Author Topic: UFC 107 Predictions  (Read 33314 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: UFC 107 Predictions
« Reply #325 on: December 14, 2009, 05:14:03 PM »
I'm saying the last place you want to go in a bar/club is to the ground, that's when the guy's friends start with the boots to the head, it's also a place any 'thinking' jj practitioner would avoid in bar/street fight for that reason exactly.. fighting in a ring/cage is not the same as fighting in REAL life.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #326 on: December 14, 2009, 05:38:14 PM »
I'm saying the last place you want to go in a bar/club is to the ground, that's when the guy's friends start with the boots to the head, it's also a place any 'thinking' jj practitioner would avoid in bar/street fight for that reason exactly.. fighting in a ring/cage is not the same as fighting in REAL life.

Yes, that is the worst thing you can do, going to the ground when there are several friends wanting to boot you in the head, nobody is disputing that.

When the fight is outside, it's always best to strike the closest and then do your best Carl Lewis-impression, but when you get taken down inside, control and movement is best, to get you back on your feet.

I've been lucky in that department, got taken down against a table, but managed to do a guillotine and luckily he had no friends booting me in the head. I could easily have been ground n pounded if he was more skillful / i had less skill, but i handled it.
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #327 on: December 14, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »
Still, what do you mean with this.

BJJ a sweet and beautiful thing to watch.

Quote from: Captain Ekipage
For pussies that can't fight

and enjoy cuddling on the ground with other men 'trying' to get 'mount'

LOL @ the gayness.

Do you not see the usefulness?
Q

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2009, 05:46:16 PM »
Still, what do you mean with this.

Do you not see the usefulness?

I do see the usefulness, I'm not saying it's a complete waste of time, but I think it's overshadowed some of the more important 'striking' arts. A lot of guys act like jj and bjj is the 'be all end all' of all fighting artsm which I think is b.s
does it have it's place in someone's arsenal? of course, but now you're getting a lot of guys that can't strike and have NOTHING but jj to go on, which is pretty hurting and sad. For instance guys like Thales Leites, who spent 3/4 of his fight against Anderson Silva laying on the ground trying to get Silva to engage him in his guard... WTF is that shit !?!

spinnis

« Reply #329 on: December 14, 2009, 05:48:40 PM »
I do see the usefulness, I'm not saying it's a complete waste of time, but I think it's overshadowed some of the more important 'striking' arts. A lot of guys act like jj and bjj is the 'be all end all' of all fighting artsm which I think is b.s
does it have it's place in someone's arsenal? of course, but now you're getting a lot of guys that can't strike and have NOTHING but jj to go on, which is pretty hurting and sad. For instance guys like Thales Leites, who spent 3/4 of his fight against Anderson Silva laying on the ground trying to get Silva to engage him in his guard... WTF is that shit !?!

or every single boxing match with hw's when they throw 2 punches and just stand hugging eaxch other for the rest of the round.

WTF is that shit.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #330 on: December 14, 2009, 05:51:02 PM »

Not disputing that you have to have a complete arsenal, striking and groundfighting. I don't think anyone has disputed that in this thread?

It's just asinine to think that you can manage all encounters without any groundfighting skills whatsoever these days, relying purely on your striking will only get you so far.

Don't think anyone is saying that JJ is the supreme art and that you don't need any other skills either.
Q

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #331 on: December 14, 2009, 05:54:28 PM »

or every single boxing match with hw's when they throw 2 punches and just stand hugging eaxch other for the rest of the round.

WTF is that shit.

Lol. ;D
Gracie Rules

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: December 14, 2009, 06:03:05 PM »
What is so hard to understand ?
standing  ,boxing , muay thai, kick boxing........ is better
ground , BJJ ,Judo , Wrestling ,Sambo ...............is better

I love boxing (I was a boxer ) but I enjoy the ground game as well.

BTW this is a cool video

spinnis

« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »
Asfter getting used to 3 5 min rounds with alot of action, knockouts and huge cuts,

its really really hard to watch a boring ass 12 round boxing match whish is mostly spent with the ref pushing the fighters off each other for hugging.

mage the gloved smallen,. dont allow "hugging" and make it 6  5min rounds.

Maby I should start a new boxing orginasation hehe

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #334 on: December 14, 2009, 06:07:43 PM »
Asfter getting used to 3 5 min rounds with alot of action, knockouts and huge cuts,

its really really hard to watch a boring ass 12 round boxing match whish is mostly spent with the ref pushing the fighters off each other for hugging.

