Author Topic: CBD oil for injuries?  (Read 9206 times)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
CBD oil for injuries?
« on: November 04, 2019, 10:24:21 PM »
Anyone tried this stuff? Is it legit or is it an expensive placebo?

My elbow is so fucked up I can't extend my arm properly anymore - either tennis elbow or bursitis, I don't know which. Can't bench, can't press, can't dip, no triceps work at all....I'm getting therapy but I'd like to help it along if possible.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: CBD oil for injuries?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 01:58:36 AM »
I've heard of folks swearing by it, and others calling it bunk. I know there's a big problem getting the real stuff vs. fake/bunk stuff.
(When something takes off like it did, the scammers come out in full force).
I hear from many  that cbdistillery is the place for real stuff. Havent tried from them though...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 02:06:46 AM »
I use it for moderate pain relief from shoulder chronic tendonitis.
For acute pain cases i found it to be useless. Diclofenac will do a much better job.
I believe that due to its claimed lesser toxicity it has a place in long term usage for moderate pain and inflamation relief

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 03:17:22 AM »
If you have tennis elbow or whatnot you need to rest the arm.

Take up a new hobby like reading books for awhile.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 04:49:36 AM »
DMSO, look it up. Use it 3-4x a day, helped me with my ankle issues a couple of weeks ago.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 05:19:15 AM »
DMSO, look it up. Use it 3-4x a day, helped me with my ankle issues a couple of weeks ago.

Causes goat-breath though, no??

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 05:30:14 AM »
Causes goat-breath though, no??

I didn’t notice anything. Have read that some people have though. Maybe if u take it orally, don’t know.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 07:40:51 AM »
I wanted to like it but CBD oil did sweet fawk all for anything I have ever taken it for!!! Save your $$$$$$$$$$

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 08:15:38 AM »
If you have tennis elbow or whatnot you need to rest the arm.

Take up a new hobby like reading books for awhile.
some things pointing to light, meaning very light resistance training helps tendons and ligaments healing faster.

like light rubberband resistance 100+ reps type. bloodflow to the tendon => more nutrition to heal the tendon.

ofcourse not the first few weeks, but in the rehab phase after that.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 09:27:41 AM »
I know a girl who says this shit works.

How exactly is the CBD getting into the body? Just putting something in oil and expecting it to enter the bloodstream? Why don't we just rub test cyp on our arms then?

Idiots.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »
CBD comes in  creams , oils and roll on's. Also oral drops taken under the tongue.

I was a bit doubtful at first, but hearing some of the results from family, friends and even athletic training centers, I'm becoming somewhat convinced.

Seems to reduce pain, but if you have a complete tendon rupture/tear for example, it's not going to heal that. That will require surgery.  But with a minor rupture it appears that it may aid in healing at a faster pace than most any other lotions, creams, etc. And reduce pain. Getting into the blood capillaries, it does appear to work well, Don't need a lot of the stuff, lightly massage into the area is what most people do. For general muscle soreness, some athletes and regular people, give it a thumbs up.

Taking it orally, with a dropper  under the tongue,  insures that it enters the blood stream quickly. And the best way of seeing that it gets into the blood stream totally.  People rave about the affects they are getting, less pain, and a feeling of better health and motivation. I'll have to take their word for it, not trying it myself. But a lot of good claims of the benefits of the under the tongue method.

Just to note:  CBD and Hemp oil are different products. CBD has the THC (the get you high/mellow stuff) removed when processed from the Hemp plant.  Hemp oil has very low levels of CBD and that's the stuff you want.

Might suggest doing some searches on CBD if interested. And also the grade and prices. They can go from very bad to very good grades. See if any CBD  product have a lab research seal on them, for a start. Lot of CBD scams out there.
F

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 02:09:41 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

Just a bit of background. Elbow pain is most likely caused by long standing rotator cuff problems. Working on them.

Wasn't thinking topical so much as ingestible cbd - caps or oil. Will check into DMSO also.

Much appreciated guys - thank you.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 02:38:29 PM »
Under the tongue drops will be your best bet for near complete absorption into the tissue/blood. Also have gummy CBD's.

With the dropper you can adjust the amounts of the CBD.  If you have a 1oz bottle of 1000mg, you might want to try half that dose to 500mg and see how the body reacts. Everyone is different and some may not need a full dose.

A couple of guys I personally know have a CDB bottle in their gym bag. They take a hit after workouts and just started doing that last week. Interesting  to see what results, if any, may happen.

CBD works very well on older people, of what I have read. Relief of pain and a better all around feeling better. Work a try, I guess.
F

rayshow

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 11:39:50 AM »
The best thing you can do is trying a few proven CBD clones and also other different strains and find out what works best for you. Girl Scout Cookie strain works best for me (https://www.fvkasa.org/strain/girl-scout-cookies).

