Author Topic: Gold's Corp. is Screwing up a good thing  (Read 6489 times)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Gold's Corp. is Screwing up a good thing
« on: October 09, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »
I can't believe the morons at Gold's corp.  The latest owners TRT Holdings bought Gold's for who knows what reason. They have no idea about the indstry and their atest CEO has quit making him I am not sure but I think maybe the 3rd or 4th since they bought it back in 2005 or so.  Gold's was the best in the world at one time.  And even though they have more corp. gyms now they did it in a fucked up way.  World Gym recently sold last year for near nothing.  They had lost over 100 gyms in a year.  It is too bad. 
No Worries 4 me

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Gold's Corp. is Screwing up a good thing
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:09:40 PM »
Gold's is raising gym fees, I believe this month or next.
HAHA, RON.....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 10:16:55 PM »
I can't believe the morons at Gold's corp.  The latest owners TRT Holdings bought Gold's for who knows what reason. They have no idea about the indstry and their atest CEO has quit making him I am not sure but I think maybe the 3rd or 4th since they bought it back in 2005 or so.  Gold's was the best in the world at one time.  And even though they have more corp. gyms now they did it in a fucked up way.  World Gym recently sold last year for near nothing.  They had lost over 100 gyms in a year.  It is too bad. 
How's your gym coming along, must be close to the grand opening of the most awesome gym in the world. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 10:33:55 PM »

According to multiple gym owners, World raised its franchise fees to exorbitant levels over the past several years, so many of them dropped the World brand and have renamed their gyms. 

As for Gold's, there are some great franchisees (especially in Las Vegas) out there, even if many are shit.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:38:46 AM »
How's your gym coming along, must be close to the grand opening of the most awesome gym in the world. :D

Hey some things work some things don't.  Gotta move on.  How is whatever you do going?........................ ...  Just as I thought.
No Worries 4 me

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 01:46:10 AM »
to many cage fighters

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 02:27:47 AM »
Gold's Venice was once awesome.  I caught it at the tail end of that in the early 2000s.  Have heard it sucks major ass now.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 02:49:09 AM »
Just as I thought.

What did you think?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 02:57:24 AM »
no worries, is the gym still happening?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 03:33:42 AM »
isn't powerhouse still doing ok in the hardcore segment?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 07:15:10 AM »
isn't powerhouse still doing ok in the hardcore segment?

The "hardcore segment"??  That would be so small it would not matter one bit.  If Powerhouse is still doing OK and i don't know then it's because they have broadened their customer base.  where i live there was about 10 years ago many Powerhouse gyms, well the franchise owners left Powerhouse for a couple reasons, no franchise fees to Powerhouse and to lose the Hardcore image that was keeping them from attracting the rest of the gym goers and therefore making a profit.  % wise very few people wanna work out in a "Hardcore" gym.  So they go for the $$

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 07:34:52 AM »
Come workout at Keith Jones' Gym!  You too can look just like Keith, and perhaps land a role as "Jabba the Hutt" in the remake of Star Wars!
Ron: "I am lazy."

body88

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 08:41:31 AM »
The "hardcore segment"??  That would be so small it would not matter one bit.  If Powerhouse is still doing OK and i don't know then it's because they have broadened their customer base.  where i live there was about 10 years ago many Powerhouse gyms, well the franchise owners left Powerhouse for a couple reasons, no franchise fees to Powerhouse and to lose the Hardcore image that was keeping them from attracting the rest of the gym goers and therefore making a profit.  % wise very few people wanna work out in a "Hardcore" gym.  So they go for the $$

Agreed.  The money is in functional gyms that cater to the general public.  Gyms like NSC and BSC are good examples of this.  Raking it in.  There is no money in "hardcore" gyms (except in a few cases).

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 09:34:54 AM »

all the powerhouses i knew of around here turned to xsport fitness.
Deep Tissue Massage

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 09:40:30 AM »
Come workout at Keith Jones' Gym!  You too can look just like Keith, and perhaps land a role as "Jabba the Hutt" in the remake of Star Wars!

