Author Topic: UFC 145 - Jones Vs Rashad Recap  (Read 12088 times)

suckmymuscle

UFC 145 - Jones Vs Rashad Recap
« on: April 21, 2012, 09:40:29 PM »
  It is pretty obvious that Rashad wanted to use the jab to set up the takedowns, and he did clinch with Jones a few times but didn't have the strength to take him down. This doomed him. With Jones' reach and athleticism, a stand-up war garanteed him the win.

Rashad's speed and power did allow him to hurt Jones. He lended a good kick to Jones's temple in the first round, and then a right overhand in the second round. But Jones' reach, athleticism and versatility and those elbows assured him the win.

I am not impressed with Jon Jones. He is very good, but not this super-dominant force people make him out to be. He is 6'5 with shoulders as wide as an oarsman and an 84" reach, and yet he couldn't finish a 5'11 man with a 76" reach.

Based on what I saw, he would get devoured at the HW division by guys like JDS, Overeem and Cain Velasquez

SUCKMYMUSCLE.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
Re: Jones Vs Rashad Recap.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »
Yeah, but he's not fighting in the heavyweights.  That makes all the difference.

ecto2meso

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »
^^^this exactly, they have different weight classes for a reason

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »
Yeah, but he's not fighting in the heavyweights.  That makes all the difference.

Exactly. It's a good tactic to be 6'5 with an 84" reach and fight at a lower weight class than you own, and then carb deplete for 2 months to make 205 lbs, then step onstage with a real lean body mass 20 lbs to 30 lbs greater than your opponent with the 10" greater reach. Brilliant strategy to get easy wins.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 10:58:33 PM »
 Exactly. It's a good tactic to be 6'5 with an 84" reach and fight at a lower weight class than you own, and then carb deplete for 2 months to make 205 lbs, then step onstage with a real lean body mass 20 lbs to 30 lbs greater than your opponent with the 10" greater reach. Brilliant strategy to get easy wins.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

this is the truth.  Personally I think jon jones is a coward for not fighting at heavyweight - he was so much bigger than rashad it was ridiculous.
I dont like twinks.

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »
  It is pretty obvious that Rashad wanted to use the jab to set up the takedowns, and he did clinch with Jones a few times but didn't have the strength to take him down. This doomed him. With Jones' reach and athleticism, a stand-up war garanteed him the win.

Rashad's speed and power did allow him to hurt Jones. He lended a good kick to Jones's temple in the first round, and then a right overhand in the second round. But Jones' reach, athleticism and versatility and those elbows assured him the win.

I am not impressed with Jon Jones. He is very good, but not this super-dominant force people make him out to be. He is 6'5 with shoulders as wide as an oarsman and an 84" reach, and yet he couldn't finish a 5'11 man with a 76" reach.

Based on what I saw, he would get devoured at the HW division by guys like JDS, Overeem and Cain Velasquez

SUCKMYMUSCLE.

You are an idiot.  Jones has destroyed everyone at 205. He does have flaws, but has improved in every fight. He is not at his full potential yet.

Who can beat Jones at 205?

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 11:04:51 PM »
this is the truth.  Personally I think jon jones is a coward for not fighting at heavyweight - he was so much bigger than rashad it was ridiculous.

Anyone that makes weight at weigh-ins is legit. End of discussion. Walking around at 230 is not a true HW.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 11:41:36 PM »
he looks like a swimmer

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 11:54:40 PM »
You are an idiot.  Jones has destroyed everyone at 205. He does have flaws, but has improved in every fight. He is not at his full potential yet.

I love these posts that start with "you are an idiot" and then following that there is absolutely no intelligent critique at all of anything you have said.

You want to see an idiot? Look in a mirror...

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 12:54:24 AM »

don't know. possibly dan henderson? i know if hendo connects with jones's questionable chin it will be lights out for him..other than that maybe the swedish guy
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 12:57:17 AM »

he didn't improve in my eyes. he got a decision win and played it safe most of the fight using his reach....holding hands ect. he is a great athlete no question but he is not a top FIGHTER that finishes fights.
irongearco.com

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 02:19:40 AM »
don't know. possibly dan henderson? i know if hendo connects with jones's questionable chin it will be lights out for him..other than that maybe the swedish guy

x2

That would be a fight I'd like to see.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 02:24:03 AM »
x2

That would be a fight I'd like to see.

from what i read hendo wants it also. dana has already promised  hendo  a shot  at the title. he even gets to chose to fight the winner of silva sonnen or jones. man i wish i saved that article
irongearco.com

