Author Topic: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death  (Read 54896 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death
« Reply #275 on: December 22, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »
for a man "his size" he could have been A LOT more aggressive and wasn't...he was protesting and was mouthing off but cops get that all the time.....and still it has not been established that he was selling cigs on that day.... not saying he's an angel and not saying he wasn't a prolific seller, but was he selling them on that day at that time..that still has not been established in my mind...

what I'm saying is that an offense of that nature SHOULD NOT escalate to where a cop had to take the guy's life....

same as with the Brown case.....the officer told him to stop walking in the street...how does that escalate into the officer having to kill the guy???..people here in NY city walk in the middle of the street all the time.....all the cop had to do was tell him, give him a warning and then go about his patrol...why stop and confront the guy over something so STUPID???..yes Brown was an asshole but he didn't deserve to die

I think they have to approach a bigger man differently than a little guy.  That might be why they had so many officers on the scene.  Plus this guy had a violent history.  

I also don't think it's accurate to say they took his life.  It's not like they tried to kill the guy.  

The Brown case is completely different.  If you get high, rob a store, assault a cop and try and take his gun, then charge the cop, you're going to get shot.  Deservedly so.  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #276 on: December 22, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »
I think they have to approach a bigger man differently than a little guy.  That might be why they had so many officers on the scene.  Plus this guy had a violent history.  

I also don't think it's accurate to say they took his life.  It's not like they tried to kill the guy.  

The Brown case is completely different.  If you get high, rob a store, assault a cop and try and take his gun, then charge the cop, you're going to get shot.  Deservedly so.  

no,no,no you just turn the cheek and pick him up another day say like when he's baking cookies with his mommy

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: December 22, 2014, 03:53:12 PM »
no,no,no you just turn the cheek and pick him up another day say like when he's baking cookies with his mommy

Or ask him nicely. 

Wait.  Am I agreeing with you again??   :o

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: December 22, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »
come on dude cut the fucking shit...

where did I say I was ok with him taking his life?

I am perfectly ok with them physically taking down a guy who is physically resisting arrest. That is what they did here skip, they didnt set out with intent to kill this man.

This cop knew exactly what the dangers are in wrapping around somebody's neck.

You're a judo expert and you know them as well...and that's dealing with athletes.

Add in this guy's significant obesity and even a child knows it's a recipe for disaster.

And again, they did NOTHING to help this guy.  They didn't give a flying fuck that he was dying.  The cop stood there and happily waved to a women who was filming it.  Not one took any action to save this man.

They showed only a callous disregard for this guys life.

So yeah, they took his life for a goddamn pack of smokes and some light resistance.

How brave these cops are!  ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: December 22, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
I think they have to approach a bigger man differently than a little guy.  That might be why they had so many officers on the scene.  Plus this guy had a violent history. 

I also don't think it's accurate to say they took his life.  It's not like they tried to kill the guy. 

The Brown case is completely different.  If you get high, rob a store, assault a cop and try and take his gun, then charge the cop, you're going to get shot.  Deservedly so. 

That's something we can agree on.  Ferguson is different and I think Andre's wrong.  He's seems to be taking that Stephanapolous question to the extreme when he asked if cops should have a duty to retreat.

We can't have cops backing down to crooks or allowing people to hoard the road from drivers. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: December 22, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »

That's something we can agree on.  Ferguson is different and I think Andre's wrong.  He's seems to be taking that Stephanapolous question to the extreme when he asked if cops should have a duty to retreat.

We can't have cops backing down to crooks or allowing people to hoard the road from drivers. 

Yeah.  I agree.  I've posted a couple times on here about how much ground someone can cover in a really short period of time.  The cop has about 1.5 seconds to make a decision on whether to use deadly force if someone is charging them. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: December 22, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »

Ferguson is the same thing because again how does JAYWALKING escalate to a physical confrontation and death of a teenager>???????JAYWALKING????????????...which occurs 80,000 times a day in NY city?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #282 on: December 22, 2014, 04:20:15 PM »
Ferguson is the same thing because again how does JAYWALKING escalate to a physical confrontation and death of a teenager>???????JAYWALKING????????????...which occurs 80,000 times a day in NY city?

why don't you ask that criminal thug,oh yeah he dead good fucking riddance

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #283 on: December 22, 2014, 04:29:33 PM »

You're a judo expert and you know them as well...and that's dealing with athletes.

Add in this guy's significant obesity and even a child knows it's a recipe for disaster.

And again, they did NOTHING to help this guy.  They didn't give a flying fuck that he was dying.  The cop stood there and happily waved to a women who was filming it.  Not one took any action to save this man.

So yeah, they took his life for a goddamn pack of smokes and some light resistance.

How brave these cops are!  ::)

again all he had to do was put his hands out, he chose not to

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #284 on: December 22, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »

He just robbed a store remember ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: December 22, 2014, 04:53:45 PM »

And again, they did NOTHING to help this guy.  They didn't give a flying fuck that he was dying.  The cop stood there and happily waved to a women who was filming it.  Not one took any action to save this man.

How brave these cops are!  ::)
If you want to get on them for not helping after the fact thats fine I can agree with it. The fact they used a LEGAL chokehold to subdue a person of his size who was physically resisting arrest is perfectly ok with me. As I have stated many times, if you have an issue with the cops the time and place to take it up isnt when they are trying to take you into custody.

