Author Topic: Zinc Q. for SMM:  (Read 1006 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Zinc Q. for SMM:
« on: January 30, 2011, 05:39:44 AM »
I read through the ZMA thread you posted several years ago, and I’m curious if you’ve continued to use the product at all and/or kept up on the studies of Zinc in general.

I’ve read through some literature explaining the benefits of Zinc, and I’d like to begin supplementing with it; not necessarily the aspartate form, but just to restore any depletion of levels.
As far as ZMA, I’m not crazy about its sensitivities to food and Ca.

What are your personal thoughts on timing, doseages, and forms?
I currently drink a casein shake before bed.
Would that adversely affect absorption of other supplement forms of Zinc?
Any other feedback/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

suckmymuscle

Re: Zinc Q. for SMM:
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:01:08 AM »
I read through the ZMA thread you posted several years ago, and I’m curious if you’ve continued to use the product at all and/or kept up on the studies of Zinc in general.

I’ve read through some literature explaining the benefits of Zinc, and I’d like to begin supplementing with it; not necessarily the aspartate form, but just to restore any depletion of levels.
As far as ZMA, I’m not crazy about its sensitivities to food and Ca.

What are your personal thoughts on timing, doseages, and forms?
I currently drink a casein shake before bed.
Would that adversely affect absorption of other supplement forms of Zinc?
Any other feedback/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

There is no evidence that Zinc boosts testosterone levels above normal in those who are not very deficient in Zinc. It does boost levels in those who are severely deficient to normal levels but not above that level. People with no deficiency who experienced a increase in "t" with Zinc got that due to better sleep. Sleep is super important for testosterone - your highest levels are right in the morning after you wake up. There are no supplements that raise testosterone Trubulus gives you a slight boost by increasing luteinizing hormone but it is over in a few hours and after a few weeks your luteinizing hormone depletes complete and you don't even get that little burst anymore. There is nothing that raises testosterone and keeps it high except for a high calorie diet. I am really sorry that I can't help you. :(

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »
  There is no evidence that Zinc boosts testosterone levels above normal in those who are not very deficient in Zinc. It does boost levels in those who are severely deficient to normal levels but not above that level. People with no deficiency who experienced a increase in "t" with Zinc got that due to better sleep. Sleep is super important for testosterone - your highest levels are right in the morning after you wake up. There are no supplements that raise testosterone Trubulus gives you a slight boost by increasing luteinizing hormone but it is over in a few hours and after a few weeks your luteinizing hormone depletes complete and you don't even get that little burst anymore. There is nothing that raises testosterone and keeps it high except for a high calorie diet. I am really sorry that I can't help you. :(

SUCKMYMUSCLE

No, that's good info.
Thank you.
I believe that a lot of the “mystique” of Zinc as a T-elevator has been rendered antiquated.

I was interested more in restoring Zinc levels because, from what little I’ve read, it sounds as if intense training lowers the body‘s levels dramatically.
I’d like to know more about Zinc’s role in recovery.
Poliquin also claims that the mineral acts as an aromatase suppressant.

You’re spot on about the sleep, though.
Sleep plays a critical role in a lot of various mechanisms, and I’m a HUGE fan of melatonin.
In fact, I have a theory regarding a direct relationship between melatonin and hGH, but…I could be way off.

Thanks, again.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 06:45:59 AM »
Ya I've been using ZMA for years really for the sleep benefits.  Not sure how much test it will raise if you do not have a deficiency but its really inexpensive and well worth the price of the sleep benefits!!