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Now you are seriously talking out of your ass.  No one..and I mean, NO ONE "carb depletes" for 2 mos.   ::)  The only time I have seen or even heard of a fighter 'depleting' is a week MAYBE 2 out of a fight.  Just so you know, I actually treated guys like Jamie Varner, Ryan Bader, Joe Riggs, and one of Anthony Pettis' coaches....just to name a few.   NOT ONE ever mentioned about carb depleting for that long.  Now, I can accept that they clean up their diet...but not 'carb depleting'

suckmymuscle

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
Now you are seriously talking out of your ass.  No one..and I mean, NO ONE "carb depletes" for 2 mos.  The only time I have seen or even heard of a fighter 'depleting' is a week MAYBE 2 out of a fight.  Just so you know, I actually treated guys like Jamie Varner, Ryan Bader, Joe Riggs, and one of Anthony Pettis' coaches....just to name a few.   NOT ONE ever mentioned about carb depleting for that long.  Now, I can accept that they clean up their diet...but not 'carb depleting'

Wrong. Jon Jones has to carb deplete to make 205 lbs, because he is so big. He even calls it the "Tiger Blood Diet"(plagiarizing Charlie Sheen) where he eats nothing but raw fish and vegetables until the weight-in. He has to lose not only a lot of bodyfat but also the water stored with glycogen inside the muscles to make 205 lbs. His opponents don't need to carb deplete to make 205 lbs because they have a lot less muscle, so they can make 205 lbs despite all the glycogen and water stored inside muscle.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 10:52:27 AM »
Hendo has the best chance to put Jones on his ass.
And I think Rashads headkick in the first round scared the toughguy right out of Jones. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 02:28:56 PM »
Jones is boring.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »
  Wrong. Jon Jones has to carb deplete to make 205 lbs, because he is so big. He even calls it the "Tiger Blood Diet"(plagiarizing Charlie Sheen) where he eats nothing but raw fish and vegetables until the weight-in. He has to lose not only a lot of bodyfat but also the water stored with glycogen inside the muscles to make 205 lbs. His opponents don't need to carb deplete to make 205 lbs because they have a lot less muscle, so they can make 205 lbs despite all the glycogen and water stored inside muscle.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Thats not carb depleting.  Thats low carb dieting.  I won't even get into a schooling you on the metabolic process of low carb dieting.

Oh, and its a WEIGH IN not 'weight in'. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 08:39:21 PM »
Thats not carb depleting.  Thats low carb dieting.  I won't even get into a schooling you on the metabolic process of low carb dieting.

Oh, and its a WEIGH IN not 'weight in'.  

What the fuck is the difference between carb depleting and going on a low carb diet, idiot? That's what happens when you go on a low carb diet: you carb deplete.

de·plete
   [dih-pleet]

verb (used with object), de·plet·ed, de·plet·ing.
to decrease seriously or exhaust the abundance or supply of: The fire had depleted the game in the forest. Extravagant spending soon depleted his funds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin:
1800–10;  < Latin dēplētus  empty (past participle of dēplēre  to empty out), equivalent to dē- de-  + plē ( re ) to fill  + -tus  past participle suffix

Related forms
de·plet·a·ble, adjective

de·ple·tion, noun

de·ple·tive, de·ple·to·ry  [dih-plee-tuh-ree] Show IPA, adjective

non·de·plet·a·ble, adjective

non·de·ple·tion, noun

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 09:26:53 PM »
 What the fuck is the difference between carb depleting and going on a low carb diet, idiot? That's what happens when you go on a low

Perhaps you should follow your own advice dipshit:

I love these posts that start with "you are an idiot" and then following that there is absolutely no intelligent critique at all of anything you have said.
  You want to see an idiot? Look in a mirror...

Simply asking the difference between the two means you don't know the difference.  Showing the definition of 'deplete' doesn't support your statement.

Here is a tidbit for you....braniac  ::)

The human body is able to store carbohydrates for energy use in the liver and the muscles in the form of a substance known as glycogen. This carbohydrate store is basically human "starch" and is able to be quickly broken down to fuel the muscles during high intensity exercise (muscle glycogen) and to maintain blood glucose levels (liver glycogen). In the unloaded/non-carbohydrate saturated state, an untrained individual consuming an average diet (45% carbohydrate) is able to store approximately 100 grams (g) of glycogen in the liver, whereas muscle is able to store about 280g.

Remember also that muscle glycogen is committed to be used by muscle and cannot assist in maintaining blood sugar levels. Therefore should no additional carbohydrate be ingested during prolonged exercise, the task of maintaining blood glucose levels rests firmly on the liver’s glycogen stores and gluconeogenesis (the manufacturing of glucose from plasma amino acids). Oxidation of blood glucose at 70-80% VO2 max is about 1.0 g/min or about 60 g/hour. Therefore it can be predicted that even with full glycogen stores, a less conditioned athlete’s liver will be depleted of its carbohydrate within and hour and three quarters of continuous moderate intensity exercise. (Interestingly, the daily carbohydrate requirements of the brain and nervous system alone are enough to deplete the liver glycogen stores within 24 hours.) Once liver glycogen levels begin to drop and exercise continues the body becomes increasingly hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) mainly because blood glucose is depleted faster than it is replaced by gluconeogenesis. Professor Tim Noakes considers liver glycogen depletion and subsequent hypoglycemia to be the primary factors affecting fatigue and performance during extended duration races and especially in instances where muscle glycogen levels are low as well.

