Author Topic: how many of you train covered up?  (Read 10827 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: how many of you train covered up?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 04:42:38 PM »
at a gym i used to train at there was a Mr. America in the early 80's who worked there and we were sitting in his office talking and he said it's always the skinniest guys with the least amount of muscle who wear the least clothes and the huge motherfuckers are all covered up in baggy clothes, and from what i've seen i totally agree with him.

Thats because the big guys are insecure nowadays. They don't want to admit their faults and in the end only ruin their own physiques.
just push some weight!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2006, 04:43:44 PM »
at a gym i used to train at there was a Mr. America in the early 80's who worked there and we were sitting in his office talking and he said it's always the skinniest guys with the least amount of muscle who wear the least clothes and the huge motherfuckers are all covered up in baggy clothes, and from what i've seen i totally agree with him.

ive been following bodybuilding since the late 70,s and that statement made by the mr america guy has alot of truth to it
R

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2006, 04:47:48 PM »
this is my gym look :-[

dude you train in sandals, thats about as bad as it gets! ;)
personally if i was lifting and you just glanced at me for a second i think you were gay( because of the sandals)

ill be hitting apollan this sumer i think, what road is it on? its in edison right?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 04:54:05 PM »
dude you train in sandals, thats about as bad as it gets! ;)
personally if i was lifting and you just glanced at me for a second i think you were gay( because of the sandals)

ill be hitting apollan this sumer i think, what road is it on? its in edison right?

okay ill make sure i dont wear sandals the day you visit the gym i wouldnt want you labeling as the gym fruitcake or something,thats the first time i heard the sandals gay thing,alot of straight dudes wear sandals around this neck of the woods

160 talmadge rd
edison nj
732 985 8576
R

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 04:54:26 PM »
   Isn't it too hot to train like that in the summer?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 04:57:35 PM »
  Isn't it too hot to train like that in the summer?

the gym got a crankin air conditioning system
R

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 05:03:50 PM »
okay ill make sure i dont wear sandals the day you visit the gym i wouldnt want you labeling as the gym fruitcake or something,thats the first time i heard the sandals gay thing,alot of straight dudes wear sandals around this neck of the woods

160 talmadge rd
edison nj
732 985 8576
ive been in nj 35 yrs and yes there are plenty of hairy leg men sandal wearers! sandals becomes a huge topic on here every summer and i think we just started this summer sandal thread!

what are the membership rates? do they have pay by the month option?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 05:13:08 PM »
I follow Tom Prince to the laundrymat.  Then when he's in the bathroom, I steal some of his clothes and wear them to the gym.

So yeah, size 40 pants and an XXXL shirt, usually.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 05:18:49 PM »
ive been in nj 35 yrs and yes there are plenty of hairy leg men sandal wearers! sandals becomes a huge topic on here every summer and i think we just started this summer sandal thread!

what are the membership rates? do they have pay by the month option?

its like 90 bucks for 3months which isnt bad,im not sure about the monthly rates though,i know he has pay by the month though,ill find out tues when i train
R

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006, 05:34:19 PM »
this is my gym look :-[

Gracie....1988 called and they want their baggy clothes back.....LOL

JUST BUSTIN
ANIMAL

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 05:41:19 PM »
Gracie....1988 called and they want their baggy clothes back.....LOL

JUST BUSTIN

lol,i hear ya vinny,the 80,s were the best though you have to admit. ;)
R

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006, 06:00:53 PM »
I always start out with the intentions of staying covered up  (sweatshirt, sweatpants) but after 10-15 minutes I start sweating like a madman because my gym doesn't have AC and I get uncomfortable. So I'll usually then go down to a T-shirt but I'll have a cut-off T-shirt in my gym bag just in case I get too hot again.

DEFCON

• Getbig IV
  • LSD, 100 µg, i.m.
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2006, 06:02:20 PM »
I always train in tank tops, I start out in a large top but after a few sets that comes off, I like to ventilate, when I train I go all out, so I don't want to have a sauna inside a sweat top. For bottom usually cargo pants and running shoes.

me too. depends on what I'm doing also. I need to wear a tank when doing arms. I want to see what i'm working. and I wear sweats. people who wear those clown pants like in the picture look like, well... CLOWNS. CLownpants and sandals what a jerkoff

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2006, 06:07:08 PM »
me too. depends on what I'm doing also. I need to wear a tank when doing arms. I want to see what i'm working. and I wear sweats. people who wear those clown pants like in the picture look like, well... CLOWNS. CLownpants and sandals what a jerkoff

go fuck yourself fagboy
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2006, 06:09:14 PM »

tell you what,come down to apllon and call me a jerkoff to my face tough guy,im there everymorning between 9am and 1030
R

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2006, 06:09:57 PM »
tell you what,come down to apllon and call me a jerkoff to my face tough guy,im there everymorning between 9am and 1030
he won't do anything he's a bitch.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2006, 06:10:59 PM »
he got the invitation
R

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2006, 06:18:05 PM »
he got the invitation

This will happen when Tom Prince steps on a scale and is revealed to be 230 ;D

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2006, 09:28:31 PM »
I can't stand getting too hot in my gym, and we don't have A/C, so I train in a tank top all the time. I never knew anyone cared about this kind of thing. As a matter of fact, I always wondered how some really big guys could train in something heavy. I figured if I had a temperature problem, they must have a worse one. Do people like being hot or something?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2006, 09:44:42 PM »
I wear as little as possible

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2006, 09:46:47 PM »

brutal lack of a job.
Deep Tissue Massage

irejistirred4deena

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2006, 09:57:58 PM »

Good post sarc ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2006, 10:01:22 PM »
Always baggy, except for leg day when I wear tights.   :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2006, 10:33:42 PM »
the newbies wear less becuase they are proud of the new inch they added to their arms and want to show it off

the big guys know they look big wearing anything so no need to show off and they want to stay warm to prevent injury

E
E

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2006, 11:15:35 PM »
i typically wear jeans tucked into my socks and workboots, a long sleeve plaid shirt and a bandana, and motorcycle gloves and aviator goggles.