misstaken

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 05:28:16 AM »

Im not super impressed that JDS had to get judges decisions with Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin.

I dont see JDS beating Velasquez.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2011, 05:28:38 AM »

Yes, he has balls.....and i got nothing against the guy, it's just fun being devils advocate......and he DID make himself look like a bitch  ;)

but i don't think he's out of the woods health-wise,  I think that all the gear, protein, narcos, and road lifestyle has caught up with him and his body can't handle it anymore.  He's been doing this shit a while now.....how old is he?

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2011, 05:30:15 AM »
Im not super impressed that JDS had to get judges decisions with Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin.

I dont see JDS beating Velasquez.

the mess he made of carwin

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 05:31:05 AM »

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2011, 05:31:44 AM »
Yes, he has balls.....and i got nothing against the guy, it's just fun being devils advocate......and he DID make himself look like a bitch  ;)

but i don't think he's out of the woods health-wise,  I think that all the gear, protein, narcos, and road lifestyle has caught up with him and his body can't handle it anymore.  He's been doing this shit a while now.....how old is he?

well he didnt tap and smiled afterwards. after the knee he probably didn't know where he was.

What road lifestyle are you talking about? the one he has years and years and years ago and Thats caught up with him Now? 34 :)

been either training wrestling, entertaintment wrestling (which is fucking worse then all of them combined) , mma since he was like 7 though (in that order), so hes been at it for while.

A part of why he left wwe was getting addicted to painkillers. Since there was No other way to perform each and every night with injuries.

I just hope hes healthy. I doubt brock would even say otherwise no matter how he felt. Maby after he retired he will come out and say "after the first illness and new diest I lost about 30% of my strenght" or something like that. wouldn't suprise me.