Author Topic: Gold's Corp. is Screwing up a good thing  (Read 6491 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Gold's Corp. is Screwing up a good thing
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2009, 09:56:06 AM »
Gold's is raising gym fees, I believe this month or next.
My friend join the local gold's gym when in open. He was paying 25 bucks a month locked in rate... and he canceled that to workout at the school's always-packed gym.still he he has his BA, he been paying like 30 bucks to do cross fit is some dudes backyard. :-\ Talk about down grade. :-\
Im pay 45, for the basic plus 5 for locker.  >:(
A

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2009, 11:36:22 AM »
The more I thought about it the sadder it got.  I bet it also has to do with the childhood obesity epidemic which seems to have afflicted 2/3 kids (because 2/3 parents think high fructose corn syrup is the same as corn and fruit).  Poor little butterballs don't even get to have a proper childhood anymore.  Kid's gym my ass.  Go catch some dragonflies or something.

Maybe I should poke my head in there before I judge tho.  Might be full of a bunch of chalked up 6 year olds with wrapped knees squatting for PRs, and when I walk in one would shout "The women's gym is down the road, skinny!"  :o

LOL Yes that is a good image of what I'm sure it's not.  For sure it's more like a bunch of spoiled brats running around screeching, crying, whining, demanding, unappreciative, selffish little fucks.   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2009, 03:34:11 PM »
#1 no way in the world could you afford to do what we did at the Olympia.  #2 no one in their right mind who knew anything about the gymn industry would do business with you.  Smaller gyms cannot handle the pricing the bigger gyms can offer.  The only place you can build a small gym like you want is in towns that are small.  A 2000 sq . ft gym can only handle a membership base of maybe 500 at the most, and that is stretching it.  If a middle size to large size club moves in you would close down.  With a small club like that you can barely make enough to cover your overhead.  You can't have any locker rooms per se.  The clubs like Anytime Fitness have a small market share.  They may be opening up but they are losing down too.  At one time Curves would have as many as 1800 clubs for sale.  they open and they close after just a couple years.  You are small minded and have small aspirations.  You can't afford to do what I have done or tried.  It is that simple.  You think the people who were or are involved with me because I am fat.  Wrong they get involved with me cause I know what i am doing and I have 30+ years experience.  Again, my past helps me.  Don't try to compete with me Goodrum.  You are way out of your league.  You could not get one person with any type of reputation or experience to support anything you do.  By the way if a certain Bill passes through Congress then Anytime Fitness might find themselves in a bind.  Oh by the way, it is a fact that franchises and larger establishments survive longer than independant owned smaller businesses.  There are some rare instances where an independant will survive and that is because they have built a positive reputation in the community and establish loyalty with their members.

Keith, I wouldn't need the money.  I'm eligible for a number of government grants because I'm black.  In fact, I was actually once approved for 100,000 dollar grant a few years ago.    But even so, I simply wouldn't open a mega gym because people are tired of the nonsense that goes on which is give them the world so they'll sign a 3 year membership and then once they do, they're pretty much dissed and dismissed. 

Small community gyms are the current wave now.  Lower overhead due to size and more consumer friendly.  That as well as MMA gyms for obvious reasons
A

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2009, 06:00:22 PM »

Keith, I wouldn't need the money.  I'm eligible for a number of government grants because I'm black. 
Don't forget gay, ugly and broke.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »

Keith, I wouldn't need the money.  I'm eligible for a number of government grants because I'm black.  In fact, I was actually once approved for 100,000 dollar grant a few years ago.    But even so, I simply wouldn't open a mega gym because people are tired of the nonsense that goes on which is give them the world so they'll sign a 3 year membership and then once they do, they're pretty much dissed and dismissed.  