Please step back before I have to hand your ass to you even further....

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
from what i saw in the fight was evans not having enough skill to get in the inside and have his way

jones used his reach and fukd up evans plain and simple.

if you want to defeat jones all you have to do is get inside and stay inside.

evans had his chances on the inside but didnt know what to do like a dope

and all this bitching about weight and reach is pointless

this is mma and in mma there is a million ways to get inside.

his reach is long yes but you can get in if you know what your doing.

weight is not an issue because if you use the excuse "he weighs more then me" you should be ashamed to call yourself a fighter

suckmymuscle

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »
Perhaps you should follow your own advice dipshit:

Simply asking the difference between the two means you don't know the difference.  Showing the definition of 'deplete' doesn't support your statement.

Here is a tidbit for you....braniac

The human body is able to store carbohydrates for energy use in the liver and the muscles in the form of a substance known as glycogen. This carbohydrate store is basically human "starch" and is able to be quickly broken down to fuel the muscles during high intensity exercise (muscle glycogen) and to maintain blood glucose levels (liver glycogen). In the unloaded/non-carbohydrate saturated state, an untrained individual consuming an average diet (45% carbohydrate) is able to store approximately 100 grams (g) of glycogen in the liver, whereas muscle is able to store about 280g.

Remember also that muscle glycogen is committed to be used by muscle and cannot assist in maintaining blood sugar levels. Therefore should no additional carbohydrate be ingested during prolonged exercise, the task of maintaining blood glucose levels rests firmly on the liver’s glycogen stores and gluconeogenesis (the manufacturing of glucose from plasma amino acids). Oxidation of blood glucose at 70-80% VO2 max is about 1.0 g/min or about 60 g/hour. Therefore it can be predicted that even with full glycogen stores, a less conditioned athlete’s liver will be depleted of its carbohydrate within and hour and three quarters of continuous moderate intensity exercise. (Interestingly, the daily carbohydrate requirements of the brain and nervous system alone are enough to deplete the liver glycogen stores within 24 hours.) Once liver glycogen levels begin to drop and exercise continues the body becomes increasingly hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) mainly because blood glucose is depleted faster than it is replaced by gluconeogenesis. Professor Tim Noakes considers liver glycogen depletion and subsequent hypoglycemia to be the primary factors affecting fatigue and performance during extended duration races and especially in instances where muscle glycogen levels are low as well.

Please step back before I have to hand your ass to you even further....

Ugh...and how does this exactly disprove that carb depletion is analogous for low a carb diet since a low carb diet, by definition, causes carb depletion, idiot?

You are only owning yourself, moron. What you posted in no way disproves what I am saying. I am actually embarassed for you.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 11:14:16 PM »
Hendo has the best chance to put Jones on his ass.
And I think Rashads headkick in the first round scared the toughguy right out of Jones. ;)

i noticed that kick also. i was thinking wow that rocked him and it didn;t even seem flush. now if hendo hits solid its lights out for jones.
like its been said jones chin has never been tested..i have a suspicion that its weak
irongearco.com

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 05:32:35 AM »
 Ugh...and how does this exactly disprove that carb depletion is analogous for low a carb diet since a low carb diet, by definition, causes carb depletion, idiot?

You are only owning yourself, moron. What you posted in no way disproves what I am saying. I am actually embarassed for you.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Geezus you are retarded...let me be very clear and slow.  Just because a low carb diet causes depletion, does not mean that your body will continue to deplete carbs while on a "low carb diet".  You will never, EVER, get 100% depleted from carbohydrates.  What I posted (if you actually had the mental capacity to understand) is that in a very short period of time, the normal trained individual will be in a "depleted" state once carbs are removed.  It doesn't take TWO MONTHS to do so. 

If you persist in continuing, please prove how a body will continue to 'deplete' carbs after say, 72hrs when consuming only meat and vegetables?  Show the proof that all muscle glycogen as well as liver glycogen can be "depleted".  Once you enter what is typically considered a "depleted" state....you maintain that state.  Thats it.  Your body will maintain minimums.

Please shut your pie hole on this.....owning you again, just like the Reagan assassination attempt.  Which, you have NEVER admitted you were wrong on....because you know damn well you fucked up.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 06:58:30 AM »
i was hoping for a more exciting fight from jones and evans but sometimes these things happen, i thought wonderboy vs the immortal was one of the best fights ive seen in awhile
R