Author Topic: Kansas House passes bill allowing refusal of service to same-sex couples  (Read 7790 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: Kansas House passes bill allowing refusal of service to same-sex couples
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2014, 06:17:21 PM »
Seriously,  you're mentally ill. You have a lot of issues you need to work through.  Do you take medication?  Be honest.

Yes.  Various Anabolic steroids.  (Are you shocked?)

Occasionally Aromasin (not for a while, though.)

Sometimes Bronkaid. 

Does Excedrin count?

That's it. 

I'm sure a fair-minded guy like yourself won't have any problems answering the same question, right?  What medications do you take?

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2014, 06:19:09 PM »
Yes.  Various Anabolic steroids.  (Are you shocked?)

Occasionally Aromasin (not for a while, though.)

Sometimes Bronkaid. 

Does Excedrin count?

That's it. 

I'm sure a fair-minded guy like yourself won't have any problems answering the same question, right?  What medications do you take?

I don't take any.  I'm being totally serious when I say I think you're mental.  I imagine you have had run ins with the law on multiple occasions.   

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2014, 06:19:34 PM »
Don't dodge the question.  I think you do take medication.  If you don't, you should. The way you lash out is indicative of someone with a mood disorder.  

What question am I dodging?  You said lunatics don't belong on GetBig.

I'm telling you that there are a number of lunatics (some endearingly so) on the G & O board.

Lash out?  You funny.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2014, 06:19:40 PM »
RR and SS, I really don't  feel like splitting and moving your threads.  I am using a kindle fire HDX 7.  It's a pain in the ass.  Can you 2 get a room or  something?  Take it to the v board?  

Stay on topic or maybe I.should just start removing threads....  as entertaining as they are  ;D

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2014, 06:20:42 PM »
I think it's obvious I'm in your head. Are you being treated with medication?

Self-treated.  Yes.  Are ya posting too fast to do any reading?  Is that it?

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2014, 06:21:17 PM »
What question am I dodging?  You said lunatics don't belong on GetBig.

I'm telling you that there are a number of lunatics (some endearingly so) on the G & O board.

Lash out?  You funny.

Lunatics like you.

RR and SS, I really don't  feel like splitting and moving your threads.  I am using a kindle fire HDX 7.  It's a pain in the ass.  Can you 2 get a room or  something?  Take it to the v board?  

Stay on topic or maybe I.should just start removing threads....  as entertaining as they are  ;D

I will stick to the topic.  By the way,  this lunatic threatened me.  Isn't that against the rules?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2014, 06:25:28 PM »
Actually, BB, you are right.  

I have not done any deep thinking about the particular clash of rights when the free exercise of religion is used as the reason for some churches to discriminate against certain groups by not letting them use certain church services.  (Other than to be of the opinion that churches that discriminate should no longer receive tax breaks, that is.)

Why would I? -- To me it's comparable to thinking about if Spiderman can beat up Batman -- Only less interesting.  

I feel sorry for the folks that are sad they can't go to a certain church, actually.

Where does this happen?  You understand there is a difference between using a church for a ceremony and attending a church service? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2014, 06:28:46 PM »
LOL oh kore certainly is a little off, this dude has googled me more times than posted on getbig probably. Seems like a nice enough guy but defintely something off about him.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »
I don't take any.  I'm being totally serious when I say I think you're mental.  I imagine you have had run ins with the law on multiple occasions.   

You take no steroids?  Do you even train, then?

And damn, you suck at reading people.  (This can't be news to you.)

I'm being totally serious when I tell you that I've never treated for mental illness, never been to jail, never been arrested and had maybe 3 traffic tickets in my life.  (No tickets for about 9 years now.)

I served four years in the US Army where I was a 98G (Signal Intelligence Russian Voice Interceptor) when I was in my 20's.  Mostly for the college money (not the GI Bill, but something like that).  

What kind of soldier did you say you were again, haha?  Is "StreetSoldier" a euphemism for "security guard", maybe?  (Ain't nothing wrong with working security, btw...unless you call yourself a "StreetSoldier", that is.)  

I've trained as a bodybuilder since I was a teenager but competed only once and got 2nd in my class at a National Qualifier when I was 35.  (Contra Costa Classic.)

I'm currently a Software QA engineer who makes about 85G/year and have been doing this for going on 10 years now.

So tell me more about myself.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »

Ok, you are right.   Sorry, mang.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »
Where does this happen?  You understand there is a difference between using a church for a ceremony and attending a church service? 

I meant use a church service though I didn't know (as you seem to imply) that churches would deny someone use for some ceremony but be OK with them, say, attending regular services.  Do they really do that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2014, 06:41:06 PM »
I meant use a church service though I didn't know (as you seem to imply) that churches would deny someone use for some ceremony but be OK with them, say, attending regular services.  Do they really do that?

You didn't know that a church would prevent two homosexual men from getting married in their church?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2014, 06:41:16 PM »
LOL oh kore certainly is a little off, this dude has googled me more times than posted on getbig probably. Seems like a nice enough guy but defintely something off about him.

Thanks, mang.  (I think, lol)

I pretty much hated you at first but now think you are just crazy enough to probably be a cool dude in person.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
Thanks, mang.  (I think, lol)

I pretty much hated you at first but now think you are just crazy enough to probably be a cool dude in person.
Thanks, I think back at ya hahahah

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2014, 07:06:13 PM »
In an effort to get this thread back on track:

From an excerpt of the Kansas law (from the initial post in this thread), it says:
It reads, in part: "No individual or religious entity shall be required by any governmental entity to do any of the following, if it would be contrary to the sincerely held religious beliefs of the individual or religious entity regarding sex or gender:

"Provide any services, accommodations, advantages, facilities, goods, or privileges; provide counseling, adoption, foster care and other social services; or provide employment or employment benefits, related to, or related to the celebration of, any marriage, domestic partnership, civil union or similar arrangement."

My question (and maybe it's dumb) is would this mean that if a Arab Muslim guy who owned a rental car company in Kansas could refuse to rent cars to women?  (Assuming that Arab Muslims don't let their women drive cars because of their religion -- which I'm not sure is the reason.) 

I ask this because it says, "No individual...shall be required by the gov't...to do any of the following, if it would be contrary to the sincerely held religious beliefs of the individual...regarding.. gender."  (The provision of goods and services is include in what follows.)

Seems like this opens the door for any denial of (a lot of stuff) to anyone as long as that person's gender is discriminated against in accordance with any nutty religion that the person doing the discriminating could reasonably demonstrate that their belief in that religion was sincerely held. 

As an aside, that "sincerely held" stuff seems pretty weak.  Could an LGBT couple sue someone for denial of (whatever) if on the grouds that they could prove that that someone regularly did things that no sincerely religious person would do?  (What do you mean we can't get married in his church, he does meth and sleeps with male hookers!")

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »
You didn't know that a church would prevent two homosexual men from getting married in their church?

You're right; It's a pretty dumb question. 

So, after being denied service, what happens if (and I gotta imagine this is rare) the 2 bro's keep attending services?

Would the church do anything, do you think?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2014, 07:17:58 PM »
You're right; It's a pretty dumb question. 

So, after being denied service, what happens if (and I gotta imagine this is rare) the 2 bro's keep attending services?

Would the church do anything, do you think?

I don't know.