Author Topic: Starting to Agree With Adonis  (Read 10961 times)

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
Starting to Agree With Adonis
« on: November 30, 2014, 04:13:31 PM »
I find as I give a shit less about things, sports falls into that area. Why do I care who wins or who loses? Do I know the players personally? Sure I played all sports but I dont want to be some hammerhead old man sitting on a couch thinking I know it all or giving a shit about how many yards some player who I dont give a shit about runs for. As I watched sports lately, I found it boring and pretty fucking useless.  I find other things in my personal life more worthwhile than watching some guy make 10 mill a year for hitting a ball, throwing a ball, shooting a puck or whatever. Meh, maybe Im just old.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Starting to Agree With Adonis
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 04:14:48 PM »
Maybe a fondness for the cock in old age is taking its place

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 04:15:39 PM »
Maybe a fondness for the cock in old age is taking its place

meh who knows, although with a sex drive of less than zero I dont think I have a fondness for much in that area

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »
I only watch the sport of bodybuilders battling it out on stage.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »
meh who knows, although with a sex drive of less than zero I dont think I have a fondness for much in that area

A benefit of aging, no pussy is worth chasing.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
Men that wear jerseys brandishing the name of another man, are pathetic.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
I find as I give a shit less about things, sports falls into that area. Why do I care who wins or who loses? Do I know the players personally? Sure I played all sports but I dont want to be some hammerhead old man sitting on a couch thinking I know it all or giving a shit about how many yards some player who I dont give a shit about runs for. As I watched sports lately, I found it boring and pretty fucking useless.  I find other things in my personal life more worthwhile than watching some guy make 10 mill a year for hitting a ball, throwing a ball, shooting a puck or whatever. Meh, maybe Im just old.

In some ways u have a point

It's ridiculous when u see guys beating each other up, arguing and even killings. It really isn't that serious

Of course I still love sports but it doesn't take up my life like so many others

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 04:20:56 PM »
Tomorrow I know at least a few people will come up to me at work talking football. And I'll say 'asshole you know I don't give a fuck about the bills'

I know nobody in the NFL. I don't play in the NFL. Why would I give a shit? It's never made any sense to me.

Then I have to listen to people talk about what they would have done in the game. Like who the fuck are you thinking you know more then a coach of a pro team.

Then some idiot is going to be in a bad mood because their team lost.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »

ya I feel like a moron for doing that now, its like why did I do that?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »
Ever since the era of christian laetner and danny ferry i gave no fucks
A

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 05:00:37 PM »

Not unless it says "The gift"

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 05:05:15 PM »
Not unless it says "The gift"

Touché.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 05:14:41 PM »

I see no problem with watching your favorite sports... watching movies with your favorite actors ... Ect

Just don't become obsessed.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 05:18:48 PM »
Adonis and I have always agreed on this point. Watching sports is utterly pointless. There is no benefit to an individual if youre team wins or loses. I guess its fun to root for youre team and all that crap, but the obsessiveness of sport watches is ridiculous.

Understanding why people watch sports can be understand from a social psychological perspective. In other words, understanding large group dynamics. The emotional feeling of your buddies cheering along with you is enthralling. Just look at the stadium of people. No one would be involved in sports this much if it wasn't for the shared feelings of loyalty among the same people who also like your team.
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »
Adonis and I have always agreed on this point. Watching sports is utterly pointless. There is no benefit to an individual if youre team wins or loses. I guess its fun to root for youre team and all that crap, but the obsessiveness of sport watches is ridiculous.

Understanding why people watch sports can be understand from a social psychological perspective. In other words, understanding large group dynamics. The emotional feeling of your buddies cheering along with you is enthralling. Just look at the stadium of people. No one would be involved in sports this much if it wasn't for the shared feelings of loyalty among the same people who also like your team.

Is watching movies about fictional events ok in your mind ?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 05:26:39 PM »

Depends on the degree of obsessiveness, and if one can separate fiction from reality.
X

MikMaq

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 05:28:56 PM »

You can reduce any form of entertainment to its just.

That's the value of entertainment, it's simple and easily acessible.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »
Depends on the degree of obsessiveness, and if one can separate fiction from reality.

I know some people that are obsessed with fantasy football. I don't get that.

I know some people that are obsessed with certain movie series (Twilight, Marvel)

But I don't think it's bad to watch a game here or there.... Same with movies

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 05:32:28 PM »
It's fun and entertainment. Adonis likes the cooking channel. I like football, the strategy employed by the coaches, and the skill and athleticism of the players.

The guys who have their whole identity tied into their sports teams? Yes, that's pathetic.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 05:33:58 PM »
It's fun and entertainment. Adonis likes the cooking channel. I like football, the strategy employed by the coaches, and the skill and athleticism of the players.

The guys who have their whole identity tied into their sports teams? Yes, that's pathetic.

ya this is fair, a balance, as with anything is good

MikMaq

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 05:37:05 PM »
ya this is fair, a balance, as with anything is good
Your just sooky the grey cup sucked.

CFL is bullshit hope this helps.

You have the poor luck of being in the heart land of such a bullshit league.

Only in canda could we emulated the biggest sports league on the planet, and yet copy none of the parts that actually make it interesting.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 05:39:14 PM »
Your just sooky the grey cup sucked.

CFL is bullshit hope this helps.

You have the poor luck of being in the heart land of such a bullshit league.

Only in canda could we emulated the biggest sports league on the planet, and yet copy none of the parts that actually make it interesting.

On the life of my dog I have never seen a CFL game in my life
I recognized early it is not a professional sport

please stay out of my threads, you promote rape as being ok

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 05:40:08 PM »

Nah, plenty of fans appreciate sports outside of group dynamics.  There's nothing wrong with appreciating, and being entertained, by elite performers playing at the highest levels of the game.  It's......fun.
Y

MikMaq

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
On the life of my dog I have never seen a CFL game in my life
I recognized early it is not a professional sport

I apoligize .

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »

I know some people that are obsessed with fantasy football. I don't get that.

I know some people that are obsessed with certain movie series (Twilight, Marvel)

But I don't think it's bad to watch a game here or there.... Same with movies

That is why I added the qualified of obsessiveness.
X