Author Topic: Another Check On A Jaguar Purchase.....Round 2  (Read 89861 times)

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
Re: Got Another Car Getbiggers
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 09:16:12 PM »

????? 

3.0 V6 (executive).  Accidently put the R next to it.

Cool.

I don't know the Jaguar engine choices and I've never gotten comfortable with the liter to cubic inch conversion.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »
Cool.

I don't know the Jaguar engine choices and I've never gotten comfortable with the liter to cubic inch conversion.

There is 5 different engine types for the Jaguar S-Type.  Each Jaguar is also very unique as they can be customized.  Mine actually still has its car phone in it...I'll have to show everyone when I get the car back.  Mine was a typical executive car with all the bells and whistle that you would expect out of a car that used to cost 50k brand new.   I'm keeping mine all the same...no stupid 20 inch rims or spinners or whatever the fuck people put on them.  Its a great car on its own without all of that. 
A

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 09:40:18 PM »

There is 5 different engine types for the Jaguar S-Type.  Each Jaguar is also very unique as they can be customized.  Mine actually still has its car phone in it...I'll have to show everyone when I get the car back.  Mine was a typical executive car with all the bells and whistle that you would expect out of a car that used to cost 50k brand new.   I'm keeping mine all the same...no stupid 20 inch rims or spinners or whatever the fuck people put on them.  Its a great car on its own without all of that. 

3.0 L but not a turbo, right?

Very cool. Get a good leather cleaner and conditioner for the seats. Try to clean and flush the cooling and fueling systems. You'll be good to go.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2017, 10:00:58 PM »
3.0 L but not a turbo, right?

Very cool. Get a good leather cleaner and conditioner for the seats. Try to clean and flush the cooling and fueling systems. You'll be good to go.

Nope but it still burns up the highway.  I'm decent at cleaning and detailing but when it comes to working on cars, I always have my vehicles taken to Fisher's Garage in Greenville....been counting on them for almost 20 years.  They aren't the least expensive but they are the most competent and most honest.  But one thing is for sure.  When I was parked at a stop light, the car got a lot of looks from people next to me.  Its a good feeling to have. 
A

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 10:39:33 PM »
Bwahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2017, 10:42:54 PM »
Lot more than 900 bucks....

Buy a $900 jag & you'll be paying a whole lot more than $900 in maintenance every few months

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 11:35:42 PM »
Buy a $900 jag & you'll be paying a whole lot more than $900 in maintenance every few months

Its mainly going to be used for marketing and occasional weekend driving.  Prob won't get but about 1000 miles a year on it.  I love my Taurus as a daily driver and my Jeep is great for hauling estate buys and other goods
A

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 12:19:46 AM »
Can't you just go for a long ride and leave us alone?

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 02:03:48 AM »
Congrats Vince.

I was still hoping that when I saw this thread that you had finally purchased the General Lee
"

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 02:13:00 AM »

Its mainly going to be used for marketing and occasional weekend driving.  Prob won't get but about 1000 miles a year on it.  I love my Taurus as a daily driver and my Jeep is great for hauling estate buys and other goods

How so?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 03:38:45 AM »
Truly happy for you Vince, you deserve it.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2017, 03:59:34 AM »
Classic western NC $600/month 2 bedroom apartment - prob 2nd floor with a letter on the door 🚪 Z

Nice ride tho - ford makes all the parts and chasis - my old stripper roommate had on back in 06

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2017, 04:26:50 AM »
Congrats man, when I bought my Land Rover (Jaguar/ land rover - same factory) I got the impression that the Jags were the more mechanically reliable of the two - which is a good thing, as Landy's are notorious for turning a novice into an at home mechanic because of various issues. Beautiful car you've got there.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2017, 04:43:43 AM »

Congratulations Vince!   

Was it the Jaguar that had a distinct smell because of the leather tanning process?

Same engine used in the Lincoln LS. I think they were pretty reliable.

This is correct. I had an 05 LS and it was a great car, the main issue were the coil packs going bad.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2017, 04:55:20 AM »
Nice car - now just dont F it up w gaudy stuff. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2017, 08:32:55 AM »
Nice car - now just dont F it up w gaudy stuff. 

That was the first thing I removed from that car.  The only thing in the Jaguar now is stock material...the way it was meant to be
A

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2017, 08:53:19 AM »

Let me guess, you're a Jaguar expert too?

You can't expect the John D. Rockefeller of the Carolinas to drive a F-150 now can you?

Piss off back to the google images photos of that leg wound. Someone might believe that is you, but I sure as hell don't.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »
Well guys...as I mentioned I was having the car inspected and didn't anticipate any real problems as the CarFax came back clean and it drove like a charm..but I got back word from Fishers Garage that the car was at one point submerged underwater to my astonishment :P.  Electrical cords were frayed, rust...unrepairable and not road worthy.

So I went and drove that car right back to the dealer.  It sucks that I only owned that car for 48 hours but that's why I always tell people to have a vehicle inspected.  It definitely could have been worse as I could have gotten killed driving down the highway

A

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Re: I owned a Jaguar for 48 hours....MAJOR UPDATE!!!!
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2017, 03:46:00 PM »
Lol

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2017, 03:50:16 PM »
Shady car dealers. On the other hand, I hear ESF has a good deal on some pharm grade gear. Might be worrh looking into

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
Well guys...as I mentioned I was having the car inspected and didn't anticipate any real problems as the CarFax came back clean and it drove like a charm..but I got back word from Fishers Garage that the car was at one point submerged underwater to my astonishment :P.  Electrical cords were frayed, rust...unrepairable and not road worthy.

So I went and drove that car right back to the dealer.  It sucks that I only owned that car for 48 hours but that's why I always tell people to have a vehicle inspected.  It definitely could have been worse as I could have gotten killed driving down the highway

Vince, your dream of owning a jaguar was realized for 48 hours. Not much else could be asked or accomplished!
X

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »
Vince, your dream of owning a jaguar was realized for 48 hours. Not much else could be asked or accomplished!

It's cool, going to another dealer who had another one available.  Life goes on
A

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2017, 04:08:20 PM »
Based off the Ford Mondeo platform which was Ford's Europeon Taurus

I dont think the V6 model was anywhere near $50,000

Only a good investment if you can turn around and sell it for profit

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2017, 04:14:13 PM »
The redness and the grill look like a puckered ass

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »
Was this purchased from Whitey?