Author Topic: How long until Obama ...  (Read 1104 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
How long until Obama ...
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:56:19 AM »
I'm a little worried, the guy is pissing off a lot of powefull lobbies - now the Autoindustry - I like the guy and I think this will be great for the workd and especially the US.
But I'm worried that he is going down the JFK root, seriously.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: How long until Obama ...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:25:17 AM »
I'm a little worried, the guy is pissing off a lot of powefull lobbies - now the Autoindustry - I like the guy and I think this will be great for the workd and especially the US.
watch what you suggest The Patriot Act is still in effect.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:28:24 AM »
i could see him being systematically terminated for the sake of martial law.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 07:13:22 AM »
That would be the worst thing for this country. 
Changing the makeup of the senate to be more 50/50 (or republican led) with Obama as president may be a good thing for the country.  Obama seems like he can compromise.

This democratic congress sucks.  They are still trying to push all this non-economic bullshit in the enormous economic bailout.  If we had a small republican majority in congress and Obama as president, it may be like the Clinton/Gingrich combo we had in the 90s.  We have got to vote out these far liberal leftists.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 07:21:12 AM »
Thats the problem.....Obama would have to compromise. I guess the balance of power we had didn't lend itslef to the "clinton" boom right. Its the Congress I'm more worried about. Obama appears to be appeasing the Left wing nuts with words while pretty much staying Center Left with deeds. I can live with that, but Congress and the duel morons Pelosi and Reid I worry about.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 07:36:36 AM »
That would be the worst thing for this country. 
Changing the makeup of the senate to be more 50/50 (or republican led) with Obama as president may be a good thing for the country.  Obama seems like he can compromise.

This democratic congress sucks.  They are still trying to push all this non-economic bullshit in the enormous economic bailout.  If we had a small republican majority in congress and Obama as president, it may be like the Clinton/Gingrich combo we had in the 90s.  We have got to vote out these far liberal leftists.

The problem right now with the Republican Party is with their voting base.

Their voting base is growing older and smaller.

One example on how the Republicans is out of touch: It is the Democrats who are pushing to build infrastructure to give broadband access to everyone in the nation.

Republicans doesn't seem to understand how important something like that is to the young voting groups.

I actually think the mid-term elections will be a make or break election for the Republicans.

It can be the election where they will permanently slips to only holding very few seats.

Or it can be the election where they stop the breakdown.

The Republicans have an identity crisis IMO.

What do they want to be?

They aren't the fiscally responsible party anymore.

Anyone claiming that will only get "George W Bush robbed the US economy" thrown in his face.

FWIW, the Republicans weren't fiscally responsible during Reagan or Bush sr either.

Neither of those cats balanced their budgets.
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 08:18:32 AM »
Reagan did cut spending on alot of wasteful bs. Bush 1 cut the defense budget at the end of the Cold War. Reagan had no choice economically...he had to spend on defence and Carter left the economy a mess. The GOP does need new younger blood. But there are plenty of red state dems that would very easily go republican with the right guy. Much of this past years election results were due to the anybody but Bush vote...much like 2000. If u can find a guy, who as Governor, cut spending, was a real conservative he has a real chance. Much the same was said about the Dems after 2000 and 2004.....then u got 2006. Who knows what will happen in 2010. It hinges on the economy. If we get another terror attack and it can be linked to a mistake by Obama, the Dems are gone. If we're fine and the economy is improving, he will make it back in. There are alot of areas where the Repubs can pick up seats. Many of the seats picked up by the dems were captured, not by libs but by pretty conservative Dems.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 08:25:07 AM »
The problem right now with the Republican Party is with their voting base.

Their voting base is growing older and smaller.

One example on how the Republicans is out of touch: It is the Democrats who are pushing to build infrastructure to give broadband access to everyone in the nation.

Republicans doesn't seem to understand how important something like that is to the young voting groups.

I actually think the mid-term elections will be a make or break election for the Republicans.

It can be the election where they will permanently slips to only holding very few seats.

Or it can be the election where they stop the breakdown.

The Republicans have an identity crisis IMO.

What do they want to be?

They aren't the fiscally responsible party anymore.

Anyone claiming that will only get "George W Bush robbed the US economy" thrown in his face.

FWIW, the Republicans weren't fiscally responsible during Reagan or Bush sr either.

Neither of those cats balanced their budgets.

the delusional loyalists here have already said that it is 'guaranteed' that congress will return to the repub control in 2010.

