Author Topic: LOONY Republican Father. Are any of you this misinformed? Be honest.  (Read 1936 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: LOONY Republican Father. Are any of you this misinformed? Be honest.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 02:40:34 AM »
nuts

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 04:53:26 AM »
nuts

Simple question for you Hugo - and please dont respond with your personal attacks on me.

1.  How are we going to cover 45 million new people without a major tax increase or rationing? 

2.  Have you read about the "community standard" approach to medicine that Rahmn emanuels brother wants to institute?  He is one of the major drafter behind this bill. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 05:26:22 AM »
Simple question for you Hugo - and please dont respond with your personal attacks on me.

1.  How are we going to cover 45 million new people without a major tax increase or rationing? 

2.  Have you read about the "community standard" approach to medicine that Rahmn emanuels brother wants to institute?  He is one of the major drafter behind this bill. 

RIGHT NOW We pay per capita per person MORE than any other country with Universal Healthcare.  We pay TWICE AS MUCH per person already.  Right now, insurance companies reserve the right to ration any care they see fit by denying coverage as they see fit.  Right now, the uninsured are rationed as they are not able to pay the exorbitant costs without insurance.  As long as Insurance companies can dictate price for medical services, costs will remain high and out of reach for anyone without coverage.

The Democratic plan is not even Universal Healthcare in my opinion.  Single Payer is the only way to go.   Single Payer would be a savings and would not cost more.  In fact, we would see a huge surplus to the tune of billions a year.

Also, you will still be able to buy Private Insurance if you want it, although you probably won`t need it under a single payer system.  But the option to buy Private will still be there.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 05:31:43 AM »
RIGHT NOW We pay per capita per person MORE than any other country with Universal Healthcare.  We pay TWICE AS MUCH per person already.  Right now, insurance companies reserve the right to ration any care they see fit by denying coverage as they see fit.  Right now, the uninsured are rationed as they are not able to pay the exorbitant costs without insurance.  As long as Insurance companies can dictate price for medical services, costs will remain high and out of reach for anyone without coverage.

The Democratic plan is not even Universal Healthcare in my opinion.  Single Payer is the only way to go.   Single Payer would be a savings and would not cost more.  In fact, we would see a huge surplus to the tune of billions a year.

Also, you will still be able to buy Private Insurance if you want it, although you probably won`t need it under a single payer system.  But the option to buy Private will still be there.

Answer my question: 

How do we cover 45 million new people without rationing or massive new taxes? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 05:32:54 AM »
Answer my question: 

How do we cover 45 million new people without rationing or massive new taxes? 
I just did.  A single payer would not cost a dime more than it does now.  It would be cheaper. A LOT cheaper.  You would not have to raise anything or "ration" anything.

James

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 05:33:55 AM »

You are an Idiot.

We have more Illegals than any other Country,  all going to the hospital for care, with that cost getting past onto us that pay, which causes our Health care to be higher

We have more Lawyers than any other Country, plus we we do not have loser pay's (more frivolous lawsuits) which also causes our Health care to be higher

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 05:36:03 AM »
I just did.  A single payer would not cost a dime more than it does now.  It would be cheaper. A LOT cheaper.  You would not have to raise anything or "ration" anything.

I dont know about that, but either way, that is not what Obama says is being proposed. 

So again, lets do this a third time -

As it presently stands, how do we cover 45 million new people without rationing or massive new taxes? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 05:39:05 AM »
I dont know about that, but either way, that is not what Obama says is being proposed. 

So again, lets do this a third time -

As it presently stands, how do we cover 45 million new people without rationing or massive new taxes? 
Right. Single Payer is NOT on the table.  I don`t think any reform discussed by the Republicans and especially the plan that is being proposed currently be any different or make any difference to what we have now.

It is a weak plan that will do next to nothing so you and the others may as well stop bitching about it.  It is a crappy plan that really does not do much at all.  The Insurance companies will reign supreme still.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 05:42:09 AM »
Right. Single Payer is NOT on the table.  I don`t think any reform and especially the plan that is being proposed currently be any different or make any difference to what we have now.

It is a weak plan that will do next to nothing so you and the others may as well stop bitching about it.  It is a crappy plan that really does not do much at all.  The Insurance companies will reign supreme.

Oh yes it will do more than nothing.  It will raise taxes, increase govt power, and take choices away from consumers. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 05:46:38 AM »
Oh yes it will do more than nothing.  It will raise taxes, increase govt power, and take choices away from consumers. 
Wrong.  ALL of the private Insurance companies are left intact.  The major difference is they may lower their prices and premiums a bit to compete with a public option if people choose that route.

By the way, Anyone who chooses the Public Option still has to pay for it out of their pocket.  IF anything, it will help you and anyone else with private insurance.

It really is catered to those who already have existing coverage as it will lower costs.  It is not different at all from what he have, just cheaper for those who have privately held insurance.

It is a crappy plan in my opinion as single payer is the only way to go.  In time, we will HAVE to have single payer as it is the only cost effective and working method that is completely fair and solely in the best interest of the patient.