Author Topic: So I start work tomorrow.  (Read 4342 times)

MikMaq

So I start work tomorrow.
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »
Yeah I guess that makes me like a superhuman around these parts. But anyhow the fuckers require me to do 2 free days of training, has this happened to you. I know the economy is like dieing and shit, but fuck.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: So I start work tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 12:05:28 PM »
some getbiggers are unemployed, and you're bitching about training.

oh, i worked in a hospital yrs back in a storm for 22 hrs or so and was only paid $3-$4hr or some BS plan they had when shifts couldn't get in b/c of weather. 

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 12:08:08 PM »
some getbiggers are unemployed, and you're bitching about training.
Hey man I ain`t bitching I`m surveying, I could care less about me I still have cash stored away, that`s not the point, I`m more concerned that this shit will become the norm. Big companies give loads of free training, if this is becoming a trend this could change shit for everyone.

Jizzacked

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »
sounds like the first of what will most likely be many assfuckings at the hands of your new employer.  enjoy your stay bro

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 12:35:16 PM »
Dude, you should be happy . I cant find a job to save my life right now.  :-X

MikMaq

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 02:31:58 PM »
Meh I am but it would be far to gay for me to start a thread about me being happy.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 02:35:39 PM »
Yeah, it's an employers marker right now, so most take serious liberties with the "goodwill" of employees.

This is a shafting, yes, but if you want/need a gig, what else can ya do?

Don't let them get your time for free, though. Steal bathroom tissue and pens.  :D

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 02:37:03 PM »
Pretty much standard. Endless "inductions", slideshows, seminars, workshops etc...

Minimum wage positions with large emloyers often require heroic amounts of paper work and multiple interviews these days. Are you willing to hack through the red tape of "company policy" to land that $7 per hour position?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »
Pretty much standard. Endless "inductions", slideshows, seminars, workshops etc...

Minimum wage positions with large emloyers often require heroic amounts of paper work and multiple interviews these days. Are you willing to hack through the red tape of "company policy" to land that $7 per hour position?

No shit. You gotta go through 12 interviews just to land a gig at McDonald's. And, no, I don't work there.  ;D

All this endless paperwork and seminars and ... fuck it all.

MikMaq

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »
Yeah, it's an employers marker right now, so most take serious liberties with the "goodwill" of employees.

This is a shafting, yes, but if you want/need a gig, what else can ya do?

Don't let them get your time for free, though. Steal bathroom tissue and pens.  :D
I don`t mind the working for free as I said, I think it`s kinda  cool if this is the direction our economy is going in. I`ll do anything to compete with the chinkies.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 03:16:01 PM »
i used to love jobs with paid training.  i did that a few times during college.  got hired at ISPs and a design firm... did two weeks of paid training at each, then left.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »
Yeah I guess that makes me like a superhuman around these parts. But anyhow the fuckers require me to do 2 free days of training, has this happened to you. I know the economy is like dieing and shit, but fuck.

That sounds illegal, contact a lawyer and see what you can do about that.  Your work is not worth nothing.

TEAM Nasser

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
That sounds illegal, contact a lawyer and see what you can do about that.  Your work is not worth nothing.

Jtsunami   ::)
T

MikMaq

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 03:27:21 PM »

I`ve worked with the company before, right before I quit for serguery I was in training for a week, I`m just getting retrained on shit I already know, so I don`t care. But I wonder about that. Where`s the line between not paying fair wages and this kinda crap.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »
I`ve worked with the company before, right before I quit for serguery I was in training for a week, I`m just getting retrained on shit I already know, so I don`t care. But I wonder about that. Where`s the line between not paying fair wages and this kinda crap.

it wouldn't hurt to call up a lawyer and simply ask over the phone, they probably will just answer for free and if it is against the law you can sue your new employer and maybe not have to work for them and get money on top of that.

TEAM Nasser

MikMaq

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »
it wouldn't hurt to call up a lawyer and simply ask over the phone, they probably will just answer for free and if it is against the law you can sue your new employer and maybe not have to work for them and get money on top of that.

Nah man the place is run by paki`s in india, they constantly do everything they can to violate the law.
They put up a security wall three months ago to protect credit cards. The ignorant shits didn`t realize they cut off the air supply to the room. ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 05:32:40 PM »
Most serious career paths provide some type of low or no pay internship to get your feet wet.
List your posting experience here at getbig and they might give you training credit so you can start with pay right away.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »
My job is sweet.

They pay me on days I train. I get mileage if I travel @ 55p per mile travelled, subsistence if I am away from base over lunch etc

MikMaq

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 06:00:13 PM »
My job is sweet.

They pay me on days I train. I get mileage if I travel @ 55p per mile travelled, subsistence if I am away from base over lunch etc
Nah these guys were paying for training for years, I still got five days of paid training next week and it`s shit I still know how to do it all from before so I can`t really complain, they to just gave me a day of retraining, instead of five.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »

Honestly, I think this is a violation of state and Federal labor laws. Of course, wages issues generally pertain to hourly employees. If one is salaried, they fall into another category. Check you state labor laws first.

Of course, you have to decide if it is worth making an issue about this. I guess if they don't hire you after the training period, you may want to do something about the free labor you provided then for two days, huh?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:35 PM »

You claim you look shittier than 5 years ago, and now you get a job?

Real superhuman here.  ::) ::) ::)

MikMaq

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »
You claim you look shittier than 5 years ago, and now you get a job?

Real superhuman here.  ::) ::) ::)
Well I was very good looking when I was 19, had that faggy model look. Now I just look kinda regular good looking. All ego shit aside I`m not kinding, it`s more of a trivial fact from my viewpoint but whatever. As I said before hormones and shit makes you look less good, your nose ears and shit get bigger, your hair line recedes etc.

Anyhow I am a superhuman I`m an employed white male. 8)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 06:38:16 PM »
Well I was very good looking when I was 19, had that faggy model look. Now I just look kinda regular good looking. All ego shit aside I`m not kinding, it`s more of a trivial fact from my viewpoint but whatever. As I said before hormones and shit makes you look less good, your nose ears and shit get bigger, your hair line recedes etc.

Anyhow I am a superhuman I`m an employed white male. 8)

You kind of contradict yourself there, don't you?

And come on, you looked like a f@ggot model at 19 and are whining at 24 because you look shittier because you are older??

I give you credit for being white though, guess there is something positive about all of us.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 06:43:58 PM »

I retired two years ago so someone else could keep their job. It is nice being "unemployed" when you don't need the income. 

EZ$

• Getbig II
  • I do curls for the girls
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »
Your employers just want to make sure you know how to make the frys without burning them.