They don't understand what a major and gradual shift that would be, nor do they understand it's getting pretty hard to recruit for the repub party from a very poor population.  Rednecks and religious nuts hate obama, but when they're out of work, it's hard to justify voting for a repub, when the dem is promising 3 million more jobs.

Of course, these are the same 'predictors' who declared there would be a mccain victory after the rev wright tapes came out. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 08:35:55 AM »
the delusional loyalists here have already said that it is 'guaranteed' that congress will return to the repub control in 2010.

They don't understand what a major and gradual shift that would be, nor do they understand it's getting pretty hard to recruit for the repub party from a very poor population.  Rednecks and religious nuts hate obama, but when they're out of work, it's hard to justify voting for a repub, when the dem is promising 3 million more jobs.

Of course, these are the same 'predictors' who declared there would be a mccain victory after the rev wright tapes came out. 

3 million jobs BUT none going to white workers according to Reich.I think when whites start seeing the deck starting to be stacked againbst them,you will see a revolt.Its already starting with Reich and Lowery its just a matter of time.The democrats ALWAYS overplay their hand.Let them force gay marriage,more welfare,more affirmative action and see how whites react.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 08:46:15 AM »
3 million jobs BUT none going to white workers according to Reich.

you love to make it about race.

in real life, it's about economics.  rich ppl and poor people.

most poor ppl care WAY more about their healthcare and their employment, than about skin color.  This comes from a guy who grw up in ghetto of cleveland/akron, then lived in the trailer park.  in both instances, whites and blacks liked to talk trash about the other group - but paying the bills was more important.

The media LOVES to talk about race.  But the reality is, from a person who lived in both communities poor, race is 3rd.  $ is first and second.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 08:48:18 AM »

Fuck the auto industry.  They've been making those 10mpg pieces of shit for years when they could spend a few extra dollars and get the vechicle to 30-40 mpg

The auto industry needs to be cleaned up
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 10:21:51 AM »

most poor ppl care WAY more about their healthcare and their employment, than about skin color.  This comes from a guy who grw up in ghetto of cleveland/akron, then lived in the trailer park.  in both instances, whites and blacks liked to talk trash about the other group - but paying the bills was more important.

The media LOVES to talk about race.  But the reality is, from a person who lived in both communities poor, race is 3rd.  $ is first and second.

No Robert Reich made it about race...he wants unskilled workers to do the work...unskilled...moron s fixing things as opposed to skilled workers doing it.....yet another Lib douche wasting my money.
L

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 10:27:34 AM »

ROBERT REICH made it about race when he made it a point to say these jobs shouldnt go to whites.Lowery made it about race at the inaugeration.Race is ALWAYS first.The entire election was about race.Whites were made to feel as racists if they didnt support Obama.

Do you want unskilled workers building bridges because they are minority?ROBERT REICH does and said so.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 02:03:26 PM »

Promising and DELIVERING are two separate animals. McCain lost because he seemed clueless about the economy at crucial points of his campaign. What people seem to be forgetting is that many of those who voted for Obama did so, because he seems clueless about f the economy. However, they did NOT sign on for his social policies (or his standing idly by, while his buddies on the far-left impose those policies).

If Obama can't deliver, that, combined with his left-leaning ideas, could spell trouble for him. Some people have short memories, it seems. Where the Republicans are now, the Dems were just four years ago (GOP picked up seats in the House and Seante and Bush got re-elected).

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 02:08:01 PM »
ROBERT REICH made it about race when he made it a point to say these jobs shouldnt go to whites.Lowery made it about race at the inaugeration.Race is ALWAYS first.The entire election was about race.Whites were made to feel as racists if they didnt support Obama.

Do you want unskilled workers building bridges because they are minority?ROBERT REICH does and said so.

GREAT post.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »
maybe obama is going to treat his presidency like the campaign.

load up on all the liberal programs in year one.  Then switch to moderate programs for the 2010 election run.

Then lib it up in 2011.   Then, make lots of centrist moves in 2012.  It could work.  People were thankful for $3 gas because it wasn't $4 anymore.  They have short memories.  most swing voters in 2012 won't rememebr what obama did in Feb 2009.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 02:16:45 PM »
maybe obama is going to treat his presidency like the campaign.

load up on all the liberal programs in year one.  Then switch to moderate programs for the 2010 election run.

Then lib it up in 2011.   Then, make lots of centrist moves in 2012.  It could work.  People were thankful for $3 gas because it wasn't $4 anymore.  They have short memories.  most swing voters in 2012 won't rememebr what obama did in Feb 2009.

Most voters are complete and utter idiots.