Author Topic: i need a weight gainer, just a plain weight gainer...  (Read 3371 times)

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
i need a weight gainer, just a plain weight gainer...
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:12:47 AM »
I don't know if they exist or if they ever existed but I thought Weider Mega Mass 2000 used to be all weight gainer at one point, but now or maybe it's always incorporated protein. I don't need the extra protein. I get that from normal eating. Is there a weight gainer out there that is just all carbs for the most part??? Preferably, little sugar, but that might not be possible. Still, I'm willing to sacrifice. Props.
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
Re: i need a weight gainer, just a plain weight gainer...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 01:23:28 PM »
By definition a weight gainer contains carbs, protein and fat.  If you are looking to add a weight gainer that does not have protein you would basically be reffering to a carb powder.  When you say you are eating all the protein you need you did not say how much that is.  If you are trying to gain weight extra protein, in addition to carbs and fat, would be beneficial.  If you are still dead set on a carb powder the following are some good ones:Ultra Fuel(Twinlab), Cytomax(cytosport), Carbo Gain(Universal) and Vitargo(Massive Results, not sure on that one just go to Art Atwoods site to find it.)  Hope this answers your question.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 01:25:10 PM »
cytogainer is best

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 01:51:55 PM »
Just take normal whey powder with milk, add oats, cinnamon and some rapeseed oil. put in blender.

If you're really skinny add ice cream.

This costs you less than a weight gainer and it contains healthy fatty acids, low GI carbs and protein.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 01:57:36 PM »
Just take normal whey powder with milk, add oats, cinnamon and some rapeseed oil. put in blender.

If you're really skinny add ice cream.

This costs you less than a weight gainer and it contains healthy fatty acids, low GI carbs and protein.

I agree with you it is cheaper and is good for you as I used to use that, but they are inconvenient and the oats make it very thick and hard to drink! I prefer a pre-made gainer!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 02:07:11 PM »
I agree with you it is cheaper and is good for you as I used to use that, but they are inconvenient and the oats make it very thick and hard to drink! I prefer a pre-made gainer!

You just need a good blender. Then it will become a smooth drink.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 02:08:23 PM »
You just need a good blender. Then it will become a smooth drink.

maybe my blended does suck :o 8)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 01:41:43 AM »
I don't know if they exist or if they ever existed but I thought Weider Mega Mass 2000 used to be all weight gainer at one point, but now or maybe it's always incorporated protein. I don't need the extra protein. I get that from normal eating. Is there a weight gainer out there that is just all carbs for the most part??? Preferably, little sugar, but that might not be possible. Still, I'm willing to sacrifice. Props.

If it's all carbs, then it's not a weight gainer; it's merely a carb supplement. The older weight gainers from the late 80s/early 90s (like Mega Mass) tend to be carb-heavy. Five ounces of Mega Mass 2000 is about 550 calories (105 g carbs, 27 g protein, 1.5 g fat). With that said, if you actually need a weight gainer, you need one with a significant amount of carbs AND protein. Therefore, I'd recommended N-Large2. Having used Mega Mass 2000, the original N-Large, and N-Large2, I can tell you that the latter is the best of the three.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 05:20:20 AM »
The Weight Gainer I sell is one that will get you caloric intake you need but is a low fat formula that won't give you sloppy weight

http://www.caliberfitness.com/proshop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=11
A

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 09:02:30 AM »
Get a good MRP and add a bannana and add whole Milk...

If you want to get a true weightgainer...

Champion Hvyweight Gainer 900....

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 01:53:18 PM »
The new one by ON "ProComplex" is a good one.
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

Dball

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 08:13:58 AM »
The Weight Gainer I sell is one that will get you caloric intake you need but is a low fat formula that won't give you sloppy weight

http://www.caliberfitness.com/proshop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=11

are you really saying that an excess intake of "healthy" calories wont get you fat?

Dball

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 08:15:46 AM »
i agree with cytogainer being the best.  it is low in sugars and if you mix it with fat free milk it has about 900 calories per serving.

Bones

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 09:45:51 AM »
i agree with cytogainer being the best.  it is low in sugars and if you mix it with fat free milk it has about 900 calories per serving.
  The Cyto does taste good but I believe it just has only whey as a protein source...the reason I would pick Pro Complex Gainer over Cyto is because it has milk,egg and whey and it too taste good.
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

larry33

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 08:57:45 AM »
nlarge is good, ON Pro Complex Gainer Vanilla is good (a bonus is it can be stirred with a spoon!), but the best label to me is the Nutrabolics Iso Gainer.  The first two use maltodextrin for the carbs.  The Iso Gainer uses Oats as the carb source. 

Bones

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 09:48:11 AM »
nlarge is good, ON Pro Complex Gainer Vanilla is good (a bonus is it can be stirred with a spoon!), but the best label to me is the Nutrabolics Iso Gainer.  The first two use maltodextrin for the carbs.  The Iso Gainer uses Oats as the carb source. 
  I'm not sure but I think the Iso Gainer has some soy protein thrown in :(
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 03:41:59 PM »
nlarge 2 or vp60! both good! 8)

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 07:54:13 PM »
N-Large 2 hands down.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 02:08:23 PM »
How much does N LArge2 cost and how many serving per container

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »
Here you go with a proven "weight gainer":

http://www.handcoding.com/archives/2003/09/02/the-elvis-peanut-butter-bacon-and-banana/

"The Elvis

Recipe courtesy Peanut Butter & Co.
Show: Sara’s Secrets
Episode: All About Peanut Butter

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 sandwiches

Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter, softened
8 slices white bread
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 large, ripe banana, sliced
1/4 cup honey
12 slices bacon, Sauteed until crispy (optional)
Preparation:

Spread the butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. On the other side of half of the slices spread peanut butter. Place banana slices on top of peanut butter. Drizzle honey over bananas. Place 3 bacon slices on top of the banana, then place the remaining buttered bread slices on top, butter-side-out.

Place sandwiches on a preheated grill pan or griddle. Flip them over when they become golden brown and crispy. When the sandwiches are browned on both sides, remove to plates. Slice in half and serve immediately."

Have fun, hope you gain lots of weight.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 01:40:35 PM »
How much does N LArge2 cost and how many serving per container

A 10-lb. bucket will run you about $40-$50, depending on where you buy it. Each bucket has 30 servings. When I used it, I took three servings per day. So, each bucket would last 10 days.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 09:55:36 PM »
A 10-lb. bucket will run you about $40-$50, depending on where you buy it. Each bucket has 30 servings. When I used it, I took three servings per day. So, each bucket would last 10 days.

damn it is expensive to gain weight.... I HATE BEING TALL AND SKINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude that's alot of money to me right now but i guess you gotta pay to play how well does that stuff work as i am 6'2" and 160 to 170lbs and dying to gain weight i want to be around 200 to 220.... 220 is a goal....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 08:15:08 AM »
2 scoops Protein powder.
1/4 heavy cream
1 cup Ice Cream.
2 cups whole milk

Monster weight gain.

Dball

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 04:30:45 PM »
monster fat gain...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 04:34:22 PM »
monster fat gain...
:o no doubt! thats the wrong ingredients man! unless your training for power and strenght. then yeah its all about calories. I only get clean calories...Cream! what is that? and what does it taste like? nothing but steak,chicken ,egg whites, and Tuna for me.
bodybuildersreality.com