Author Topic: UNIFORMED military Donors,boots on the ground, Support OBAMA more than MCCAIN,  (Read 1105 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Yep alot are retired Military...we know how that will go don't we.
Yep.

The Caucus | A New York Times
October 17, 2008, 5:33 pm

By Leslie Wayne

Senator John McCain has pulled slightly ahead of Senator Barack Obama in campaign contributions from military donors. But what set Mr. McCain over the top were donations that came from people working for the Department of Defense.
When it comes to the uniformed military, Mr. Obama is still ahead.

The Center for Responsive Politics, which analyzes campaign finance data, reports that a surge of donations for Mr. McCain in the final months he was able to accept campaign contributions moved him into the lead. By the end of August, Mr. McCain received $461,350 from military donors to $450,950 for Mr. Obama.

One of the interesting trends of the election was that anti-war candidates, not only Mr. Obama but also Ron Paul, were getting more support from the uniformed military than hawkish Mr. McCain. That remains the case. Mr. Obama received $340,400 from members of the uniformed service branches compared to $321,500 for Mr. McCain. Mr. Paul had taken in $213,000 from uniformed service members.

The report also shows that Mr. Obama also is ahead of Mr. McCain in military donors with overseas addresses, both those working for the Department of Defense as well as members of the uniformed services. A total of $74,650 came in for Mr. Obama from those posted overseas to $16,600 for Mr. McCain.

Mr. McCain, who served in the military for many years and was a Vietnam P.O.W., is wellknown for his tussles in Congress with the Pentagon over cost overruns on weapon systems. But the Department of Defense is among his top twenty donors. And, as a Navy man, Mr. McCain got support from donors in the Army, which also made Mr. McCain’s top twenty list of donors.

No group of military donors appeared among Mr. Obama’s top twenty. But that was because the amounts that Mr. Obama raised are so large that the military donations, as a group, were not large enough to make his list.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Army Times Poll on Presidential Race
Source: http://www.militarytimes.com/static/projects/pages/081003_ep_2pp.pdf

Feel free to admit u have ZERO clue.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

I don`t see a date on that. Plus it proves nothing in hard fact.

I am using actual DATA from the FEC on monetary donations.  Your chart does not have a date, and it is question and answer-"Who will you likely vote for".

The money on the other hand, clearly shows that Uniformed Military members support Obama monetairly over MCCAIN.

This cannot be disputed.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Dude....the fact is that we're going to vote overwhlemingly for McCain...I don't care that Obama got 40 grand more from somebody. Its not my chart, that chart is from a polling news organization. U want to say that Obama is more popular then McCain...well guess what U would be hard pressed to find more then 1 or 2 Obama signs on a military post.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Dude....the fact is that we're going to vote overwhlemingly for McCain...I don't care that Obama got 40 grand more from somebody. Its not my chart, that chart is from a polling news organization. U want to say that Obama is more popular then McCain...well guess what U would be hard pressed to find more then 1 or 2 Obama signs on a military post.
::)

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/group/BraggforObama

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV

i'll assume you net 250,000+ per yr... huh ?  ::)

NT

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
According to his own site calculator I get nothing and thats far from my only concern with this guy.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
::)

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/group/BraggforObama

::)......ur evidence is driven by the net. Based on my earlier posts yeah 30% are voting for him....Obama needs ads like this because we're not voting for him overwhelmingly.....all their bullshit about mccain not voting for this or that, give me a break. Care to break down those bills and see the pork rolled into them. Dude..stay in ur lane...military matters are clearly not ur expertise.
L

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
According to his own site calculator I get nothing and thats far from my only concern with this guy.

That is because you're incapable of working the calculator. Don't blame Obama for your own stupidity.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Again...its pretty simple. U put in what u make and they either tell u how much ur going to save or that u get nothing. We covered this weeks ago....I imagine in Liberal Fuzzy bunny land, u can't imagine anybody not voting for Obama. And the fact that getting a tax break is not the only criteria for voting for this guy.
L

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
Again...its pretty simple. U put in what u make and they either tell u how much ur going to save or that u get nothing. We covered this weeks ago....I imagine in Liberal Fuzzy bunny land, u can't imagine anybody not voting for Obama. And the fact that getting a tax break is not the only criteria for voting for this guy.

Tell me your information.

Annual income

Filing Status

Dependents

Saving for retirement?

Child care expenses?

Outstanding balance of mortgage?

College expenses?

I'll put the info in for you.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ur kidding me right? Wow!!!!Oh man ur to much.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Oh wait....this is the Obama tax calculator 2.0...ok ur right I get 550 bucks back. Ha hah...I'll let him keep it.....McCain 08 because Obama is no choice at all.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Oh wait....this is the Obama tax calculator 2.0...ok ur right I get 550 bucks back. Ha hah...I'll let him keep it.....McCain 08 because Obama is no choice at all.
Self-Pwning.  You went this long not realizing that MCCAIN is going to tax you more than Obama. ROFLMAO.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Dude....who cares. 550 bucks....and thats Obama's calculator. When I was searching i found a ton of CPA's saying it was bullshit. The first calculator said I got nothing. I guess Obama had to change the rules. And as far as the self owned,pwned phoned..what are u 12. Ur an idiot.
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I have a question for you HH... You're going to vote for McCain I'm assuming.

Can I inquire as to what exactly about John McCain's points is BETTER for your... personally, than Obama.

I don't mean the fact that McCain served, or that he has more experience, but on exact statements about their policies... What about McCain would be better for you?

You admit you will get taxed less under Obama... So what for you specifically makes Obama a worse candidate?

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Anyone who thinks McCain or Obama won't raise taxes are morons.  This country is in fucking debt up to its eyeballs and with the big 3 liabilities of prescription drug plans, medicare/caid and Social security, not to mention the economic crisis, the wars etc.  We will see our taxes going up.  You know how many Presidents both democratic and Republican promised to cut taxes but ended up raising them.  It's either raise taxes or create another $500 billion dollar deficit. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Anyone who thinks McCain or Obama won't raise taxes are morons.  This country is in fucking debt up to its eyeballs and with the big 3 liabilities of prescription drug plans, medicare/caid and Social security, not to mention the economic crisis, the wars etc.  We will see our taxes going up.  You know how many Presidents both democratic and Republican promised to cut taxes but ended up raising them.  It's either raise taxes or create another $500 billion dollar deficit. 
bump for truth

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Bump for Roach.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Well go to camp lejune NC.. Marines... I visited my bro last week...its about even....if you dont beleive me i am more than happy to go visit my bro (obama supporter/marine recon since 96) and take pictures or you can accomany me and see all your marine brothers

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

you do have a clue and you know polling members of the military is much trickier than polling civilians and you know why.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Well go to camp lejune NC.. Marines... I visited my bro last week...its about even....if you dont beleive me i am more than happy to go visit my bro (obama supporter/marine recon since 96) and take pictures or you can accomany me and see all your marine brothers

Dude...I'm reporting on what I see on the military bases I"ve been on since the election got hot. Younger troops will vote Obama because they think he might do something for them or are taken in with the hype. I don't know nor care...but based on the numbers, the polls, the bumper stickers...a small number will vote Obama, while most will vote McCain.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Seems like they changed their minds.