Author Topic: Do we really lose fat by ONLY lifting weights??  (Read 4977 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Do we really lose fat by ONLY lifting weights??
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2008, 06:22:23 PM »
 ;D figures.

if your not going to post a picture go ahead and find something in this thread that i said that was incorrect.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2008, 06:37:37 PM »
I definitely look better than you. Lets go ahead and get that out of the way. You are a skinny nerd, turd, and I have most likely taken shits that look better (and smell better) than you. If you are going to take the whole "If you don't post a pic then you must be shit" attitude that Squadfather took, then I guess you win, I'll be honest, however, and say that I am 6'1", 205 pounds, very low body fat (32 inch waist), run 1.5 miles in 9.15 minutes and am in the U.S Air Force. I won't post pics because I don't want them out ther but would definitely not post a pic if I looked like you. Again, I don't want to sound negative, but I would not be hating upon you if you would act civil and not be such a homo.dick.

So far you've said he's a homo, a dick, a nerd, and a turd, but you haven't addressed his points.  Your screen name is hilarious, but ease back on the name calling and stay on point.

Candi, I don't agree.  Burning 600 cals would be a monster cardio session.  I don't agree that every cal comes from fat either or that a cal deficit isn't required to burn fat.  Being turbo charged changes all the rules.  Lean bulking while losing fat naturally can probably be done, but progress would be so slow it would better suit a fitness enthusiast than a bodybuilder.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »
yes, just stop eating so much.... ???
A

gh2

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2008, 11:31:06 PM »
You seem like you know some stuff about how the body works, Canididizzle, but you are using the term BMR wrong!

BMR=Basic Metabolic Rate. This is how many calories a person burns every day just to stay alive! This means, if you were lying in bed not moving, your body would use the equivalent amount of calories as your BMR to just stay alive (breath, your heart beating, keeping your organs working etc). BMR does NOT include your daily activity. As soon as you move you will need energy for this and your daily calorie expenditure increases.

This is the BMR formula:

Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )
Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

When you say in your example 3000cals in one day you are speaking about the total amount of calories your body burns in one day INCLUDING daily activity.

A 30 year old male male that is 5'10, weighing 220lbs has a BMR of just bove 2000cal just laying in bed all day. For a BMR of 3000cals at 5'10 you would need to weigh above 350lbs.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2008, 11:48:03 PM »
yeah your right im they take into account daily activity. i never do though.    i am not sure i think the body really registers that calorie burn as a bump in metabolism.   like...normally lets say your sedative and your bmr is 3 thousand. you eat 2 thousand. your body registers you under ate and it slows thyroid output to compensate.  now lets say you have that same sedative metabolic rate, 3 thousand, but  you workout mid day and you burn a thousand cals in your weight lifting/cardio...   now your "BMR"  for that day is "4 thousand"....BUT... if you only eat 3 thousand(what your sedative bmr is), i do not think ...and this is just my hypothesizing here...i dont think that your body will slow the metabolism down at all in response to that caloric defecit.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2008, 12:04:13 AM »
Hello, I felt that I had to post a reply to "Candizzle". It would seem that this fellow is one of those skinny little nerds I see endlessly browsing the aisles of GNC. Little bitches like him just don't understand that the way to get bigger involves heavier weights and increased intensity (I won't even pretend to know anything about steroids or GH). I just can't comprehend a pencil-neck loser such as himself offering all this advice when I would most likely slit my wrists if I ever looked like him. Maybe he has a winning personality and this is why you listen to him...All I know is that after seeing the absolutely pathetic pics of him ( which he obviously thought were decent or he wouldn't have posted them) I can effectively summarize that this little man is most likely a little retarded, or at least had something moderately heavy drop on his head in his adolescent years.

HAHAHA! Dead on!
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2008, 12:07:18 AM »
the more lean muscle you got on you the less fat you will hold as simple as that

Explain "buffet" Trey Brewer.......
HAHA, RON.....

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2008, 12:21:33 AM »
You seem like you know some stuff about how the body works, Canididizzle, but you are using the term BMR wrong!

BMR=Basic Metabolic Rate. This is how many calories a person burns every day just to stay alive! This means, if you were lying in bed not moving, your body would use the equivalent amount of calories as your BMR to just stay alive (breath, your heart beating, keeping your organs working etc). BMR does NOT include your daily activity. As soon as you move you will need energy for this and your daily calorie expenditure increases.

This is the BMR formula:

Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )
Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

When you say in your example 3000cals in one day you are speaking about the total amount of calories your body burns in one day INCLUDING daily activity.

A 30 year old male male that is 5'10, weighing 220lbs has a BMR of just bove 2000cal just laying in bed all day. For a BMR of 3000cals at 5'10 you would need to weigh above 350lbs.

A gimmick of a gimmick.  Gotta love getbig ;D

gh2

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2008, 01:32:52 AM »
Yes, you're right, the body does'nt adjust it's metabolism every day according to consumption/expenditure, it's more like around two weeks time depending on which changes the person has made in consumption/expenditure.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2008, 04:26:11 AM »
Of course that we burn calories while lifting weights. A intense training can burn lots of calories, being that the recovery of that training requires more calories than the recovery from aerobic exercises... Doing proper training with supersets, gives a hard time to the athlete to gain weight...
S