Author Topic: Deca to help repair damaged tendon  (Read 10219 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: Deca to help repair damaged tendon
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »
my experience with the many injuries ive had is to make sure you dont do anything at all that agitates it in the gym, and the things that dont aggravate it, take it easy, cut your poundages in half, dont go to failure and train like a complete girl until that area feels new again

masking it with gear or anti inflammatory's  will prolong the injury, thats my experience of it anyway

I agree, with the exception of tendinitis. Tendinitis is one if those things where it is detrimental if you immediately cease all aggravating movements. With tendinitis, you've got to lower the load, but keep reps going, bringing blood and nutrients to the musculotendinous unit. Tendinitis is a bitch but youve gotta work through the pain.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »
I agree, with the exception of tendinitis. Tendinitis is one if those things where it is detrimental if you immediately cease all aggravating movements. With tendinitis, you've got to lower the load, but keep reps going, bringing blood and nutrients to the musculotendinous unit. Tendinitis is a bitch but youve gotta work through the pain.

I have a torn meniscus. With my doctor's approval, I have continued to do leg exercises to keep the muscles and tendons strong so as to not put more stress on the tear. One thing I have noticed is that my knee feels better following exercise then it does if I don't exercise it for awhile. It has adversely affected the amount of resistance I am using....some of this is probably psychological and some physical. Only masochist enjoy real pain.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 11:38:15 PM »
I might have some tendon strain or damage and am about to start some NPP so if it helps at all I will tell you guys lol.