Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 727990 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #5800 on: April 14, 2021, 04:49:42 PM »
I bought a handful of ETH, a good idea to buy more?
Maybe wait for a dip when there is a sea of red.

I am impressed with your Dogecoin gains. You killed it bro! Make sure you get a bit of Bitcoin with that, some ETH, ADA, BNB, XRP, DOT, VET, LUNA, THETA and perhaps LTC. But I would hold on to some of your Dogecoin. It could very well go to $1 eventually. They are going to start upgrading Dogecoin.

I also like the way it sounds. Give me 50 bucks becomes give me 50 doge. Doge kind of reminds me of the word Dollar, they both start with a D and O. Doge is faster to pronounce. So Elon might be onto something when he says it would be ironic if Doge becomes the world's currency. It could be used for day to day shit and things like Bitcoin and perhaps ETH and a few others just stored indefinitely. ETH has stablecoins that can be used for day to day transactions.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dogecoin-gets-wings-developer-upgrades-041545072.html

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5801 on: April 14, 2021, 06:47:47 PM »
Real estate, foreign currency, gold, silver, commodities and stocks.  Literally everything.  Don't get sucked into this Ponzi scheme Pellius.  You are old enough to remember multi level marketing schemes, right?

Welcome back to the chat Mr Anabolic. The original Mr Anabolic may have retired in shame, but the new one is still active here it seems. :)

Yes, its correct that real estate, foreign currency, gold, silver, commodities and stocks are all defenses against dollar devaluation. As is Bitcoin, sneakers, art, postage stamps, etc.

However, of all these various options, Bitcoin has some very specific and unique advantages and features compared to all of these other assets.

And so we, as investors and capital allocators, need to figure out which of these assets are the best (and in which combination and portfolio mix to hold). Now, with regard to that particular calculation of allocation to asset classes, one would need to be both very foolish, ignorant, pig-headed, stubborn, arrogant, closed-minded and obstinate not to allocate any proportion of one's wealth to Bitcoin. In my view a sensible allocation would be in the range of 1-10% of net worth, depending on circumstances and risk profile.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #5802 on: April 15, 2021, 02:03:03 AM »
Real estate, foreign currency, gold, silver, commodities and stocks.  Literally everything.  Don't get sucked into this Ponzi scheme Pellius.  You are old enough to remember multi level marketing schemes, right?

Yes, real estate beats everything but not everybody has the funds to enter that market and I was speaking about stocks. Gold? Really? I'm not saying that BTC is the best investment
but it seems to be beating the vast majority of stocks that are out there.

What have you invested in that has made a lot of money?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5803 on: April 15, 2021, 03:06:43 AM »
Maybe wait for a dip when there is a sea of red.

I am impressed with your Dogecoin gains. You killed it bro! Make sure you get a bit of Bitcoin with that, some ETH, ADA, BNB, XRP, DOT, VET, LUNA, THETA and perhaps LTC. But I would hold on to some of your Dogecoin. It could very well go to $1 eventually. They are going to start upgrading Dogecoin.

I also like the way it sounds. Give me 50 bucks becomes give me 50 doge. Doge kind of reminds me of the word Dollar, they both start with a D and O. Doge is faster to pronounce. So Elon might be onto something when he says it would be ironic if Doge becomes the world's currency. It could be used for day to day shit and things like Bitcoin and perhaps ETH and a few others just stored indefinitely. ETH has stablecoins that can be used for day to day transactions.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dogecoin-gets-wings-developer-upgrades-041545072.html

The opportunity for crazy good money will be in 2022 after all this stuff crashes.

We just need to pickup the pieces.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5805 on: April 15, 2021, 12:18:02 PM »
Yes, real estate beats everything but not everybody has the funds to enter that market and I was speaking about stocks. Gold? Really? I'm not saying that BTC is the best investment
but it seems to be beating the vast majority of stocks that are out there.

What have you invested in that has made a lot of money?
I don't personally think gold is a great investment but I listed it as better than Bitcoin.  I could have also listed food, toilet paper, guns and ammo as better investments.  Almost everything is a better investment.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5806 on: April 15, 2021, 12:18:46 PM »
Welcome back to the chat Mr Anabolic. The original Mr Anabolic may have retired in shame, but the new one is still active here it seems. :)

Yes, its correct that real estate, foreign currency, gold, silver, commodities and stocks are all defenses against dollar devaluation. As is Bitcoin, sneakers, art, postage stamps, etc.

However, of all these various options, Bitcoin has some very specific and unique advantages and features compared to all of these other assets.

And so we, as investors and capital allocators, need to figure out which of these assets are the best (and in which combination and portfolio mix to hold). Now, with regard to that particular calculation of allocation to asset classes, one would need to be both very foolish, ignorant, pig-headed, stubborn, arrogant, closed-minded and obstinate not to allocate any proportion of one's wealth to Bitcoin. In my view a sensible allocation would be in the range of 1-10% of net worth, depending on circumstances and risk profile.
I have been on Getbig for years under one identity.  No gimmicks.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5807 on: April 15, 2021, 01:50:30 PM »
Alts baby, alts.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5808 on: April 15, 2021, 04:21:19 PM »
Anyone here buying COIN stock?

