Author Topic: A Wonderful Person-Lets Open our Hearts  (Read 19748 times)

w8m8

Re: A Wonderful Person-Lets Open our Hearts
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »

lymph nodes in my chest that where biopsied came out cancer free!  :D   :D   :D

Fantastic news ,it's wonderful really !! Godspeed  ;D

enjoy the recuperating as much as you can , and your family too

~weed~

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2008, 07:44:42 AM »
Goos motning!! Lub u!!   lol    :-*

Great great fantastic stupendous super duper news!!!

Now we need to make up a cool story for the hopefully teeny tiny scar you might have!

Something with Ninjas in it!!
  ;)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
thats awesome news!!
glad to hear all went well and i hope your recovering nicely.

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »
Best of luck to you!
My dad also has sarcoidosis.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2008, 05:42:17 AM »
I had my first  follow up yesterday.  The doc took out the drainage tube from my chest.  It was awful (thought I was going to pass out), but I made it.  He said they were able to remove all the cancer and that it had not spread further than the thyroid and nodes in my neck (which were all taken out).  So the chest is clear!!!  No chemo!!!  I do have to get radioactive iodine treatment, but that's pretty simple (just can't be around people for 4 days…Mike's gonna love that, lol).  I'm on a ton of meds right now, but I'm getting blood work done every couple days to see how they will level me out.  I thought I was done with needles,  :(  Anyway, I guess the hard part is over and recovery is just around the corner.  :) 

Thanks everyone!   :-*
:D Weee

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2008, 06:45:34 AM »
I had my first  follow up yesterday.  The doc took out the drainage tube from my chest.  It was awful (thought I was going to pass out), but I made it.  He said they were able to remove all the cancer and that it had not spread further than the thyroid and nodes in my neck (which were all taken out).  So the chest is clear!!!  No chemo!!!  I do have to get radioactive iodine treatment, but that's pretty simple (just can't be around people for 4 days…Mike's gonna love that, lol).  I'm on a ton of meds right now, but I'm getting blood work done every couple days to see how they will level me out.  I thought I was done with needles,  :(  Anyway, I guess the hard part is over and recovery is just around the corner.  :) 

Thanks everyone!   :-*
I am so glad for you Laura.
You deserve a break  :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2008, 07:56:10 AM »
So glad to hear the good news dweetir!! :-*
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »
Stella all kidding aside...............you really are a sweetheart!!!!!!!!!

~weed~

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »

Thanks everyone!   :-*

Will you turn into the Hulk those  4 days?     :o

Great news on the results!!!   :-*     

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2008, 10:05:39 AM »
thought i would share some pics u all may have not seen before

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2008, 06:59:31 PM »
found these pics on bodybuilding dungeon

first pic is a "young" laura.............the rest are a couple of years old

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2008, 07:00:13 PM »
 :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2008, 07:08:31 PM »
found these pics on bodybuilding dungeon

first pic is a "young" laura.............the rest are a couple of years old
I was 32 in that first one.  Man that was a long time ago.

Hey...no need for the shower one in here, lol.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2008, 07:10:37 PM »
I was 32 in that first one.  Man that was a long time ago.

Hey...no need for the shower one in here, lol.

i "felt" the need.................... ...... :D

~weed~

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »

Gorgeous dahling!   :-*

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2008, 07:21:42 PM »
lymph nodes in my chest that where biopsied came out cancer free!

that's good news laura....

stay healthy !

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2008, 09:43:26 PM »
GOD DAMN!!!!

I have been away so long I feel so bad for not being here and passing my love onto to you Laura.

You are going to beat all of this or I am going to fly down there and beat you! j/k

Seriously, You are the person I wish I was capable of being.
All my love and all my strength if you need/want it.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Racquel

Just Bad Bad Blood!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2008, 07:07:47 AM »
GOD DAMN!!!!

I have been away so long I feel so bad for not being here and passing my love onto to you Laura.

You are going to beat all of this or I am going to fly down there and beat you! j/k

Seriously, You are the person I wish I was capable of being.
All my love and all my strength if you need/want it.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Racquel

Aww, thank Racq.  Yes, you have been mia for a bit.  The  doc's believe they got all the cancer out.  Now I just gotta heal and work on the sarcoidosis.  Hopefully this will be the last medical problem I have to deal with.  8 continuous months of fighting different health issues (heart, lungs, thyroid)...I think I deserve a break, lol.  :)   My medication is crazy.  13 pills in the morning, 3 in the afternoon and then 6 at bedtime.  I still have a problem swallowing so I have to take each one...one by one, with the water.... I end up taking enough to make me full, lol. 

