Author Topic: FLORIAN VERSUS PENN  (Read 1673 times)

chixlegs

• Getbig III
FLORIAN VERSUS PENN
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:15:31 AM »
I didn't realize Ken-Flo actually has just as many wins as B.J. and also has a better record.  Either way I have been picking Ken-Flo to win this fight all along and the closer it gets, the more I believe Ken-Flo will win in dramatic fashion.

BJ's last three Lightweight fights.....pulver (has been), stevenson (not that good), and sherk (quality fighter), haven't overly impressed me.    I think its time to put Baby James to bed.  Rock-a-bye baby.  :D

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: FLORIAN VERSUS PENN
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 06:58:50 AM »
yup another person i hope that gets destryoed by knock out or sub.  I hope he then retires, stfu, and stays his ass on the islad and runs his school and mahi mahi hawaiin fish n' chips franchise like all the other people that try to open one.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:15:17 AM »
BJ's win against Joe-Daddy was a bit lucky too IMO.

BJ was gassing pretty bad in the second round. If it wouldn't have been for that cut I think Joe-Daddy would've won by virtue of just hanging on into the later rounds.

There BJ "No Heart" Penn would have been mauled.

As empty as paradise

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »
BJ will lose this fight - he's been too busy sucking his mommy's tit to train

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 04:53:04 PM »
BJ by TKO RD 2.....

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 03:51:30 AM »
this fight between kenflo and bj will be decided on the feet imo, i give the ground advantage to penn but just slightly, also i dont think it will stay on the ground to long even if it does go there. i think both guys bjj will be so close in skill that no man will get any real dominate position, and if they manage to get a dominate position i believe the other would squirm out of it and get back to half guard or even full guard.kenflo is a hard man to keep down even for a great bjj champion like penn, to be honest kenflos muay thai has evolved so much in the last year its a hard call to make on who,s got the edge in the standup. last year or so i would have said penn but now im not sure, but bj is a beast in that weight class and as great as kenflo is i think id have to pick bj for the win with a rd 5 stoppage by gnp
R

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 09:05:01 AM »
this fight between kenflo and bj will be decided on the feet imo, i give the ground advantage to penn but just slightly, also i dont think it will stay on the ground to long even if it does go there. i think both guys bjj will be so close in skill that no man will get any real dominate position, and if they manage to get a dominate position i believe the other would squirm out of it and get back to half guard or even full guard.kenflo is a hard man to keep down even for a great bjj champion like penn, to be honest kenflos muay thai has evolved so much in the last year its a hard call to make on who,s got the edge in the standup. last year or so i would have said penn but now im not sure, but bj is a beast in that weight class and as great as kenflo is i think id have to pick bj for the win with a rd 5 stoppage by gnp

You honestly think BJ can go 5 rounds? Come on bro. You know as well as I do BJ hasn't gone 5 rounds since Caol Uno in 2003 and he was dying by the end of the 3rd.............

Five rounds against Kenflo who can legitimately go 5 rounds? No way.

Kenflo by stoppage at the end of the 2nd because the arrogant, pudgy bastard can't continue because BJ's mom tells BJ she has Campbell's soup in the dressing room and she has an in with Keith Kizer of the NSAC and Kenflo will be disqualified for excessive sweating...........

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 06:02:35 PM »
B.J.'s shot !

GSP ruined him !

he now knows how to quit (which is'nt good)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 09:00:55 PM »
I hate BJ- but i dont see him losing this fight. BJ by TKO.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 08:52:24 AM »
Ken-BLo's last three wins were against solid competition, but other than that he hasn't really done much when you compare him to BJ's resume, BJ has fought at 155, 170, 185, and even 205.  Bj probably came the closest to beating Lyoto Machida.  He has more fights against solid competition than Ken blo.  That doesnt mean Kenny can't win this fight, I can see kenny dragging the fight on by getting on his bicycle and running away like he did against Roger Huerta, but even that is unlikely because Bj has way better timing and boxing technique than Roger does, so every time he decides to pop in with a strike or two, he runs a risk of Bj clipping him with something.  As far as the ground is concerned, Kenny should avoid that if he knows whats good for him. 
Predictions
 40/61

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 06:00:41 PM »
I'd like to see Florian win. I think if he works BJ hard he can get him gassed and knock him out a few rounds in

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 09:43:06 PM »
Ken-BLo's last three wins were against solid competition, but other than that he hasn't really done much when you compare him to BJ's resume, BJ has fought at 155, 170, 185, and even 205.  Bj probably came the closest to beating Lyoto Machida.  He has more fights against solid competition than Ken blo.  That doesnt mean Kenny can't win this fight, I can see kenny dragging the fight on by getting on his bicycle and running away like he did against Roger Huerta, but even that is unlikely because Bj has way better timing and boxing technique than Roger does, so every time he decides to pop in with a strike or two, he runs a risk of Bj clipping him with something.  As far as the ground is concerned, Kenny should avoid that if he knows whats good for him. 

No....BJ did not come the closest to beating Lyoto Machida. K1 fighter Sam Greco got very close..

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 12:10:40 AM »
BJ will be back at lightweight and he will have something to prove, not just to the fans but to himself.  That means lights out for KenFlo no matter how hard he works in the gym for it.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 12:43:15 AM »
BJ will be back at lightweight and he will have something to prove, not just to the fans but to himself.  That means lights out for KenFlo no matter how hard he works in the gym for it.

agreed, kenflo just happens to be the one who,s gonna feel the wrath of a mean bj, bj knows that a loss to kenflo would be 2 back to back losses and bj,s not having that. i realize that bj,s loss to gsp was out of bj,s weight class but its a loss nonetheless, and bj,s determined to beat kenflo down and put the greasegate thing behind him, i hope he puts the greasegate thing behind him anyway. i think if bj drops the greasegate thing and gets afew impressive title defenses under his belt, little by little the greasegate thing will start to fade out
R

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 08:11:31 AM »
If Florian greases, BJ will be entitled to grip his chest hair  ;D

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 10:03:58 AM »
No....BJ did not come the closest to beating Lyoto Machida. K1 fighter Sam Greco got very close..

I saw that fight, apparently the one judge who gave it to Greco didn't.  I don't think Greco landed one strike of any significance at all, basically he threw leg kicks the whole fight.  Lyoto had Greco on his back for a good portion of the fight, even getting mount at least twice.  Greco stopped a takedown and avoided a sub, hardly justifies him getting the nod on a scorecard.
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
If Florian greases, BJ will be entitled to grip his chest hair  ;D

I have inside info that's telling me B.J. plans on spending the first 5 minutes of the fight running around the cage and spraying Ken flo down really good just in case...

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »
I saw that fight, apparently the one judge who gave it to Greco didn't.  I don't think Greco landed one strike of any significance at all, basically he threw leg kicks the whole fight.  Lyoto had Greco on his back for a good portion of the fight, even getting mount at least twice.  Greco stopped a takedown and avoided a sub, hardly justifies him getting the nod on a scorecard.

Nonsense. It was a split dec. I saw the fight too. And by the way....strikes (including leg kicks) counts too not only grappling. I think Machida won the fight, but the judge awarding to Greco also had merits.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 08:38:07 AM »
I saw the fight too. And by the way....strikes (including leg kicks) counts too not only grappling.

Notice I said "threw" leg kicks the whole fight, not "land".  Strikes count when they land, Machida actually landed several straight left hands as Greco was kicking air.
Predictions
 40/61