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/COIN:NASDAQ?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiyqPXcsIDwAhXYRTABHRwsB8cQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw
I thought about it and now I am glad I didn't. I will be getting Nvidia stock though. Maybe some Coin once everything settles. But COIN is tied to crypto so you might as well just buy the crypto. I guess COIN is for those people who don't actually buy cryptos.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5809 on: April 15, 2021, 04:27:11 PM »
Doge hit 19 cents and ETH $2,557.

Doge to $1? Bevo will have a bigger portfolio than GIB in dollar terms if that happens lol! But I guess if that happens Bitcoin's price will be much higher.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5810 on: April 15, 2021, 05:59:28 PM »
Doge @ 22 cents!

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #5811 on: April 15, 2021, 06:54:19 PM »
Doge hit 19 cents and ETH $2,557.

Doge to $1? Bevo will have a bigger portfolio than GIB in dollar terms if that happens lol! But I guess if that happens Bitcoin's price will be much higher.

I haven’t sold any yet, just hit 27 cents ;D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5812 on: April 15, 2021, 07:08:53 PM »
I have been on Getbig for years under one identity.  No gimmicks.

Hmm - well maybe it s generational thing then. Your views on Bitcoin are remarkably similar to Mr Anabolic (who as you know was widely debunked here many pages back in the thread).

You guys would probably get on well though. :)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5813 on: April 15, 2021, 08:24:02 PM »
I haven’t sold any yet, just hit 27 cents ;D

Damn. Did you break the $1M mark?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #5814 on: April 15, 2021, 09:24:39 PM »
Damn. Did you break the $1M mark?

Yes, it hit as high as 1.4 and now settling around 1.1/1.2

Very tempting but I’ll wait

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5815 on: April 16, 2021, 02:59:55 AM »
Yes, it hit as high as 1.4 and now settling around 1.1/1.2

Very tempting but I’ll wait

Sweet deal.  It’s a tough situation. Do you take a buy of profit or just let it run.   Once upon a time I had a portfolio of stock at $8M. Held on too long and ended up with zilch. 

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5816 on: April 16, 2021, 05:54:55 AM »
Zilch? What stocks were you holding?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5817 on: April 16, 2021, 05:57:30 AM »
bevo, what are your returns on doge?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5818 on: April 16, 2021, 07:19:45 AM »
Billionaire Puts £175mn London Apartment up For Sale, Will Accept Bitcoin

Billionaire property tycoon Nick Candy is selling his two-story penthouse overlooking Hyde Park for a cool £175mn (US$240mn). The kicker is, he’s open to accepting Bitcoin.

Despite BTC cracking $64k this week to post a new all-time high, debate on cryptocurrencies’ legitimacy continues to rage. However, Candy’s willingness to take Bitcoin is evidence that opinion is changing, even if it’s at a snail’s pace.

Candy is a former advertising executive who, in the mid-90s, decided to renovated flats in his spare time. By 1999, business was booming, so he decided to quit his day job and go into property full time.

A partnership, under the name Candy and Candy, was formed with his brother, Christian. From there, the pair changed their focus to buying up buildings and carrying out high-end renovations.

Nick took sole ownership of the company in 2018. It was about this time that he began diversifying his interests outside of property. His private investment fund, Candy Ventures, has funded a wide range of startups, including a metal exploration company and a biotech health firm. But a consistent theme throughout the portfolio of companies is technology.

Candy did not go into detail on accepting Bitcoin and Ethereum for his swanky Hyde Park penthouse, only that cryptocurrencies present a “big opportunity.”

But Candy’s nod of approval echoes a wider concern, particularly as the panic situation has emphasized the importance of hedge assets.

https://www.newsbtc.com/news/bitcoin/billionaire-puts-175mn-london-apartment-up-for-sale-will-accept-bitcoin/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5819 on: April 16, 2021, 07:39:53 AM »
bevo, what are your returns on doge?

He’s got to be at like $4-5M now. Crazy shit.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5820 on: April 16, 2021, 09:20:08 AM »
He’s got to be at like $4-5M now. Crazy shit.

He is hovering around 1.6m

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5821 on: April 16, 2021, 10:09:08 AM »
Congrats, Bevo, on being a Getbig millionaire  8)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5822 on: April 16, 2021, 12:33:23 PM »
Hmm - well maybe it s generational thing then. Your views on Bitcoin are remarkably similar to Mr Anabolic (who as you know was widely debunked here many pages back in the thread).

You guys would probably get on well though. :)
It probably is a generational thing.  We Gen X'ers know a Ponzi Scheme when we see one.

Market Cap is a Trillion now. If there is 10 billion worth of real, commercial trade in BTC, it'll be a lot. This means that 1 BTC circulates..........ever y hundred years. That's insane, that has nothing to do with 'money'.
                                                                                                                                   Anthony Migchels

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5823 on: April 16, 2021, 01:34:35 PM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #5824 on: April 16, 2021, 01:49:46 PM »
Congrats, Bevo, on being a Getbig millionaire  8)

Average getbiggers make millions in a day  ;D

At its peak around 2 mil

As of now around 1.5/1.6