Author Topic: Does Crystal lite count???  (Read 2328 times)

4thAD

Does Crystal lite count???
« on: May 30, 2006, 07:40:12 PM »
Towards your consumption of 1-2 gallons of water daily,or does it need to be pure water?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Does Crystal lite count???
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 07:57:26 PM »
Towards your consumption of 1-2 gallons of water daily,or does it need to be pure water?
of course it counts, you mix the powder with water don't you?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 08:27:20 PM »

Yah, but it's loaded with apartame which has it's own issues which aren't favorable  :-\
:

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 06:14:22 AM »

Yah, but it's loaded with apartame which has it's own issues which aren't favorable  :-\

Hey Princess, can you elaborate on this? I have been drinking this stuff like crazy for the past few years. It is pretty much the only thing we drink at home. It is quick and easy and tastes pretty good.

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 06:50:35 AM »
Well dieting I live on the stuff.  I also mix it with diet jello to make make excellent popsicles.  I cut this product out 10 days before a show as it does hold a little water.

mopar_freak

• Getbig II
mish1234
so hot

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 11:17:56 AM »

Skip Lacour drinks 5 gallons of water a day.  He says he couldn't possibly do this if he didn't mix the water with Crystal Lite.  He says it adds up to about 100 calories a day just from Crystal Lite alone(5 calories per serving), but he says these extra calories are well worth the benefits of drinking all that water. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 11:33:30 AM »

Personally, I believe all the evils about aspartame, saccharine and sucralose are just a bunch of bull.  Saccharine has been around since what, the early 70s?  This alone should be a testament to it's safety.  I personally consume Splenda and products with Splenda in large amounts and I have not experienced a single side effect.  As for Aspartame:

How safe is Aspartame?
http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=79

What's the scoop on aspartame?
http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=3039

I hear a lot of conflicting information about aspartame. What's the deal? Is it bad for you?
http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=1159

Explanation of artificial sweeteners and the differences between them
http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=834

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 06:07:06 PM »
Skip Lacour drinks 5 gallons of water a day.  He says he couldn't possibly do this if he didn't mix the water with Crystal Lite.  He says it adds up to about 100 calories a day just from Crystal Lite alone(5 calories per serving), but he says these extra calories are well worth the benefits of drinking all that water. 
According to his website he drinks 3 gallons a day. 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 06:11:09 PM »
everything is ok in moderation, i wouldn't live on that shit but yeah it counts as water consumption.
bodybuildersreality.com

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 06:27:29 PM »
how you consume the water is up to you, as long as you do it
big or bust

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 07:17:59 PM »
According to his website he drinks 3 gallons a day. 

According to one of his nutrition books, he drinks 5 gallons a day, but I'm sure his amounts change depending on whether his training for competition or not.  I normally drink 1.5 gallons a day.  Toward the end of my pre-contest diet, I easily drink 3.5 gallons a day.  This is mainly because the amounts of carbs have been gradually reduced and carbs have water.  So I have to replace that water some how so I don't get dehydrated.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 09:02:08 PM »

Yah, but it's loaded with aspartame which has it's own issues which aren't favorable[/bold]  :-\

I should've rephrased that to say "but it's loaded with aspartame which comes with it's own controversies"

Personally, I'm not for or against it (keep  it in moderation like everything else) ~ I've yet to see any real science behind all the media hype on it's detremental effects.
:

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 11:37:58 AM »
Risk with pure H20 is 0.  The risk with the others is unknown.  My personal choice is to opt for the latter (1.5-2 gals/day).

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 11:38:44 AM »
Correction, I opt for the former (water) not the latter...