Hmm. That might actually be seen as WORK. You don't wanna be doing that, bro.    ;)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »

Why you need the gloves to be smaller.?

spinnis

« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2009, 06:09:02 PM »
Hmm. That might actually be seen as WORK. You don't wanna be doing that, bro.    ;)

I make it popular fast, sell it to the ufc, and then I dont have to work ever again, sounds like a good deal to me :D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #337 on: December 14, 2009, 06:10:40 PM »
Not disputing that you have to have a complete arsenal, striking and groundfighting. I don't think anyone has disputed that in this thread?

It's just asinine to think that you can manage all encounters without any groundfighting skills whatsoever these days, relying purely on your striking will only get you so far.

Don't think anyone is saying that JJ is the supreme art and that you don't need any other skills either.

I never said that, I just don't like jj, I do however like Combat Sambo :)

which has a lot of the same arm bar's and move's as jj, just less gay.

spinnis

« Reply #338 on: December 14, 2009, 06:11:33 PM »
Why you need the gloves to be smaller.?

Alot more Ko's.

In mma, wer are used to see that if you hit a dude on the chin hard, hes Out.

In boxing it seems to take 10 hits right on the chin.

Would make it overall alot more entertaining imo.

I dont see why it hasn't been done, or at least tested.

Right in the middle of old school boxing and mma.

So boxing fans gets to keep the amazing skill of good boxers, and mma fans gets to see a lot more Ko's and no hugging standing which ruins it.

you cant honesly say you wouldn't watch it.

and with only 5-6 rounds they would be alot more aggressive. and even though smaller gloves, it would result in less damage to the head due to 6 less rounds,.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #339 on: December 14, 2009, 06:14:50 PM »
The new Swede!-system incorporates both JJ and Sambo (and all known grappling arts) with Karate, Boxing, Muay Thai and all known striking arts. (even headbutts on the ground and knees from the north-south position on grounded opponents)

Will be interesting to see this organization dominate UFC.

Swede! is the new Dana White, same hair, but with a better build.

Oh and one important addition, no tests for PEDs.
Q

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: December 14, 2009, 06:15:14 PM »
Alot more Ko's.

In mma, wer are used to see that if you hit a dude on the chin hard, hes Out.

In boxing it seems to take 10 hits right on the chin.

Would make it overall alot more entertaining imo.

I dont see why it hasn't been done, or at least tested.

Right in the middle of old school boxing and mma.

So boxing fans gets to keep the amazing skill of good boxers, and mma fans gets to see a lot more Ko's and no hugging standing which ruins it.

Swede ,there are plenty of KO's in boxing.
KO's in  MMA has to do more with the lack of defence than the size of the gloves.

spinnis

« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2009, 06:16:28 PM »
Swede ,there are plenty of KO's in boxing.
KO's in  MMA has to do more with the lack of defence than the size of the gloves.
ofc it occour..

I dissagree with the other part, 4 ounce vs 12 I think? makes a huge difference.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #342 on: December 14, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »
Yes lurker, because we all know my training had a huge impact in 1:22 in the first round

Maybe he should get a refund.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #343 on: December 14, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #344 on: December 14, 2009, 06:22:33 PM »

Beat the sambo guy with a leg lock. Talk about an insult.  ;D
Gracie Rules

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: December 14, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »
ofc it occour..

I dissagree with the other part, 4 ounce vs 12 I think? makes a huge difference.
I used to box with 8oz gloves , Now I train MMA and use 4oz gloves  , if there is  difference  you wouldn't be able to tell..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #346 on: December 14, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »
That almost made sense lurker!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #347 on: December 14, 2009, 11:12:55 PM »
Coltrane, yes Kongo was dejected and frankly I don't think anyone saw THAT coming so soon into the fight. I spoke with his for about minute after the fight and he was in no mood, he didn't want to be around anyone. Pretty sure he's going back to France gather his thoughts and IMO, hopefully part ways with Wolfslayer. Rampage trains under them as well and after seeing what happend to Kingo..it worries me.

I noticed Ricco Rodriguez in the background during Kongo's walk out. Do you work with him at all? We go way back when I was training at the Machado's in Redondo Beach. He just arrived from New York and was pretty fat. He was a good wrestler but didn't know any Jiu-Jitsu. He gave his back a lot and it was pretty easy for me to choke him out -- in the beginning! But he caught on fast and was a terror in six months. For a big fat guy he was pretty athletic and had great cardio. It was a proud day for us when he beat Randy to win the UFC heavy weight title. He came in showing off his belt. Quite a let down to losing his next match to Tim Sylvia. Never seem to be the same again whereas Randy, who was encourage to retire, dropped down a weight class and became a legend.

Ricco has had a lot of ups and downs and always seems to be battling a weight problem. He likes to party too much.