Author Topic: Lesnar Vs Overreem  (Read 13509 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Lesnar Vs Overreem
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2011, 08:38:48 AM »
Interesting fight.  Brock is a big mofo.  Needs to take Reem off his feet and that will be his obvious gameplan.  I don't know if Reem can handle Brock driving those hammerfists into his skull.

Lesnar-Round 1 by TKO.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2011, 08:44:40 AM »
Interesting fight.  Brock is a big mofo.  Needs to take Reem off his feet and that will be his obvious gameplan.  I don't know if Reem can handle Brock driving those hammerfists into his skull.

Lesnar-Round 1 by TKO.

That's a bolder fucking prediction than I'd want to make. The UFC needs a good kickboxer to carry the flag.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2011, 10:11:35 AM »
The winner of this is the guy who bench presses the most - simple!

Woldzilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2011, 10:16:53 AM »
You're bringing more to the table here than most people. But I've not yet seen him looking dangerous on the ground. In what fights has he threatened submissions either in Strikeforce/Dream?

Didntneed it in sf as his standup was enough
I believemin dream he had some eg guillotine on james thompson
Earlier fight i recall armbars on marc hunt see highlight youtube or wikipedia

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2011, 10:18:24 AM »
That's a bolder fucking prediction than I'd want to make. The UFC needs a good kickboxer to carry the flag.

I know it's bold.   ;D  It's almost being made to insight the anti-brock posters on here. 

chess315

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
brock is going to destroy overeem the more i think about people have to realise brock has only fought 7 time or so he is still prone to making mistake and on top of that many of his fight where completely one sided. he is not going any where no time soon barring health problems he is a big time draw mabey the biggest in the ufc. I am suprised people on the boards dont like him more he is some what represting us weight lifters and showing with raw power and athletic abiltiy it is posible to overcome superior technique

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2011, 04:47:23 AM »
Recent odds for this fight put them on even money.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25109/ufc-141-odds-brock-lesnar-and-alistair-overeem-open-dead-even-at-115.mma

Overeem has a far better mma pedigree and significantly more experience, so what tilts the odds-makers Lesnar's way?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 04:58:07 AM »
overeem by KO 2nd round

knee to the face
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2011, 05:03:12 AM »
Overeem is going to knock Cock Chestnar out cold....and then pull his penis out and lay it across Brock's face as all his friends take pictures

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2011, 05:14:22 AM »
You got to give this man credit he doesn't take any easy fights.
Takes on a former UFC champion Mir in his second fight ever. Then he takes on Health Herring who isn't exactly a pussy, Couture and Mir again
Suffers life threatening illness, comes back from illness and fights Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez within a few months of eachother
Gets sick again and has 10 inches of his colon removed and is fighting Ovewreem in his return match. You think they would give him someone a little bit easier for his return fight. Nope Brock only fights the toughest mfers in the world.

In all honesty.. All fighters want hard fights.. Who wants to fight a scrub..? He's a big ,big name.. He isn't that good,but I believe he'll do o.k. after seeing the Verdum fight..

chess315

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
The winner of this is the guy who bench presses the most - simple!
no but if you pick the person that can bench the most you will win more times then not

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »

Did you miss the match with Werdum? Cos Overeem looked total shit.The guy is all hype.You can say Werdum lay down half the time, but the other half he out struck this 'super striker'.Hes nothing but a heavily muscled guy whos an average MMA fighter.He will get found out soon enough when he fights decent opposition.Beating Todd Duffee doesnt mean your a great fghter  ::)

Oh yes it does, the Duffster is a beast

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2011, 08:39:20 AM »
In all honesty.. All fighters want hard fights.. Who wants to fight a scrub..? He's a big ,big name.. He isn't that good,but I believe he'll do o.k. after seeing the Verdum fight..

Rickson Gracie?

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
By now lesnars BJJ is good. Lesnar coach is Rodrigo Medeiros and they have been training hard for a few years now. Combine that with his strenght and wrestling and he can probably neutralizemost most peoples bjj's. black belt or not. Gracie brothers did a nice breakdown also how be used bjj to his advantage very good against mir.
You're nuts.. He can train ju jitsu for the rest of his life.. He'll never get it.. He's been wrestling since he was a kid,and got out wrestled by Velasquez.. He's been working on his Jits as long as his stand up,and we saw what happened.. Not to mention,he really has not been training that often...Just recovering from his health problems.. I wish him the best.. But he no longer has the fury and passion he had before.. He still has his god given strength,and that will carry him a long long way..But he's that strong,because he is a huge man. I don't think he's freakishly strong,just freakishly big.. But don't get me wrong......!?  He'll tie me up in to a pretzel,if he wanted to.. I mean him in comparison to other gifted athletes..