Author Topic: Chick flix i am not ashamed that i watched!  (Read 7058 times)

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
Re: Chick flix i am not ashamed that i watched!
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 08:52:25 PM »

seriously............... .....i was almost sobbing!

(i was hiding it from Laura by coughing/saying i had something in my eye)

what is it with guys and the whole "something in my eye" thing!!  Bob did the same thing when we watched the Notebook!!  He was fidgeting with the remote...conveniently looking in the other direction.

boys...if we know that you could be crying, especially from a movie, all we're going to do is give you lots of affection and hug and kiss on you.  It could even lead to sex, you never know.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 09:16:10 PM »
aaaand a MUST watch....this movie took a shit and clerks ws born..

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800354380&cf=trailer
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2006, 02:10:10 AM »
I loved "Set It Off"! Now that was a chick flick with TEETH! Ya Baby!

Tagline: 'These girls aren't waiting to exhale, ...THEY ARE BREATHING FIRE!'  ;D

The trailer is cool, ...but the movie is even better! It is so rare for women to get such juicy action films
with such fully developed fleshed out characters. Usually it's being relegated to eye candy or somebody's girlfriend, but these gals got to throw down and mix it up in ways we rarely get to do on film. I loved it!

click here for the trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117603/trailers-screenplay-E14094-10-2
w

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 08:45:09 AM »
what is it with guys and the whole "something in my eye" thing!!  Bob did the same thing when we watched the Notebook!!  He was fidgeting with the remote...conveniently looking in the other direction.

boys...if we know that you could be crying, especially from a movie, all we're going to do is give you lots of affection and hug and kiss on you.  It could even lead to sex, you never know.

lol!!

another one i use is "the coughing fit which just so happens to make my eyes water trick"

i get teary eyed when Rocky makes his comeback in any of his movies............so what do i know
 :'(

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 09:13:24 AM »
I was crying like a little girl during the last scene from "Blow".
Thank god nobody saw that. Not really a chick flick though.

If i get watery eyes i sometimes pretend it doesn't interest me and go away.
Happens VERY rarely though.

$

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 12:52:58 PM »
oh man...I really liked Million dollar baby.  :-[ Not as a chick flick though.  I put that in the "think about life" file.
For me, seeing an actor work thru all of the human emotions during a movie makes it good.  Its hard for actors to do that these days...there are only a few good ones out there.  But I won't go into that...I'm a bit biased.

Everyone liked it but me.  :-[ It wasn't the acting and I always love Hillary Swank when she's in a physical role.  It was the writing... it seemed spotty. There were long scenes that just went on forever, and then the story seemed fast forward to some other place.  Wasn't this movie based on a book? Maybe that's why it struck me like that...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 02:18:45 PM »
  It was the writing... it seemed spotty. There were long scenes that just went on forever, and  

That's how I felt about "Meet Joe Black."  The majority of the movie was the beautiful female lead looking around w/her eyes rolling around in her head for 5 minutes before she answered any questions.
R

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 04:46:04 PM »
Everyone liked it but me.  :-[ It wasn't the acting and I always love Hillary Swank when she's in a physical role.  It was the writing... it seemed spotty. There were long scenes that just went on forever, and then the story seemed fast forward to some other place.  Wasn't this movie based on a book? Maybe that's why it struck me like that...

I believe the script was written based on a book.  I know what you are talking about with it not following thru with the content.  That is due to rewrites!  I would assume that when Clint was brought on to direct and star...he moved some things around and suggested rewrites in the script.  I have heard that he came along just before Hilary was cast.

I thought Hillary was a great actress to cast in this role...she totally took it all on.  And that BODY after it was all said and done...it must be nice to get paid millions to do what you love, work with legends (clint and morgan), create a story to impact others, and have your ass kicked for 6 mos prior to shooting for a KILLER body to top it off.  DAMN, I can't wait to get back into auditioning and working again!!!  As F*ed up as this industry is (as well as BB), I love every second of it! 

.....sorry, I just really miss acting.  its been almost a year.  i'm having withdraws

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 06:27:29 PM »
As F*ed up as this industry is (as well as BB), I love every second of it! 

.....sorry, I just really miss acting.  its been almost a year.  i'm having withdraws

{giggle} Don't worry... the withdrawal pangs disappear soon enough, ...and when you get back on the set,
...you're gonna remember why you left in the first place. {LOL}  :P  Trust me!  ;)
w

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 09:27:23 PM »
{giggle} Don't worry... the withdrawal pangs disappear soon enough, ...and when you get back on the set,
...you're gonna remember why you left in the first place. {LOL}  :P  Trust me!  ;)

I know what your saying...but its just that necessary evil that I need to release.  In 6 yrs, I've only had a handful of bad exp. on set....the rest has been a blast.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 07:11:59 AM »
I know what your saying...but its just that necessary evil that I need to release.  In 6 yrs, I've only had a handful of bad exp. on set....the rest has been a blast.

You've obviously never had the pleasure of working on a project where the star is also the executive producer,
...and a notorious disruptive drunk who loves to routinely disappear in the middle of filming. That'll turn an 1/8th of a page of dialogue into the longest nightmare, especially if you're away from the studio and can only get that location on that particular day, ...although the over time combined with the double meal-penalty can be cool. Up here it isn't lump sum like the US. It's effectively triple time indefinately.

When the crew has to keep all the bartenders within a certain radius of the studio on the payroll, to ensure they will tip you off in the event that the star shows up unexpectedly in the middle of a shooting day, ...you know that's a fun set to work on...NOT!  ;D   
w

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 09:01:13 AM »
You've obviously never had the pleasure of working on a project where the star is also the executive producer,
...and a notorious disruptive drunk who loves to routinely disappear in the middle of filming. That'll turn an 1/8th of a page of dialogue into the longest nightmare, especially if you're away from the studio and can only get that location on that particular day, ...although the over time combined with the double meal-penalty can be cool. Up here it isn't lump sum like the US. It's effectively triple time indefinately.