Anyway, thank you my sweet.  Hope all has been well with you.

Love,

~me

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2008, 11:24:28 AM »
Hey Laura,

Glad to hear all the cancer has been removed, and you won't need to undergo chemo.

Stay strong, and know we're all thinking about you, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2008, 07:29:36 AM »
Hey Laura,

Glad to hear all the cancer has been removed, and you won't need to undergo chemo.

Stay strong, and know we're all thinking about you, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thank you for the e-card Judi   :-*   (mmmm M&M's  :D)

btw...did you call Mike yesterday and not leave a message?   :P

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »
Thank you for the e-card Judi   :-*   (mmmm M&M's  :D)

Glad you liked it.  :)

btw...did you call Mike yesterday and not leave a message?   :P

Ya, as his outgoing message started to play, I got an incoming call from the UK, so I flipped the line over to catch it before it went into voicemail. When I flipped back, it had already disconnected.
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2008, 04:41:11 PM »
Wow !!!  what an amazing saga on the Girly Board.  Live from the Operating table even. 

Glad I logged on after a few months.  Isn't the internet awesome ? 

Obviously I find it slightly if not extremely weird that anyone would want to post pix and messages from their hospital bed and attempt to find comfort in that, but anyways...

Laura,

I'm pleased to hear that you've only got a little scar which won't show and that you'll be well...
                                    you can wear a nice scarf.

with mad love from London England
xLinda

Please Get Better, Wonderful Person

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2008, 07:31:38 PM »

Obviously I find it slightly if not extremely weird that anyone would want to post pix and messages from their hospital bed and attempt to find comfort in that, but anyways...

Whats so weird about it?, she has thousands of supporters who were interested in seeing how she was. There was even a thread about it on the main board. Laura is a very sweet person who was faced with a very scary incident.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2008, 08:06:50 AM »
Whats so weird about it?, she has thousands of supporters who were interested in seeing how she was. There was even a thread about it on the main board. Laura is a very sweet person who was faced with a very scary incident.
Lol, I wouldn't say thousands.  Don't mind Linda, Jedi, she doesn't realize that you can have lots of friends on here and that there are a lot of really good caring people here (that most of those who act bad...really aren't bad).

Linda, just as an fyi, you talk about all the hate and whatnot on this board, but during my illness, my postings and updates from the point of my diagnosis of cancer to my surgery to remove it, brought a lot of good qualities out of many getbiggers.  The majority of posters on this site have been here for a long long time.  Have gone through several screen names (but it always comes out who is/was who at some point, lol).  And we might all mess around on here but in the end, we are a weird kind of family and do care about each other (even if we dislike them, lol).  When something happens to one of us, we genuinely care and do our best to support each other.   I would hardly call that "slightly if not extremely weird".  I would call it "human".

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2008, 06:43:55 AM »
You're right and I'm wrong and I apologise if necessary.  I've frequently been extremely rude and real, bordering on horrid here (and often sarcastic beyond anyones' comprehension) and perhaps deserved to be put in my place.

So I'm perhaps somewhat awe-struck by the huge support and love you've garnered by posting a blow-by-blow account of your struggle with (and defeat of?) a life-changing and -threatening health problem.  I now realise that the love and support of your "Getbig Family" will surely have helped you during the most incredibly difficult times you've recently coped with.

Glad I logged back in to see what was happening here...

I just know that I would not be able to post a daily overview of a battle with cancer as I'd be too worried and screwed up obsessing, fearing I'd lose.  But I haven't a clue really as I've fortunately never had to deal with anything half as scary...  So Bravo !  I salute your enormous bravery.

I take my hat off to you and bow
You are the undisputed Queen and King of Getbigland...
xLinda

but ps:  The only people who constantly spewed abuse and hatred at me without a sense of humour here were you and Mike, I thought I'd put that straight.  flower/weed was hilarious, so I enjoyed her mad attacks.  The rest, all the blokes, were just daft.  And as for Ron, he's been simply splendid...

But that no longer matters, I now understand most if not all of the background, including the previous history.  It now makes sense that you'd be horrid to me when I previously queried your fan club (and Mike's !!!, that one is even funnier).  I guess I attempted to take up the challenge when you hurled abuse at me and I ended up instead taking the mickey...  In future I'll try always to walk away, hopefully unharmed, when your family goes nasty and plays dirty.

Anyways, take care and relax if you are able.  You are much loved and so many are praying for your speedy and complete recovery. 

It was Arvilla that pissed me off, not you.  I got seriously upset when (on top of everything you've had to cope with,) you had to stick up for his awful behaviour, that's all.

with mad love from London