Author Topic: Just another reason why I hate "crossfit"  (Read 40069 times)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: CrossFit - Anyone else Hate it?
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2012, 06:18:52 AM »
If you are a true alpha, you do not notice others in the gym..... They notice you.

Quote of the day.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2012, 06:25:06 AM »
The workout style is the real deal Holyfield. However, the attitude that some of the folks who do it have can get annoying. As for the women doing it, more power to them. If Crossfit is the vehicle that helps them look and feel good, why should we hate?

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2012, 07:30:40 AM »
The coach should speak on this matter.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2012, 08:10:39 AM »
haha those retards train like they're getting ready for the Olympics
and all the while youre training glutes in the hip abductor machine

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2012, 08:12:47 AM »
CrossFit Cults Suck

Modified pullups is not the real issue here, quarter squats and quarter deadlifts anyone ::)

the issue is that there is no progressive program in CF

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »
if you want to be a good runner, Run

if you want to be a good cyclist, Ride

if you want to be a good bodybuilder, Weight Lift

if you want to be good at crossfit, do crossfit

:D :D :D :D

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »
i have seen the crossfit competitions on espn also,how do they score those contests aint watched one long enuff to figure it out.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2012, 04:01:07 PM »
and all the while youre training glutes in the hip abductor machine

you'd want to lick my glutes if you saw them

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »
The coach should speak on this matter.

I have spoken.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2012, 04:42:46 PM »
I don't mind the workouts, I'm sure it will get you in decent shape.  I hate the condescending, better-than-you, "oh, you don't do CrossFit?  Heh." attitude of most people who are seriously into it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »
Funny thing is, I see the aerobic courses in the gym through the windows all the time, and NO ONE in there looks in decent shape, they are all fat or skinny-fat.
I`ve seen a zillion runners/joggers who run pretty good distances daily that carry tons of flabby bodyfat and look "skinnyfat".

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »
That the training DOES NOT WORK is the worst thing of all. Or is the crossfit the first "sport" you can train 10 minutes a day and be elite in it? Hah.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
I don't put down what anyone does for fitness.  What bothers me about crossfit is the attitude that they have the superior way to Nirvana.

Truth be told women that are really into a good cross fit program look fantastic. Another truth is that many bodybuilders couldn't keep up in a serious cross fit class. Same thing about guys who run and do bodyweight exercises hard core. They are in serious condition.
because they are ectomorphs in the firsplace who do abs and barbell curls and often run. They have no merit, they re hypocrits. Their good looks are genetical mostly. I still have to see a typical skinny fat man or woman losing weight and getting in decent shape doing "crossfit".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »
I don't mind the workouts, I'm sure it will get you in decent shape.  I hate the condescending, better-than-you, "oh, you don't do CrossFit?  Heh." attitude of most people who are seriously into it.

I'm going to tell you what my real thoughts are on this. It's a good concept if the trainer actually knows how to program the actual training but the problem is a lot of these crossfit trainers don't. What educated trainer in their right minds would ever prescribe multiple reps in an O-lift is beyond me. By multiple reps I mean 5 or more. After 5 reps form starts breaking down and thats where the injuries begin even if the weight is relatively light. Ok, now take an O-lift and start pairing it up with a high rep exercise, already you're at a CNS overload. Ok...now take that and do as many reps as many rounds as you can for time. You're bound to get injured and you're bound to eat shit!!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »
Crossfitters are out of shape twinks who can't decide what to do. They can't run or swim. Every time they post their squats or deadlifts they make sure to post their bodyweight, for example 130 lbs, as if being small is a enough reason to be weak. They enjoy doing pull ups, but they can't do real pull ups. They enjoy doing gymnastics, but can't walk on their hands.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2012, 05:14:26 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2012, 05:17:51 PM »
Crossfitters are out of shape twinks who can't decide what to do. They can't run or swim. Every time they post their squats or deadlifts they make sure to post their bodyweight, for example 130 lbs, as if being small is a enough reason to be weak. They enjoy doing pull ups, but they can't do real pull ups. They enjoy doing gymnastics, but can't walk on their hands.

The smart ones like you see in the crossfit games have some pretty sick conditioning I have to admit. But crossfit in general as a whole have had so many injuries no out side insurance provider will carry them. The are self-insured.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2012, 06:07:56 PM »
It's all about the diet.  You want abs? diet.  You want to be ripped? diet.  This pertains to naturals of course.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2012, 06:22:59 PM »
I'm going to tell you what my real thoughts are on this. It's a good concept if the trainer actually knows how to program the actual training but the problem is a lot of these crossfit trainers don't. What educated trainer in their right minds would ever prescribe multiple reps in an O-lift is beyond me. By multiple reps I mean 5 or more. After 5 reps form starts breaking down and thats where the injuries begin even if the weight is relatively light. Ok, now take an O-lift and start pairing it up with a high rep exercise, already you're at a CNS overload. Ok...now take that and do as many reps as many rounds as you can for time. You're bound to get injured and you're bound to eat shit!!

I don't do Crossfit...I think that whole speed repping concept is what nearly got a number of Iowa Hawkeye football players a ticket to the morgue a couple of years ago. 

The best trainer I ever worked with was a 100lb chick who fought...we trained like fighters.  lots of bag work, bodyweight work on the floor and basic cardio like running in place. None of this "I'm racing you"  bullshit...just work you r ass off until the bell rings nd it's time for the next round.   I think the marketing term fo rit now is "HIIT".  We just called it "exercising".

Closest I ever came to puking was when her trainer was in and I had to chase his ass around for five minutes throwing combinations at him while he held pads....

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2012, 06:27:46 PM »
I you are natural: Muscle confusion mixed with cardio and diet.

If you are juiced to the gills: heavy weights and an XL pizza.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »
I you are natural: Muscle confusion mixed with cardio and diet.

If you are juiced to the gills: heavy weights and an XL pizza.

No such thing as "muscle confusion".

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »

Here is some brain bleach for anyone who watched that:

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2012, 06:54:25 PM »
No such thing as "muscle confusion".
Sure there is coach.  Your muscles adapt.  You can't do the ame routine of anything over and over, and expect to progress.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2012, 07:09:32 PM »
Sure there is coach.  Your muscles adapt.  You can't do the ame routine of anything over and over, and expect to progress.

LOL..."muscle confusion" is a Joe Weider buzz word that companies like P90x are using to sell products much like what Weider did to sell his programs. "Muscle confusion" was coined about 50 years ago. Ex; Your biceps don't know whether it's doing a preacher curl or regular curl a bench press or DB press. It's a bogus name to sell products.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2012, 08:27:24 PM »
LOL..."muscle confusion" is a Joe Weider buzz word that companies like P90x are using to sell products much like what Weider did to sell his programs. "Muscle confusion" was coined about 50 years ago. Ex; Your biceps don't know whether it's doing a preacher curl or regular curl a bench press or DB press. It's a bogus name to sell products.
my biceps know the difference in curl in a squat rack or dont ;D