When the crew has to keep all the bartenders within a certain radius of the studio on the payroll, to ensure they will tip you off in the event that the star shows up unexpectedly in the middle of a shooting day, ...you know that's a fun set to work on...NOT!  ;D   

WOW!  Sounds like a day from hell!!  But the pay sounds nice!  I love seeing the checks roll in from 3 consecutive 14 hour days..SAG wages plus overtime.  NICE 8)

I guess you can compare it to any job...its got its good days, and bad.  Cant beat the REALLY GOOD DAY I had when I'm running lines in hair and makeup (for a guest spot I got) and Sally Field walks in and sits in the chair next to me.  Talk about tongue tied!!  She had a few scenes in the same show. 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 12:34:15 PM »

Hey STELLa....have you ever seen the movie 'Stella'? With John Goodman and Bette Midler?
?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006, 01:18:47 PM »
Hey STELLa....have you ever seen the movie 'Stella'? With John Goodman and Bette Midler?
No ...do you suggest it?
R

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2006, 01:48:24 PM »

Yes. Very sad...but great performances by all the actors in the movie itself.
?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2006, 04:13:55 PM »
WOW!  Sounds like a day from hell!!  But the pay sounds nice!  I love seeing the checks roll in from 3 consecutive 14 hour days..SAG wages plus overtime.  NICE 8)

Those are always nice. On "Pushing Tin', it was like 12 straight consecutive weeks of 14 hr days. What's really cool is when you're crewing and doing double-duty, as Stand-In AND photo double. You're essentially looking at being considered on the clock X's 2, and both clocks are running simultaneously. Kaching! $$$$

I remember one film where we were out on location in the country, and we could never get the shot we needed  cause it would always start raining, and when it was sunny enough to get the shot, the star was needed elsewhere and was wearing the costume we needed for the shot. So we would have to wait until she wrapped out the scene that needed the costume. But by then, it would start raining, and we could never get the shot. It was hilarious. I'd been making double pay, every day for doing the double duty. Finally on our last day at he location when the star wasn't gonna be waering that particular costume that we needed for the shot, they decided 2nd unit would shoot it and we'd just use a photo double on a long shot. So they hired another photo double for the day to keep me as stand-In on main unit, and she would go off with 2nd unit. Well the photo- double they hired, couldn't fit into the costume. {LOL} That producer was so mad we had been operating up til then on only one costume, and that for the lack of a $20 costume it was costing production an extra couple thousand a week. {LOL}   So at the last minute, they ended up having to pull me off stand-In on main unit, and had me go off to 2nd unit to get the shot, so we could wrap out that location before heading back into the studio that afternoon. Then I was back on StandIn, ...and yet another double-duty paypay!  ;D.  When I got on the wardrobe truck to retrieve the costume, the wardrobe dept was literally shaking. HA!

I guess you can compare it to any job...its got its good days, and bad.

It all depends on your job category for the day. On that show, being a performer was cool, cause it just meant more overtime, and it wasn't your problem. You could sit back and be amused. It you're working crew... that's a whole nother story. It would be entertaining watching the crew light into each other. "You frikkin idiot, I can't believe you left him alone. He's like a 2 yr. old, you can't leave alone for a split second". or "It wasn't my fault. He snuck away from me. You know what he's like" The really hilarious part was watching them all try to stall and cover up for the fact that they didn't know where he was. then they'd frantically get out the list of bars, and start dialling. {lol} Then when they'd find him, they'd all be falling all over themselves trying not to notice the fact that he was falling over, slurring his words and completely tanked. In the middle of a take, ...he'd be bursting out into some drinking song, and we'd have to go again. {LOL} It was always entertaining. You'd routinely check the call sheets to see if he was in that day, ...and if he was, ...you knew you were in for plenty of overtime, and plenty of entertainment. As a crew member, it was your nightmare, because despite everything, you still had to do your job, ...and it was YOUR ass, if you couldn't. That meant if he burst out into song during a take, you would catch heat for not being able to maintain quiet on the set. And it drove the guest directors absolutely bonkers! He was executive producer and couldn't be fired. I hated working crew unless I was in a job category covered under the ACTORs contract. ACTRA rates & working conditions were much better than IATSE or NABET.

Cant beat the REALLY GOOD DAY I had when I'm running lines in hair and makeup (for a guest spot I got) and Sally Field walks in and sits in the chair next to me.  Talk about tongue tied!!  She had a few scenes in the same show. 

I know the feeling. I'm usually blasé about stars, ...but when I met Sophia Loren, I was awed & had butterflies.

I do remember one time I was at a production company for a wardrobe fitting for an upcoming scene in a new movie being prepped. I was behind the curtain in the costume designer's office, when I hear this voice outside the curtain asking 'Is it OK if i come in'? I assumed it was the costumer designer or one of her assistants. I said sure no problem. Well who walks in, ...but the STAR of one of the movies that production company was just finishing up. It was the same costume designer for both, who was also getting fitted. The star walked in and started talking off her clothes.  :o. It totally freaked me out. I mean... she was the star, and she was getting naked in front of me. I started getting dressed a little faster so I could hightail it outta there. It wouldn't have bothered me if it was just another actress, ...but she was the STAR, ...and I was thinking I was about to step into the caca for infringing on her privacy. {LOL}. But she was actually pretty cool, laid back & down to earth.
w