Author Topic: GetBig Poll: has this physique ever been topped?  (Read 3177 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
GetBig Poll: has this physique ever been topped?
« on: January 19, 2008, 08:20:57 PM »
past or present, is Ronnie at the 99 olympia prejudging the greatest overall we have seen to date?

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/Coleman/video/x3w9ak_ronnie-coleman-1999-mr-olympia-part_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/6543884/video/x3wkla_ronnie-coleman-mr-olympia-1999-part_sport

flaws and all?

could anyone beat this package?

watch the videos and discuss.

ps ND, IceCold, truce thread regulars etc. we already know that you think Dorian is better, so do not reply to this thread.

I want to know what the rest of the board thinks, and why.

I want to compare it to the responses at the other boards.

Flower Boy Ran Away

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: GetBig Poll: has this physique ever been topped?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 08:23:01 PM »
Take it to your 1600 page thread assface! >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »
past or present, is Ronnie at the 99 olympia prejudging the greatest overall we have seen to date?

No, Dorian's better!  :P
Ron: "I am lazy."

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 08:24:57 PM »
LOL I am just curious as to what knowledgable (ie non-dorian guy) fans think and why.

this has been done on other boards, but never on here.

curious to see if the collective opinion of the Getbiggers mirrors that of the other boards like musclemecca.

Flower Boy Ran Away

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 08:26:46 PM »
Ben White could beat him, if you don't believe that ask Ben himself. ::)

joelocal

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 08:37:21 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/Coleman/video/x3w9ak_ronnie-coleman-1999-mr-olympia-part_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/6543884/video/x3wkla_ronnie-coleman-mr-olympia-1999-part_sport

flaws and all?

No....but it's too bad his physique started going to shit after 2001!

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 09:17:23 PM »
i think his 2001 ac was a little better than that, its close

cormier is looking awesome in that vid too.

brian36

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 09:44:12 PM »
yes, the greatest ever.

sachito

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 04:35:09 AM »
i forgot how good he looked back then               one of the best ever

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 04:54:31 AM »
Edited parts of his posing routine from that year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HazloX89AmM

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 05:08:12 AM »
Don't even think it's clear that he should beat Wheeler and Cormier on that vid. I could see any one of them winning.

Of those guys, one is an emotional wreck and suffering psychological problems from persistent recreational drug abuse. One is lucky to be alive after killing his organs..and he's full of oil. Finally, the last guy is a retard with gyno and a huge stomach.

You have to laugh at the surreal circus that is IFBB bodybuilding.

O

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 05:11:21 AM »
Take it to your 1600 page thread assface! >:(

that was funny  :)
X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 05:45:42 AM »
LOL I am just curious as to what knowledgable (ie non-dorian guy) fans think and why.

this has been done on other boards, but never on here.

curious to see if the collective opinion of the Getbiggers mirrors that of the other boards like musclemecca.

You don't want to know what knowledgeable people think , you already dismissed Peter McGough who said 2001 Arnold Classic is better , or Shawn Perine who said Ronnie's two best showings are 1998 & 2001 Arnold Classic and Ronnie Coleman himself who said his best Olympia was his first because his conditioning was spot-on

You think you're more knowledgeable than any of the men listed despite never once seeing a professional contest , now you think if enough people agree with you these opinions become moot , it doesn't work that way , stopping seeking comfort in numbers kid its a weak argument

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 05:56:02 AM »
its interesting, well respected writer Peter McGough feels that Ronnie 1999 is the most advanced physique the sport has yet seen, according to his sept 2005 article:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_7_23/ai_n15346614

I would agree.

ND will melt down and commit suicide now.

hahahahahahaha
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 05:58:24 AM »
its interesting, well respected writer Peter McGough feels that Ronnie 1999 is the most advanced physique the sport has yet seen, according to his sept 2005 article:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_7_23/ai_n15346614

I would agree.

ND will melt down and commit suicide now.

hahahahahahaha

lmfao most advanaced the sport has seen did you even read the article moron?

Ronnie Coleman | 1999

In his first defense of the Mr. O title, Coleman exhibited size, condition and sinew-splitting fullness he lacked a year earlier. At 257 pounds, he was so separated that he looked like a walking anatomy chart. That being said, I still think he achieved his best-ever physique for the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic.

IDIOT 2001 Arnold Classic is BETTER get it? NOT 99 Olympia  ;) boy this sure backfired on you lol

owned

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 06:01:03 AM »
This is like Groundhog Day. ND and Hulkster will never agree or agree to disagree!
O

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 06:11:52 AM »

flaws and all?

ps ND, IceCold, truce thread regulars etc. we already know that you think Dorian is better, so do not reply to this thread.

I want to know what the rest of the board thinks, and why.

I want to compare it to the responses at the other boards.

PERFECTION..has not been topped yet
Here comes the money shot

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 06:14:47 AM »
lmfao most advanaced the sport has seen did you even read the article moron?

Ronnie Coleman | 1999

In his first defense of the Mr. O title, Coleman exhibited size, condition and sinew-splitting fullness he lacked a year earlier. At 257 pounds, he was so separated that he looked like a walking anatomy chart. That being said, I still think he achieved his best-ever physique for the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic.