Small community gyms are the current wave now.  Lower overhead due to size and more consumer friendly.  That as well as MMA gyms for obvious reasons

Just to let you know anyone can get a grant, just qualify.  And you are not black.  You must not have got the inter-racial memo, the black race kicked you out last year.  By the way being black does NOT automatically qualify you for a grant.  or every black person would get one.  Don't try to act smart to someone who knows better.  You will always get caught
No Worries 4 me

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2009, 03:51:20 AM »
Why the hate for Vince?

dude seems like a good person.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2009, 04:55:50 AM »
if i could shed some light as i am a employee of Gold's..
...Golds is a franchise meaning that while there are corporate policies that are "held" within each individual franchise, each franchise pretty much has free reign to run the gyms however they want

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 05:02:39 AM »
I worked out at Gold's for a yr and to be honest, $45/mo just wasnt worth it, became too much of a pretty boy/girl gym.

Found a dungeon around the corner for $10 bucks a month, how can I go wrong...

I also think the econonomy is hurting gyms....people paying their bills instead of getting healthy...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2009, 05:04:25 AM »

I also think the econonomy is hurting gyms....people paying their bills instead of getting healthy...

its only hurting the working class as the rich are still able to go to their PT sessions at 70 a pop.  Like my boss who is still doing 40 plus hours of PT a week at 60-70 a session

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2009, 05:23:33 AM »
Why the hate for Vince?

dude seems like a good person.

Because I've been spanking Keith for his ignorance for so long.  He can't get me out of his head and goes to bed thinking about what I say. 

Keith, you failed on your promises to the people because you used the money meant for the gym for your dinner plate.   ;D
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2009, 05:33:57 AM »
Screw golds.  A few years ago I joined one and paid for a year, with the understanding I could transfer membership since my job might require me to relocate.  I had to relocate and golds corporate kept 75% of my fee, even though I was only at that gym for 1 month.  I hope they go completely under.  Rant over.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2009, 06:46:55 AM »
Worst businesses to open

1. Bar
2. Gym...

2 of the biggest failure ratios...

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2009, 08:08:48 AM »

Because I've been spanking Keith for his ignorance for so long.  He can't get me out of his head and goes to bed thinking about what I say. 

Keith, you failed on your promises to the people because you used the money meant for the gym for your dinner plate.   ;D

No.

It's because you're retarded, Vince.

Quicker- you've been around long enough to see how Vince can show his "know-it-all" side, as well as make flat out stupid comments. He's proudly been displaying his delusional ways for a long time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2009, 08:13:39 AM »
Gold's Gym is being bought out by some company named "OneFitness". The name will stay, but Gold's Gym will be under that umbrella.

I visited a local Gold's Gym, after getting solicited by a very cute trainer (Megan was her name, I believe), handing out freebies (AS IN GYM PASSES  ;D ) at Vitamin Shoppe.

The manager there told be about their "specials" and, after I asked about buying a Gold's tank top, he informed me that they don't have any more, partially due to this corporate restructure of the clubs.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2009, 08:23:27 AM »
Worst businesses to open

1. Bar
2. Gym...

2 of the biggest failure ratios...
i disagree. It really depends on who is starting and running it.
A

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »

Because I've been spanking Keith for his ignorance for so long.  He can't get me out of his head and goes to bed thinking about what I say.  

Keith, you failed on your promises to the people because you used the money meant for the gym for your dinner plate.   ;D

hahahah yea keep thinking that.  It is the only way you can convince yourself.  God are you stupid.  

i disagree. It really depends on who is starting and running it.

Exactly.  I have no doubt if Pete and the gang still owned Gold's it would still be the best.  Guaranteed they would have an additional 200+ gyms under the Gold's name.  

if i could shed some light as i am a employee of Gold's..
...Golds is a franchise meaning that while there are corporate policies that are "held" within each individual franchise, each franchise pretty much has free reign to run the gyms however they want

Not all Gold's are franchises.  Most still are but they (corp.) have bought quite a few of them out.  And yes you can do some things the way you want but there are still certain things you have to do by corporate standards.
No Worries 4 me

