Author Topic: So you wanna be a wrestler…  (Read 10314 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: So you wanna be a wrestler…
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 04:36:05 AM »
I cant imagine any normal woman taking a guy in his late 20's early 30's that 'wrestles' seriously... LOL, I have two friends that are semi-pro wrestlers (think ECW level) and they are both mid-late 30's women just laugh at  them when they tell them what they do in their spare time (they both have 2 jobs each to support their pro wrestling hobby) I think they make around $150-175 a match..

this is them (they're a tag team)

http://www.fleshwrestling.com/

I've been to a few of the shows, the average attendance is maybe 150-200 people, I think it's a joke and a waste of time
they tried to get me interested in it based on my physique a few years ago but it wasn't for me..

That's just it though, Cap. If they do get noticed and they do make it, they make major coin in one of the top 3 organizations. That being TNA, WWE or NJPW. Its a chance they take. If they make it, great. If not they become a Greg Kovacs....and you and I both know what happend to that mishap.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 05:29:41 AM »
LOL!!!
The last I heard of Kovacs, my buddy saw him some years back at a booth at the Arnold.
He was just sitting there, had several fans blowing on him, and sweat profusely while signing autographs.

Give me the "where are they now" update!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 08:13:10 AM »
LOL!!!
The last I heard of Kovacs, my buddy saw him some years back at a booth at the Arnold.
He was just sitting there, had several fans blowing on him, and sweat profusely while signing autographs.

Give me the "where are they now" update!
He went to the same gym as Cap & I in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. He did no more then 4 plates per side on an incline smith and max 3 plates per side on smith front presses for shoulder on a good day. No dumbells / all cable / machines. So this bullshit of him doing all these "crazy weights" was just that. Bullshit.

He is now divorced, working at some mickey mouse gym near Hamilton, Ontario making protein shakes for people. hasn't touched a weight in about 3 years and has atrophied to stage 5 palumboism.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »
He went to the same gym as Cap & I in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. He did no more then 4 plates per side on an incline smith and max 3 plates per side on smith front presses for shoulder on a good day. No dumbells / all cable / machines. So this bullshit of him doing all these "crazy weights" was just that. Bullshit.

He is now divorced, working at some mickey mouse gym near Hamilton, Ontario making protein shakes for people. hasn't touched a weight in about 3 years and has atrophied to stage 5 palumboism.

Pity, he had such a flowing physique...... ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 11:28:42 AM »
His problems really started in 1999 when he really ramped up the HGH / Inslin / IGF-1. Totally ruined what little he had and buried him. He stupid too. Muscletech was paying him 150k (plus guest posing, seminars, etc) per year to stay big and compete once per year. All he had to do was one lousy show per year. Well, NOC 2001 rolled around and we all know what happened there. It was downhill after that. He became a bum now. He has absolutely nothing to show for the last 10-15 years. No accomplishments, nothing. He made his own bed and now let him lay in it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »

ROFLMFAO!!!

Cap86?
I didn't know both of you bastards were from Ontario!
Hey, check your PM's sometime.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »
ROFLMFAO!!!

Cap86?
I didn't know both of you bastards were from Ontario!
Hey, check your PM's sometime.

Ontario is where its at brotha :)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 12:32:13 PM »

Yup, that about sums it up... his wife did EVERYTHING for him, even took the plates off the machines for the lazy bastard!!! and loaded them up, then would run around and towel him off and/or put the water bottle in his mouth between sets, laziest m*therfcker I've ever seen train, he couldn't walk 5 steps before going into mild cardiac arrest..I saw him a year or two ago around hamilton, looks HORRIBLE.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »
Yup, that about sums it up... his wife did EVERYTHING for him, even took the plates off the machines for the lazy bastard!!! and loaded them up, then would run around and towel him off and/or put the water bottle in his mouth between sets, laziest m*therfcker I've ever seen train, he couldn't walk 5 steps before going into mild cardiac arrest..I saw him a year or two ago around hamilton, looks HORRIBLE.

Lol...I saw this first hand at Treasures (a peeler joint) back in 2002. He would walk 10 ft and have to sope and lean on a chair whilst breathing heavy. lol...what a dumbass.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »
It was all worth it in the end.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2010, 11:27:33 PM »
Lol...I saw this first hand at Treasures (a peeler joint) back in 2002. He would walk 10 ft and have to sope and lean on a chair whilst breathing heavy. lol...what a dumbass.

LOL, I dated 2 girls from treasures :)

good times

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2010, 05:28:26 AM »
LOL, I dated 2 girls from treasures :)

good times

Lol.....Small world dude....small world....me too!

But I did the majority of my damage at Cannonball  ;D