Author Topic: Vitamin E, C supplements reduce exercise benefits  (Read 2810 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Vitamin E, C supplements reduce exercise benefits
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 01:57:03 PM »
sounds like a flawed test.....

they should have had several control groups...but they only had 2..

group 1..no supps
group 2..vitamin c, and e?

that makes no since at all...they should have made a E, and C test group...to try and pin point the biggest reaction..

bench

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 02:05:27 PM »
sounds like a flawed test.....

they should have had several control groups...but they only had 2..

group 1..no supps
group 2..vitamin c, and e?

that makes no since at all...they should have made a E, and C test group...to try and pin point the biggest reaction..

bench

I don't know. It seems like it only affects insulin sensitivity. I sometimes mega dose on c and e in the vain attempt that it will prevent colds when I'm doing a triathlon or something out of the norm. I'm just tired of all these gurus telling you you gotta take this and that for optimal health, they don't know what they're talking about. The tried and true "eat a well balanced diet" always seems to prevail.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
I don't know. It seems like it only affects insulin sensitivity. I sometimes mega dose on c and e in the vain attempt that it will prevent colds when I'm doing a triathlon or something out of the norm. I'm just tired of all these gurus telling you you gotta take this and that for optimal health, they don't know what they're talking about. The tried and true "eat a well balanced diet" always seems to prevail.

I agree with you. However there a vitamins that are good. One of the most important is vitamin D. Just about everyone is deficient in vitamin D not to mention the skin cancer people being afraid of the sun and stuff. and calcium especially those on bbing diets who dont eat dairy products. I was eating a pound of red meat per day along with eggs and still deficient in calcium.
The rest is bullshit and you get from food.
l

lesaucer

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »
wow. that piss me off. I always get in 2g of vit c and 400iu of e ed. now im only going to take them when I will start feeling sick.

''However, when the team measured the effects of exercise on insulin sensitivity, they found no increase in those volunteers taking antioxidants, but a significant increase in those who didn't take the supplements.

Read more: Vitamin E, C supplements reduce exercise benefits - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/Vitamin-E-C-supplements-reduce-exercise-benefits/articleshow/4513328.cms#ixzz102h1QExW''

WTF.

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 02:22:17 AM »
Men should not take vitamin E. And lesaucer 2g of vitamin C is WAY to much.
J

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 01:40:41 PM »
wow. that piss me off. I always get in 2g of vit c and 400iu of e ed. now im only going to take them when I will start feeling sick.

''However, when the team measured the effects of exercise on insulin sensitivity, they found no increase in those volunteers taking antioxidants, but a significant increase in those who didn't take the supplements.

Read more: Vitamin E, C supplements reduce exercise benefits - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/Vitamin-E-C-supplements-reduce-exercise-benefits/articleshow/4513328.cms#ixzz102h1QExW''

WTF.

I wonder if other vitamins have this effect or was it just the C and E?
l

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »
I wonder if other vitamins have this effect or was it just the C and E?

Are you flintstone vitamins?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 03:25:55 PM »
i never take E....and i never will....but i always take C and will keep doing so...

bench

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
what's wrong with E?

I get E from my green tea and muscle milk i get here on campus

doesn't it help with skin quality?

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 03:24:24 AM »
A recent study show that Vitamin E is not good for Men especially men that smoke cigarette.

I'll find you the study. It's a real big study that show does results.

A
J

lesaucer

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 01:18:49 PM »
bump for fucking great findings

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 07:52:06 PM »