You should know by now Goatballs, all I am trying to do is be as successful as you.  You are the epitome of success and I just want to be like you.  Don't be mean.  Someday I will hopefully just be half as successful as you.  Guide me oh lordship
No Worries 4 me

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 09:53:46 AM »
Gold's is raising gym fees, I believe this month or next.
Luckily, I'm locking in at $150 per year.  I never understand why people pay monthly, when the pay at once, is available, with low renew fees.
I feel they should charge the drug trash more though.  It really brings down a good gym facility.
N

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 10:08:49 AM »

Instead of worrying about the 100's of gyms TRT operates, how about spending more time opening up the one you've been promising people to do for 2 years.

Its embarrassing for you to speak about TRT when you can't even open your own facility
A

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 10:12:23 AM »
Instead of worrying about the 100's of gyms TRT operates, how about spending more time opening up the one you've been promising people to do for 2 years.

Its embarrassing for you to speak about TRT when you can't even open your own facility

He mentioned a year ago, when the economy really went belly up, that he could not open the gym and ceased all talks about the gym.
The only ones talking about Keiths place now, is the ones that hate on him.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 10:18:21 AM »
The hardcore gyms just don't make it...money wise.  These big new commercial gyms do well mainly because of phantom members, who show up a few times a year.  Most people that join a harcore gym actually use the gym.  I suppose they also make $ on ancillary items...drinks, personal training, etc.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 10:58:41 AM »
He mentioned a year ago, when the economy really went belly up, that he could not open the gym and ceased all talks about the gym.

Exactly, 2 years ago he was shooting down my personal training studio and mini-gym ideas and was bragging about his giant gym that would literally run Las Vegas....guess who turned out to be right????
A

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 11:01:24 AM »

they are not 'screwing it up'
it has been screwed up for a long time

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 11:01:56 AM »

Hahaha me not opening my gym is still way more than anything you have done.  Epic failure on your part.

Thanks man.  The only people who rag on me are the ones who have no idea about the gym business or business itself.  I had bad timing and my partners knew it and it didn't work out this time.  The only people crying are the haters.  And thank god they are people like Goodrum and Goatballs because they mean nothing to me or anyone else so it is better they are not anywhere near a supporter of mine.  Oh by the way Goodrum where is your gym you said you had being built.  And yours was just a piece of shit 1500 sq ft gym.  Whatever happened to that.  My water bill costs more than it would have cost to put that together.  You are the "apex" of the term failure.  Not one person on this site or others support you or believe your bullshit.  Yet, you still pawn it off on us. When are you going to learn.
No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 11:04:14 AM »
Exactly, 2 years ago he was shooting down my personal training studio and mini-gym ideas and was bragging about his giant gym that would literally run Las Vegas....guess who turned out to be right????

Really where is your gym.  Did you ever open this mini gym.  NO!  You are literally a retard. You don't belong on here or any other related site.  That is why you get kicked off all the time.  Quit pretending like you know something.  You are a joke but you are the only one who doesn't realize it.
No Worries 4 me

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »

And at the time the gym was going to open. But once the gym no longer was planning to be opened, he stopped talking about it. So, Vince, in the real world the basis of your argument is called "a moot point." It does not matter. If he was continuing to talk about his gym opening, then you could talk about it. But he is not.

And he wasn't the only one talking about your personal training either. And that's not the only thing he was talking about, and again with anyone else.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 11:12:07 AM »
And at the time the gym was going to open. But once the gym no longer was planning to be opened, he stopped talking about it. So, Vince, in the real world the basis of your argument is called "a moot point." It does not matter. If he was continuing to talk about his gym opening, then you could talk about it. But he is not.

And he wasn't the only one talking about your personal training either. And that's not the only thing he was talking about, and again with anyone else.

You are hired as my new agent
No Worries 4 me