Each one is different, so what works for me doesn't need to work for you, even if you have the same issue.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 12:08:29 PM »
Anyone tried this stuff? Is it legit or is it an expensive placebo?

My elbow is so fucked up I can't extend my arm properly anymore - either tennis elbow or bursitis, I don't know which. Can't bench, can't press, can't dip, no triceps work at all....I'm getting therapy but I'd like to help it along if possible.

CORTISONE injection for tennis elbow, visit sport MD !.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 12:22:45 PM »
Real cbd from dispensaries is legit.The stuff you buy online or at the local store is bullshit.Yes it works for all kinda of issues.I take it for anxiety,sleep and I get cbd cream and put on my shoulders and lower back and it definitely is noticeable.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 09:53:36 PM »

Just a bit of background. Elbow pain is most likely caused by long standing rotator cuff problems. Working on them.

Wasn't thinking topical so much as ingestible cbd - caps or oil. Will check into DMSO also.

DMSO does work but its extremely potent in transferring any substance or chemical in contact with it into the skin. Make sure your hands are clean and you don't touch anything else like plastic or dyed fabric etc.

DMSO alone undiluted burns the skin, so I would first put castor oil on the area first, which will also be absorbed to help inflammation. Sometimes I would also rub aspirin over the oil to increase absorbtion locally.

However, what worked best for me was acupuncture.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 10:31:29 PM »
CBD oil for:

Insomnia
Cancer
Bad muffler
No cash
Pink eye
Stink eye
Weak beer
Sick dog
Bad cabinets
Dirty refrigerator

::)
a

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 11:23:54 AM »
If you can't get it from a legit medical marijuana dispensary then just save your money.

I've always found the creams to be better than any other kind of method of delivery.  For pain that is.  I guess the oral drops or gummies would be better for helping with sleep or anxiety.  I don't know.  I didn't use it for that.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
CBD oil for:

Insomnia
Cancer
Bad muffler
No cash
Pink eye
Stink eye
Weak beer
Sick dog
Bad cabinets
Dirty refrigerator

::)

No Cash - You Say Damn I’d Better Get a load of it ASAP.
Thanks for the Advises

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 02:38:38 PM »

If you haven't already get your back / neck / arms taken care of. All of the elbow problems I was facing vanished after taking care of neck / shoulder and forearm region.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2020, 05:22:28 PM »
Topical solutions of cbd yielded no help for me. Inhaling has helped with some anxiety. Nothing else note worthy.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 08:22:15 PM »

I've had 7 cortisone injections through the years. Sometimes it has been the magic cure for me. It can be dangerous for connective tissue because it can weaken it. Now this is bro science but I think with age and decades of training tendons and ligaments can become tough and inflexible that is prone to tears. Cortisone drastically takes out inflammation and makes connective tissue pliable again. It doesn't work well for a lot of problems but when it works it's a miracle. I had plantar fascitis so bad I could barely walk. One shot cured it and it never returned. I had a bad shoulder years ago and a doc shot my shoulder up and it was drastically better. Now my shoulder hurts and sounds like it's grinding and this surgeon said he won't do cortisone because it weaken tendons and I lift weights.   I think if you get repeated shots it can happen but getting a shot or two as needed can work wonders. Some say it's a temporary fix but I disagree. Naturally it's not going to repair a torn tendon, ligament or labrum. 

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 03:49:58 AM »

Coritisone is one of the worst things to put in your body and will eat what ever soft tissue you have left. If your planning on replacing the joint at some point anyway it will give you relief instantly but you’ll keep needing a shot sooner and sooner till the joint needs to be replaced.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2020, 03:54:10 AM »
I've had 7 cortisone injections through the years. Sometimes it has been the magic cure for me. It can be dangerous for connective tissue because it can weaken it. Now this is bro science but I think with age and decades of training tendons and ligaments can become tough and inflexible that is prone to tears. Cortisone drastically takes out inflammation and makes connective tissue pliable again. It doesn't work well for a lot of problems but when it works it's a miracle. I had plantar fascitis so bad I could barely walk. One shot cured it and it never returned. I had a bad shoulder years ago and a doc shot my shoulder up and it was drastically better. Now my shoulder hurts and sounds like it's grinding and this surgeon said he won't do cortisone because it weaken tendons and I lift weights.   I think if you get repeated shots it can happen but getting a shot or two as needed can work wonders. Some say it's a temporary fix but I disagree. Naturally it's not going to repair a torn tendon, ligament or labrum. 

Only reason it worked for the plantar fasciitis is because you only got one shot. It prob masked the pain till it healed. If you got more than that no doubt you would need Surgury at some point