Author Topic: OH MY GOD...  (Read 4014 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: OH MY GOD...
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2014, 05:17:42 PM »
All games involving an inflated ball are an embarrassment to mankind.  I can understand children enjoying such frivolous activities, but grown men.

Just for the record, posing in a thong on stage in front of other men is equally embarrassing.
V

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
All games involving an inflated ball are an embarrassment to mankind.  I can understand children enjoying such frivolous activities, but grown men.

Just for the record, posing in a thong on stage in front of other men is equally embarrassing.

Which are acceptable?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2014, 05:22:13 PM »
It's boring but that not boring. Did you leave for the east coast yet?

True. I prefer more fast paced games like football or hockey.................. .................or bodybuilding.  :-X :-X
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »
Club coaches make more, closer to $20million but they work a lot more, 100 hour weeks and can lose job with the click of a finger. It is getting inflated year on year with ridiculous TV deals and oil money buying clubs. Qataris and Dubai sovereign funds are buying clubs and giving them BILLIONS. Rest is crazy TV money, high ticket prices (with sold out stadiums every match), crazy sponsorship ($110m PER YEAR for shirt sponsorship) etc etc. Seems like a bubble but I don't know. Clubs lose money unlike US franchises.
Do the Qataris and other oil rich countries try and invest those billions in investing in making their own home grown teams?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2014, 05:28:19 PM »
I completely get that. That's why it through me off a little when he said they were getting around $8mil.

yeab but they get 80 dollars per viewer in uk v 8c or so in china. Cheap cun ts.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »
All games involving an inflated ball are an embarrassment to mankind.  I can understand children enjoying such frivolous activities, but grown men.

Is it the trapped air that troubles you most, or the size of the ball? Most unique sports critique I've ever come across, I must admit.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2014, 05:38:27 PM »
Do the Qataris and other oil rich countries try and invest those billions in investing in making their own home grown teams?

There's a crazy bit at the end of Andrea Pirlo's book (he plays for Italy and Juventus, is prob 36 or so now) about when he was 33 (in 2011 anyway) and a Qatari club approached him. They offered him €10m/year. He said no. They offered his kids English teachers, he said he wanted Italian speaking kids. They said they would build a school and employ only Italian speaking teachers. They asked did he like cars. They offered him a "few" Ferraris. They said if he ever felt homesick, there was a private jet waiting on the runway whenever he wanted. He still said no, so they said "11m per yer? €12m? 13m?" etc. This is for someone who was 33 at the time, past his prime, to go to a club where a man and his dog walking by would probably double the attendance.

Look at Qatar on a map and it makes the whole thing even more insane. It is like a footnote on Saudi Arabia.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2014, 07:59:22 PM »
Those are hands that have never done a days work in his life.

When you got the brains... no reason to use your hands really .

WoooSSHHH  BE YE KE

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »

Sure they can all run the 40 in 4.1 and squat 2000lbs. I'm also sure the fans drink beer all game because it is so exciting.  ::)
Got to calm down the nerves from the sheer electricity in the air  ::) ::)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 04:37:08 AM »
I support this thread