I am somewhat of an expert and its something I have talked about in regards to this specifically b/c some will say im bragging or making shit up and try to discredit me instead of the argument. Fact is that a chokehold designed to cut of air to the victim takes a long time to actually take effect, we are talking potentially minutes not 10-15 seconds. The chokehold that he was placed in looked like it would have been very ineffective in cutting off the air supply as the pressure was toward side of the neck (carotid artery area) which is how you cut off the blood flow. Cutting off blood flow will put you out in a matter of seconds. All of this is a moot point though as he was within his legal right to use it regardless of whether he was trying to cut off air or blood.

The fact that I have to say that I am not condoning killing innocent civilians is a sign of how irrational and emotional the argument your pushing is. I am not here saying that b/c youre against the cops actions youre for people resisting arrest and getting physical with the cops. ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: December 22, 2014, 04:55:38 PM »

From what I've read on what's come out, they were walking down the middle of the road, not simply jaywalking.  So the cop was telling them to get off the road. 

I don't know what it's like in NY (only been a couple times to party), but I'm in the Baltimore/DC area and I can tell you that it's not normal for people to just walk down the middle of the street.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #287 on: December 22, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »

hey,hey he didn't rob the store he was just taking them bad for your health cigars away so nobody would get sick,the gentle giant was just misunderstood

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: December 22, 2014, 05:02:29 PM »
If you want to get on them for not helping after the fact thats fine I can agree with it. The fact they used a LEGAL chokehold to subdue a person of his size who was physically resisting arrest is perfectly ok with me. As I have stated many times, if you have an issue with the cops the time and place to take it up isnt when they are trying to take you into custody.

I am somewhat of an expert and its something I have talked about in regards to this specifically b/c some will say im bragging or making shit up and try to discredit me instead of the argument. Fact is that a chokehold designed to cut of air to the victim takes a long time to actually take effect, we are talking potentially minutes not 10-15 seconds. The chokehold that he was placed in looked like it would have been very ineffective in cutting off the air supply as the pressure was toward side of the neck (carotid artery area) which is how you cut off the blood flow. Cutting off blood flow will put you out in a matter of seconds. All of this is a moot point though as he was within his legal right to use it regardless of whether he was trying to cut off air or blood.

The fact that I have to say that I am not condoning killing innocent civilians is a sign of how irrational and emotional the argument your pushing is. I am not here saying that b/c youre against the cops actions youre for people resisting arrest and getting physical with the cops. ::)

No, that's probably just the way my argument is coming off.  I agree that the appropriate method of fighting cops is in a courtroom well after the incident.  Cooperate, get an attorney, then go after the cops.

But, the degree of force used in this case, to my mind, is just unacceptable.

:(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: December 22, 2014, 05:08:57 PM »

No, that's probably just the way my argument is coming off.  I agree that the appropriate method of fighting cops is in a courtroom well after the incident.  Cooperate, get an attorney, then go after the cops.

it was aggressive I can agree with that, unacceptable? no.

if they hadnt have used a chokehold and taken him down and he had died, which is a strong possibility. The outrage would still be there for whatever reason.

If he had thrown a punch and they had used a chokehold and he died, there would still be outrage.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #290 on: December 22, 2014, 05:24:36 PM »

It sounds almost as if the NYPD might have reasons to prohibit the use of the chokehold.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: December 22, 2014, 05:28:02 PM »
It sounds almost as if the NYPD might have reasons to prohibit the use of the chokehold.
but not enough to make it illegal i guess

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: December 22, 2014, 05:28:39 PM »
it was aggressive I can agree with that, unacceptable? no.

if they hadnt have used a chokehold and taken him down and he had died, which is a strong possibility. The outrage would still be there for whatever reason.

If he had thrown a punch and they had used a chokehold and he died, there would still be outrage.

If he would have punched the officer in the face, tried to take his gun, then charged the officer there would be outrage.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: December 22, 2014, 05:30:44 PM »
If he would have punched the officer in the face, tried to take his gun, then charged the officer there would be outrage. 
hahah bazinga!!!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #294 on: December 22, 2014, 05:32:26 PM »
but not enough to make it illegal i guess

But enough to make it wreckless and excessive.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: December 22, 2014, 05:32:31 PM »

He shoplifted....still wrong but hardly a ROBBERY..you're overexaggerating

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #296 on: December 22, 2014, 05:37:30 PM »

He assaulted the store owner remember

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #297 on: December 22, 2014, 05:38:04 PM »

actually what he did is considered a strong arm robbery

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: December 22, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »

yes but you see, this is where the injustice gets worse....the average black guy can't afford his own lawyer so he gets a public defender who then tries to convince him to take a plea and not pursue the case.....if he does decide to pursue the case he often has to sit in jail until trial because he can't make bail......here in NY the vast majority of prisoners in jail are in there because THEY CANT MAKE BAIL....not because they're guilty...so its easy to say to battle the cop later in court when you don't have to sit in jail for 6months to a year waiting for trial...at which point you will be found guilty anyway most likely..the police know this and the people arrested know this

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: December 22, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
But enough to make it wreckless and excessive.
but not wreckless or excessive enough to make it illegal ;)