IDIOT 2001 Arnold Classic is BETTER get it? NOT 99 Olympia  ;) boy this sure backfired on you lol

owned

oh, I read the article all right. in terms of Mr. Olympia appeances, no one has been better than Ronnie 99, including dorian 93 - your fucked.

and

according to peter's assesement of Ronnie's best appearances, he feels that the AC 2001 Ronnie was the best ever form (even better than 99 which he feels advanced the sport MORE THAN ANY OTHER MR. O. PHYSIQUE - your fucked again.

either way, your fucked and you can't do a thing about it.

your reliance on Peter Quotes has certainly backfired on you, hasn't it?

hahahhaa
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 06:18:28 AM »
what we have here is that Peter is saying the two best ever physiques seen onstage are Ronnie 99 (best most advanced Mr. O onstage physique) and the 2001 AC which he feels is even better than that - better than all previous ronnie forms and better than dorian's best.

either way, ND, you are screwed.

email Peter and see if he will retract his article hahahahaa

:P
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 06:21:02 AM »
oh, I read the article all right. in terms of Mr. Olympia appeances, no one has been better than Ronnie 99, including dorian 93 - your fucked.

and

according to peter's assesement of best ever physiques, he feels that the AC 2001 Ronnie was the best ever form (even better than 99 which he feels advanced the sport MORE THAN ANY OTHER MR. O. PHYSIQUE - your fucked again.

either way, your fucked and you can't do a thing about it.

your reliance on Peter Quotes has certainly backfired on you, hasn't it?

hahahhaa

Hulkster you're an idiot you brag about 1999 Mr Olympia being Ronnie's greatest showing ever and post PART of the article only to be OWNED by the rest of it LMFAO you're a retard of epic proportion and again read the whole article you MORON NO WHERE does he say who is the best you tool lmfao

On July 4, I found myself in conversation with Lou Ferrigno. No, we weren't talking about Paul Revere and Mad King George; instead, with the 2005 Olympia Weekend looming like a Ronnie Coleman lat spread, the Hulk wanted to know who I thought was the best-ever Mr. Olympia. My response was that it was impossible to choose. All any athlete--in any sport--can do is become the best in his era, and it is futile to try to compare champions from different eras. Imagine trying to convince a modern-day bodybuilding fan that Larry Scott had better guns than Ronnie Coleman does.
Most Popular Articles
in Health

My response was that it was impossible to choose.

Instead of choosing a best-ever Mr. Olympia, maybe all one can do is reflect on 40 years of Olympia history and highlight those instances where the winner advanced the sport on that particular day. With that in mind, I would nominate the following.

Your comprehension skills are LACKING NO WHERE does he say Ronnie is the best ever Mr Olympia and further more he says Ronnie looked much better at the 2001 Arnold Classic than he did at the 1999 Mr Olympia! lmmfao you completely owned yourself lmfao

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 06:23:45 AM »
LOL ND is frantically finding quotes for damage control as always hahahahaha
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 06:24:12 AM »
what we have here is that Peter is saying the two best ever physiques seen onstage are Ronnie 99 (best most advanced Mr. O onstage physique) and the 2001 AC which he feels is even better than that - better than all previous ronnie forms and better than dorian's best.

either way, ND, you are screwed.

email Peter and see if he will retract his article hahahahaa

:P

Oh snap lets amend your bullshit LMFAO

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

lmmfao you're getting owned at every turn ! what now moron?  ;)

Dorian at 269 crushes ANY Ronnie small ripped Ronnie or Big soft Ronnie pick one .

Justin Timberlake Hulkster and cry me a river.  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 06:30:25 AM »
ND is frantically searching his quote bank lol

when are you going to learn the lesson here? that quotes have limit use in this sport, esp when you have lots of different contradictory opinions from the same damn writer?

lol

no wonder you never went to university.

you are clearly not smart enough :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 06:36:42 AM »
ND is frantically searching his quote bank lol

when are you going to learn the lesson here? that quotes have limit use in this sport, esp when you have lots of different contradictory opinions from the same damn writer?

lol

no wonder you never went to university.

you are clearly not smart enough :P

fuck me Hulkster that has to hurt LMFAO you were just shouting from the roof tops that McGough was right and he proved your point until you were CRUSHED on all your accounts , it must suck always being wrong like you lol I wouldn't know  ;)

you were wrong that Ronnie 99 is the best Olympia winner ever , when McGough said it is ' IMPOSSIBLE TO CHOOSE ' you were wrong that he was in better shape than 2001 lmfao and you made some half ass connection that Ronnie 99 Olympia was the most advanced Mr Olympia ever and finally admitted 2001 is even better than 1999 and that and how Ronnie 2001 is so much better than Dorian until McGough's quote of Dorian at 269 pounds crushing any Ronnie

you don't like the quote game anymore huh? talk about all-time backfires you loved quotes two seconds ago but now that left a bad taste in your mouth and thats not the bad taste that Ronnie leaves there lmmfao

did they teach comprehension at your ' university ' ? I guess you were out that day.

owned  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 06:42:10 AM »
"Instead of choosing a best-ever Mr. Olympia, maybe all one can do is reflect on 40 years of Olympia history and highlight those instances where the winner ADVANCED the sport on that particular day. With that in mind, I would nominate the following."

"Ronnie Coleman | 1999

notice ND, Ronnie 99 advanced the sport (according to Peter) to a level ahead of dorian 93, because dorian came years before Ronnie 99.

lol

your reading comprehensions skills are so bad its not even funny.

the article is specifically showing a timeline in order of year which appearences advanced the sport to a new level.

and Ronnie 99 is the last one on list.

care to comment? hahahaha
Flower Boy Ran Away