Author Topic: Bitcoin - Flexcoin filed for bankrupcty  (Read 4283 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Well...just lost the bitcoin money I made....:(
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 07:32:02 AM »

I make waaaaay more money than I lose and most importantly, I don't invest money that I cannot afford to put up. 

As should any wise investor, however, this is a poor long term investment and highly volatile, unless you have a really nice cash flow it's a poor investment. Why don't you take you money and invest in known things,long term things, like mutual funds or some shit.

What do you make money on?

Seriously, go to any investment banker, broker etc. this is a really volatile poor investment, it has little long term security, hasn't been around long and frankly is clearly a money making venture in which the idiots who did not get in at the start are left holding worthless shit.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 07:43:23 AM »
As should any wise investor, however, this is a poor long term investment and highly volatile, unless you have a really nice cash flow it's a poor investment. Why don't you take you money and invest in known things,long term things, like mutual funds or some shit.

What do you make money on?

Seriously, go to any investment banker, broker etc. this is a really volatile poor investment, it has little long term security, hasn't been around long and frankly is clearly a money making venture in which the idiots who did not get in at the start are left holding worthless shit.

I didn't lose money on the store selling merchandise...just on the bitcoin mining venture due to being in a group collective where more shit can go wrong.  The only money I'm going to lose is the equipment rental and power cost and that's not going to be much.  That's why I'm considering just building my own mining rig and run everything myself so I'll have better control over expenses and revenue.
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 08:36:37 AM »
Don't leave your bitcoin in a wallet on the site you brought it from. Use different wallets. spread your bitcoin out in those different wallets. I still have mine.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
Don't leave your bitcoin in a wallet on the site you brought it from. Use different wallets. spread your bitcoin out in those different wallets. I still have mine.

Yea, I'm going to do that along with cashing them out faster and not waiting on the market level.  I'm still debating over building a few rigs though.....with my computer skills and access of suppliers, I can build a pretty fast one for a lot less than other people....not only that, I'll have a bad ass gaming machine when I'm not mining
A

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 08:45:57 AM »
vince do you even lift?

nice tits brah

n

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 09:42:59 AM »

I'd say that ~282% compounded return for half a decade constitutes a decent investment. If your commentary is merely forward looking then, well, perhaps it is correct, but the reality is that no one knows for sure what the future holds for bitcoin's price.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »
Don't bother mining, it isn't worth it. I will bet that your mine hasn't minted a single BTC. The more BTC there is, the "harder" it is to mine (with the difficulty being measured in the escalating complexity of the mining algorithm). The complexity will even outstrip Moore's Law.

Leave the mining to the dorks that have access to a mostly-idle 10,000 CPU data center.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »
Don't bother mining, it isn't worth it. I will bet that your mine hasn't minted a single BTC. The more BTC there is, the "harder" it is to mine (with the difficulty being measured in the escalating complexity of the mining algorithm). The complexity will even outstrip Moore's Law.

Leave the mining to the dorks that have access to a mostly-idle 10,000 CPU data center.

This, I was going to buy a couple of radeon 9970's a couple of years back but the thought at that time was that the easy mining had finished and now it wasn't worth it as electricity would cost more than the coin, and I listened :( lol @ Goodrum mining now with his pentium 3 processor @ 1.7ghz, 512mb of ram and integrated intel graphics  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 11:39:30 AM »
I'm sure you're all familiar with the bitcoin by now. But what you might not know is that there is a whole ecology of alternative cryptocurrencies being brought to market (initially just mined, then put on an exchange and traded for fiat) with their own special functions -- e.g., coins whose mining sends computational power to BOINC research projects (gridcoin).

As CEO of Vincent Goodcome Enterprises, I'm always looking for ways to innovate and expand my burnt appendages into new markets. Today I'd like to share my latest innovation:

Introducing, the goodcoin (GOC)

Technical specifications:
60 second block time
10 goodcoin's reward per block
60 second transaction confirmation time
scrypt-based, proof of work algorithm
Retarget every 4 hours

RPC/P2P Ports = 8505/8506

The goodcoin will be a revolutionary new cryptocurrency that will only gain value as its adoption rate increases. Initial miners will get free digital coupons to Caliber Fitness and Caliber Grocery upon successful mining of each block (in addition to the standard 10 goodcoin reward). Goodcoins make a great holiday gift as well because I'm sure they'll be useful for something sometime in the future (haven't figured that part of the business out quite yet).

More news to come!!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 11:40:28 AM »

65stew

• Getbig II

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 08:36:51 PM »

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoin - Flexcoin filed for bankrupcty
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 11:54:39 PM »
The exchange I was using was FlexCoin and it just filed for bankruptcy today.  I guess I'll have to downsize to a trail.....oh wait a minute I forgot. ;D  I had some in cold storage but not much.

Just so you guys know, I was selling ebooks in addition to having a 600GH Monarch bitcoin miner running in my office.   I'm deciding as to whether to move to a new exchange or just sell off the equipment.  What do you guys thinks

Interesting. https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/600-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

Apparently the 600GH Monarch bitcoin miner you claim to be using is not even available yet....

Shipping Schedule

This is a Pre-Order product which is not yet shipping.  If you're uncomfortable waiting until the development is complete and the product is shipped, do NOT pre-order this product. Perhaps undesirable, but this is a pre-order market.  Customers flatly demand to get in line for the new technology before it's finished development.  This has created a lot of drama for the manufacturers but it's something we simply have to deal with.  All manufacturers in this space have experienced some degree of delay with their first generation ASIC.  Every last one of them, so we're reluctant to give a specific delivery date.  However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in February 2014.  Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in April.
[/b]
all drugs - TPPIIP

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
Re: Bitcoin - Flexcoin filed for bankrupcty
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 12:01:12 AM »
The exchange I was using was FlexCoin and it just filed for bankruptcy today.  I guess I'll have to downsize to a trail.....oh wait a minute I forgot. ;D  I had some in cold storage but not much.

Just so you guys know, I was selling ebooks in addition to having a 600GH Monarch bitcoin miner running in my office.   I'm deciding as to whether to move to a new exchange or just sell off the equipment.  What do you guys thinks

Hey Vince, sorry to hear you lost your 0.0000001 bitcoin!
Ψ