Author Topic: How much DHEA converts to Androstenedione?  (Read 9699 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
How much DHEA converts to Androstenedione?
« on: June 19, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »
I haven't been able to find the exact answer online. The closet data I have is from my magazines from the late 90s.

Specifically, it's issue 188 of MuscleMag International (Feb 1998). It cites Bill Phillps of EAS fame and a guy named James Bradshaw from IronMan, claiming that it takes 300 mg of DHEA to make 100 mg of androstenedione.

A website called "House of Muscle" sells DHEA at 300 mg dose per capsule, also claiming that such is the dose for DHEA to really work.

Since I'm able to get DHEA cheap, I figure there's no point of spending outrageous cash on other DHEA-based supplements.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: How much DHEA converts to Androstenedione?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 01:57:40 AM »
Admittedly, I'm not well-read on the topic of DHEA.
However, I believe it's a little unpredictable with regards to how and what our bodies do with it during conversion. In fact, I think that's the reason I never pursued looking into it more closely.

You may want to try posting this question on the Steroid board.

Better yet, consider shooting Van_Bilderass a PM. The owner of that account posts some excellent knowledge on here, and seems very generous with information sharing.

OldSchoolLifter

• Getbig II
  • Hobbyist historian of strength/physique training
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:42:58 PM »
From my reading, I seem to recall that regular DHEA has a rather high rate of conversion to estrogen as well.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 06:00:22 PM »
From my reading, I seem to recall that regular DHEA has a rather high rate of conversion to estrogen as well.

In a group study DHEA showed a significant rise in DHEA, DHEAS, androstenedione and testosterone levels. There was a modest rise in estrogen, progesterone, allopregnanolone and beta-endorphin levels, and a significant drop in cortisol levels.

I've taken DHEA for many years with no bad side effects.

Yep, BB @49..dang!

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 07:53:19 PM »
[ From my reading, I seem to recall that regular DHEA has a rather high rate of conversion to estrogen as well. ]

Try using DIM to combat Estrogen.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 01:50:57 AM »
I've taken DHEA for many years with no bad side effects.

Do you feel like DHEA contributed to your prostate cancer?

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 07:08:56 PM »
[ From my reading, I seem to recall that regular DHEA has a rather high rate of conversion to estrogen as well. ]

Try using DIM to combat Estrogen.

What is DIM?