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2009, 11:56:02 AM »
Golds Gym sucks, its just a name now.In as Vegas, the Eastern and Serene location they put up a fighting cage.Now that gym sucked already, have poor ventiation bad air circuation, and they didnt even hve a standing calve raise machine.Now its only going to be hotter in the gym and even ess room for much needed equiptment.Pus they have about a 1500 sq ft areas, for "women only" which is stuipid because I have never seen more then 2 girls at most in that gym.Most of the women train in the guys section.Why didnt they put the fighting gym in the womens section.To make matters worse, 3 doors down there is a fighting gym that is 20.000 sq ft, and golds want to compete with a 1000 sq ft are?????? The problem is there is to many fighting gyms openeing up.I think some people take martial arts for 2 years, or watch ultimate fighting and think "why dont I open a gym.There must be atleast 250 fighting gym in Vegas.You shoud see the guys that go to them,lol.They al have the big "tap out " sticker in there back window, to let you know they are a "fighter" lol

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »
i fight on da streets all da time.
Deep Tissue Massage

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2009, 01:37:59 PM »
No.

It's because you're retarded, Vince.

Quicker- you've been around long enough to see how Vince can show his "know-it-all" side, as well as make flat out stupid comments. He's proudly been displaying his delusional ways for a long time.

HHAHAH he maybe delusional but most people here go out there way to abuse him, his not a dickhead, i think his a ok fella.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2009, 01:43:12 PM »
HHAHAH he maybe delusional but most people here go out there way to abuse him, his not a dickhead, i think his a ok fella.

Of all the people on here Goodrum bothers me the most.  He is so full of shit.  And for someone who literally is not liked by most people, has not done a fucking thing in his life yet makes it sound like he has, makes a joke out of bodybuilding, pretends to be "in the know", falsely promotes himself as a super guru and PT yet has nothing to back it up, and basically is just a waste of air and water.  He is the epitome of "delusional"
No Worries 4 me

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2009, 01:44:52 PM »
isn't powerhouse still doing ok in the hardcore segment?

My gym (Powerhouse Gym) just won "best place to workout" by the Press Enterprise in a readers choice poll..
All the big names are just miles away.. La Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness and the list goes on..
I don't think many hardcore lifters read the Press Enterprise newspaper..
I think it really helps that we make everybody feel comfortable in the gym while these animals are lifting..

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »
Of all the people on here Goodrum bothers me the most.  He is so full of shit.  And for someone who literally is not liked by most people, has not done a fucking thing in his life yet makes it sound like he has, makes a joke out of bodybuilding, pretends to be "in the know", falsely promotes himself as a super guru and PT yet has nothing to back it up, and basically is just a waste of air and water.  He is the epitome of "delusional"

the kicker is that he seems to really BELIEVE the malarkey he spews

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »

Delusional he probably is, but in the world of bodybuilding who isnt delusional?
99% of bodybuilders are insecure fags with no brains, they think its cool to walk around with a 5 litre bottle of water, juicing at 18, spending hundreds even thousands on supplements to give them the "edge" lol

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2009, 01:51:40 PM »
the kicker is that he seems to really BELIEVE the malarkey he spews

I dont believe everything he says. But i give credit where its due, he gets dissed and keeps popping up.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2009, 01:56:26 PM »
Delusional he probably is, but in the world of bodybuilding who isnt delusional?
99% of bodybuilders are insecure fags with no brains, they think its cool to walk around with a 5 litre bottle of water, juicing at 18, spending hundreds even thousands on supplements to give them the "edge" lol

Yes but the thing is he is NO bodybuilder. He does not train with weights and barely diets.  He is soft and smooth at a weigth and height he should have some muscle.  He looks like a guy (use that term loosely) who just sits around and types on a BB forum board.  There is not one thing about his physical appearance that says bodybuilder.  He admits he enters contests to see other guys in thongs not to win.

I dont believe everything he says. But i give credit where its due, he gets dissed and keeps popping up.

Thats because he thinks we are kidding.  He doesn't realize when he is being made fun of. Maybe it's because he grew up with his family and friends making fun of him so much that it is just normal for him.
No Worries 4 me